Port Huron Icehawks New Logo

dhamen0420

Here is a link to the Port Huron Icehawks new logo, you can see it unveiled in a picture on the side.

http://www.thetimesherald.com/apps/pbcs.dl...NEWS05/70625019

Note: If you look close under the word ICEHAWKS, you can make out the last name of the ownership group 'KINNEY' Not sure if I have ever seen that done before. Interesting choice of design.

"Roll Along"

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hold on here, we've got gradients *and* Impact font?

Is it Tuesday? Because we've got a crap logo 2-fer.

Par for the course for this league, though. Good luck getting 1,500 a game to show in Port Huron. Those fans have gotten wise to how this league operates.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

That Columbus Stars logo is similar to the 1987 MLB All-Star Game logo:

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?lo=1965

Impressive. :blink:

LOL, I remember the Stars 1/2 season of existence. They were in first place in the division, a few points ahead of the Generals, then they collapsed. Several Stars players and their head coach were supposed to be in the All-Star Game.

Ah the good ol' days of Richard Brosal's reckless expansion of the U-Haul League. :D

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

Wow that logo looks very 90's-ish.

I don't think we're in 2007 anymore...

icehawks.jpg

I'm not so sure that bad design belongs to the 90's (despite hundreds of bad logos and horrible fashion choices that try to convince me otherwise). This is a consistent mistake made by the these low budget teams. Confusing a logo with an illustration.

I'm sure one on the guys originally had a sweet idea ... "Hey guys I got a sweet name for the team ... ICEHAWKS ... sweet right? .... whats that ? oh, i don't know what it is either, but it could make a kickass logo, just picture this awesome giant hawk colored like ICE. We need someone to draw what I'm seeing, QUICK ... get me that illustrator we hired for that children's book we published."

After working with said illustrator for a week .. you get yourself a nice drawing that you can only make out when its on a print thats as big as a man.

Had this concept gone through the mind of a talented logo designer, the result could have been AMAZING ... but instead you get a page torn out of Hamster Huey and the Gooey Kablooie.

Kinda reminds me of the old Buffalo Wings roller hockey logo.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Archived