Port Huron Icehawks New Logo

dhamen0420

This reminds me of a designer's work who used to be on these boards - I'm not going to name him - but someone who was a terrific illustrator who had no clue how to design a sports logo.

WAY too much detail, gradients, bad color choices, etc.

How would you embroider that mess?

Huh? Huh? How would ja?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen Vomit Look better than that - what a crappy logo.

Sorry guys - IMO, absolutely horrible. If your the guy who designed

this and your here with us, I would slap you naked and hide your clothes.

That is just a really bad logo !!!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

How would you embroider that mess?

Huh? Huh? How would ja?

Well, fortunately for the Icehawks, the new Fake IHL is definitely a screenprinting-caliber kind of league.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

hey guys ... so I had this idea that crept into my head, and fought its away out between projects. let me know what you guys think of this for a Port Huron Ice Hawks identity :

icehawks_id_01.jpg

John, that's far too good for this league.

I'd suggest contacting the organization, but I'd imagine you'd like to be paid for your services, so don't bother.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

What a piece of crap (not js °'s concept, that rules). Being a member of a minor league should not give teams an excuse to use a crappy logo like that. That fact that they've used the Impact font, and made it shiny, just makes it look worse.

Is it just me, or can anyone else see the word 'KINNEY' formed by the feathers/icicles underneath the Icehawks name? :blink:

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

"John, that's far too good for this league.

I'd suggest contacting the organization, but I'd imagine you'd like to be paid for your services, so don't bother"

Your design is awesome John!!1

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

let me know what you guys think of this for a Port Huron Ice Hawks identity :

icehawks_id_01.jpg

I've been a huge fan of your past work, John. That said, I'm not feeling the marks that you've come up with here.

In trying to render the bird's flapping wings as if they are sweeping up and back just prior to being brought back down, while also clinging to the use of sharp, angular shapes that call to mind ice, you've ended up creating an Ice Hawk that simply looks... awkward. The rather abrupt right-angle at which the ends of the wings turn upward makes it look as if both of the Ice Hawk's wings have been broken. Either that or the Ice Hawks team using your primary mark should be competing in a football league. Touchdown! LOL

As for the secondary mark, I'm a fan of it's simplicity. However, on the right-hand upright of the "H", I'd like to see the upper portion tucked behind the loop of the "P", with the lower portion overlapping the loop. In that way, I'm hoping that the intersection of the "H" upright and "P" loop wouldn't have me seeing an "F" hidden in the logo (which I'm reading now).

All of this said, your logos represent a 100% improvement over the horrible mark that the Ice Hawks actually unveiled. I find it absolutely mind-boggling that an idea that "crept" into your head and "fought its way out between" other projects should be so professional. Oh, and I love the color palette you chose.

icehawks.jpg

From this angle, it looks like the IceHawk/Parrot/Rodan's Peculiar Cousin needs serious orthodontic work.

:D

The concepts posted in this thread are much better. Wouldn't mind seeing some more color besides several shades of blue though.

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

PortHuronFlagsPatriotic.png

A concept I made awhile back for the Flags. :flagcanada::flagusa:

Sorry couldn't resist. They should be called the Fags, because that's just gay.

wwwaufderaxemo2.jpg

I only come around here once in a while to annoy you people, and by people I mean you mutha :censored:as.

PortHuronFlagsPatriotic.png

and how is this relevant to the thread? That wasn't even funny and it was just tasteless and wrong

Yes, you could. You chose not to.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived