AFFL Redesign

Davidson

Some amazing artwork. My only critique would be the lack of color diversity. Every single team has black in its color scheme, and most of theme with a strong black influence. 8 of the teams are black and red (with either gold or silver). You might want to consider diversifying. Try some navy, some orange, etc. Some suggestions:

Sharks & Lookouts: replace black with either navy or dark purple

Tigers: Replace red with orange or yellow

Mooseheads (and maybe Orgres): replace black with a dark green.

Brigade could also use a red/white/blue scheme.

Again, not criticizing, it is just that you have a lot of very similar color schemes which I think a league would try to avoid. It gives the impression that all the team owners want to be the "tough" team (Everyone wants to be the Raiders). Someone has to be the creamsicle Buccs, right? Just a thought.

actually, none of the sharks, brigade or mooseheads have any black? and the tigers are orange? you might want to recalibrate your monitor mate. for ref. the hellions are a dark brown aswell.

i actually was given the colour scheme so there was little room to move on that side of things.

Wow, your shading amazes me. That is one thing I have quite a bit of trouble with. I think it is something you got or you don't, I can't really think of any way to get better at shading. I think the best one is the shaks, and I also especially like the hellions and gladiators logos. Great job as usual.

thanks bro, what do you mean by shading?

fd

Like where the shadows and highlights are on the logo. You really are good at your shading, that's most definitely my weak point too. I guess it really helps to draw your logos out first, then put it on the computer, but you look st my stuff and there will be very little shading or none at all, because I suck at it! You do really, really nice work man! I envy you and your damn shading :D

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Wow, your shading amazes me. That is one thing I have quite a bit of trouble with. I think it is something you got or you don't, I can't really think of any way to get better at shading. I think the best one is the shaks, and I also especially like the hellions and gladiators logos. Great job as usual.

thanks bro, what do you mean by shading?

fd

Like where the shadows and highlights are on the logo. You really are good at your shading, that's most definitely my weak point too. I guess it really helps to draw your logos out first, then put it on the computer, but you look st my stuff and there will be very little shading or none at all, because I suck at it! You do really, really nice work man! I envy you and your damn shading :D

Yeah, exactly. I have trouble with where I should put highlights and shadows. I try to think of where the light would come from, but it still gives me problems. Shadows and highlights add a lot to logos, and you are great at them.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Amazing - that describes your work/concepts.

9.9/10 buddy!!! Great work - thanks for sharing.

:)

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Amazing - that describes your work/concepts.

9.9/10 buddy!!! Great work - thanks for sharing.

:)

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

These are awesome! They are all done so well. Tough choice so I chose a few favorites: Brigade, Conquistadors, and the Barbarians. Keep up the good work.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Very nice. Just wanted to let you know that it says "Alpharetta Sharks" instead of "Tigers".

My favorite is the Mooseheads, probably because I live near Roswell but also because the helmet logo is awesome.

I was wondering if you were planning the light blue and black specifically for Norcross, because the high school there uses the same colors. Anyways, the number font for that one is sweet.

Haha, Grayson, one of the redneck capitals of Georgia...hope that doesn't offend anyone :P

By the way, by "St Mountain" you mean "Stone Mountain", right?

Very nice. Just wanted to let you know that it says "Alpharetta Sharks" instead of "Tigers".

My favorite is the Mooseheads, probably because I live near Roswell but also because the helmet logo is awesome.

I was wondering if you were planning the light blue and black specifically for Norcross, because the high school there uses the same colors. Anyways, the number font for that one is sweet.

Haha, Grayson, one of the redneck capitals of Georgia...hope that doesn't offend anyone :P

By the way, by "St Mountain" you mean "Stone Mountain", right?

Norcross is more dark blue than light blue. They have also had some red in there in the past.

Good logos, I just don't associated Duluth with Conquistador. A better Duluth name would have been the Duluth Developer's.

untitled-2.jpg

So we can't criticize the names because he didn't do them? I can still criticize them, because it is not a knock against him. You have to know the cities to understand where we are coming from about disagreeing about the names.

fair enough.

i was just given a set of colours and a set of names. i dont really know much about the area as i come from nz and live in london.

i like the idea of cities/ towns actually having town colours. it happens a lot more in the rest of the world. in the usa, you just seem to pick colours for anything.

in new zealand, wellington is black and yellow, otago is blue and gold and canterbury is black and red. these run through all teams.

the only place i can think of in the us that seems to have something similar is pittsburgh. the steelers and the penguins used similar colours for a while.

are there any other notable examples of this?

Well most of these towns are smaller towns, not exactly huge cities like a Pittsburgh. To me, Roswell is Green, white, black and are the hornets. Norcross is dark blue and white and is blue devils. Duluth is purple and white and are the wildcats. Lawrenceville to me is yellow and black and are the knights. Suwanee is a bit different since they don't exactly have a middle school. They are probably blue and red and the lions, or red and black and the bulldogs, or green and white and the eagles, since they are all around suwanee. Grayson is green, gold, and white and are the rams while Dacula is blue and gold and are the falcons. I don't know about dunwoody, doraville, alpharetta, august.

I just usually associate town colors and nicknames with whatever high school is in that town.

untitled-2.jpg

FANTASTIC

I wish i could draw like this

every one wants the shading style and i can't do it

anyway i love the logo for the lookouts

except if the helmet were real, it may not show up very well

you may want to think about putting a white or gray border around it

not that i could tell you how to make it better, cause these rock

• 11 months later...

I know this is old, but Davidson, you are amazing. I especially like the Mooseheads (gotta represent my hometown) and the Ogres. I love every one of them!!

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

Truly great work and original concepts...love the helmets for all of these. Amazing job on all of them!

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Archived