NHL 07/08 Logos #2

Korbyn

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as I can remember, EA doesn't make the goalie masks exact. I mean, they generally make them as close as possible, but they're never dead on.

addon makers don't have a problem making them dead on. When i had nhl2002, i used to go around downloading addons from cybernhl, thunderpuck, DMD, hockey depot etc and most of the masks i downloaded along with the pads and stuff were dead on.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

As far as I can remember, EA doesn't make the goalie masks exact. I mean, they generally make them as close as possible, but they're never dead on.

addon makers don't have a problem making them dead on. When i had nhl2002, i used to go around downloading addons from cybernhl, thunderpuck, DMD, hockey depot etc and most of the masks i downloaded along with the pads and stuff were dead on.

I believe I have the answer to this. I heard somewhere that the NHL and EA don't have the rights to the mask designs, since they are designed/painted by outside sources hence why EA can't use the EXACT masks.

I believe I have the answer to this. I heard somewhere that the NHL and EA don't have the rights to the mask designs, since they are designed/painted by outside sources hence why EA can't use the EXACT masks.

This is what I meant. Otherwise, they'd ahve to get permission from Bishop Designs, or some of the other guys who do the goalies masks.

So basically, there cheap.

O well, I love playing that game, plus I read somewhere on here that NHL08 will have the AHL in it.

Is that true?

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

O well, I love playing that game, plus I read somewhere on here that NHL08 will have the AHL in it.

Is that true?

What do you mean cheap? Contacting EVERY SINGLE mask designer and company and asking permission to use their mask for EVERY SINGLE goalie in the NHL is a PAIN IN THE ASS. It's just not worth it, especially since plenty of goalies change teams every year and change masks as a result. It's like rink ads; it's just not worth trying to get every single ad license, both financially and within the time constraints.

And yes, 08 will have the AHL in it.

One hting I would like to see is the game having every teams goal horn ... that would be awesome.

Don't see what this has to do with logos, but okay. The game does have goal horns, but many of them are inaccurate or outdated. The 2k series has more accurate horns and actually has custom soundtracks to let you import your own goal horns and songs.

even worse is the fact that the Penguins jersey goes unchanged, how can that be? That striping fits with the new jersey style? Or is EA that stupid?

I'll go with EA is just that stupid.

What are you talking about? The Pens jersey is the same in the screenshot because they haven't unveiled it yet! Until then, EA can only show their current one in shots.

Or maybe you're just that stupid. :therock:

Maybe you're just that stupid, when did the Hurricanes unveil theirs to the public? Or did they contact EA to do that for them? :rolleyes:

Is that true?

What do you mean cheap? Contacting EVERY SINGLE mask designer and company and asking permission to use their mask for EVERY SINGLE goalie in the NHL is a PAIN IN THE ASS. It's just not worth it, especially since plenty of goalies change teams every year and change masks as a result. It's like rink ads; it's just not worth trying to get every single ad license, both financially and within the time constraints.

And yes, 08 will have the AHL in it.

Like that one year when they had a gallery of goaltender masks in the game? i think NHL 98 or something, not sure what year exactly but they did go that route. If the players are apart of the NHL & NHLPA and the EA NHL series makers have the rights to both to make the game, they can go and get the mask images and get it done if they wanted to.

But in recent years, they've made it so they left a lot up to people that make add-ons to do, they never have everything as updated as it should be. The EA people also put a lot more time and effort into the NFL and MLB series than they do with the NHL ones...it's even worse knowing the game is made in Canada and they short change it that much.

They had the "minors" in the last EA NHL game, but you were unable to play as the affiliate, not the way you can in the MLB games.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Just FYI, but from what I hear, the Lightning main logo may still have text, it is unknown what the usage of it on the uniforms will be.

WHY WHY WHY!???!?

:cursing:

I don't mind the text. The logo ain't bad because of text, it just depends which text will look good to complement the logo. The problem is that both text fonts didn't match and were both ugly.

See Rangers, Oilers, Leafs, they all have text and look good enough.

It'll be interesting to see if it is an upgrade (Tampa's new logo), i mean the Sens one is a little more fierce looking in some ways, the mohawk part is sharper, the face doesn't look clueless and the side shield part comes out more to cover the face like it should.

I don't know if the dude that designed it was watching Rome or 300...but its an upgrade over their 3d logo, hopefully tampa's is an upgrade as well, not a downgrade.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Then they wouldnt have to worry about leaked jerseys etc...

I doubt that all the teams had there jerseys ready at the entry draft.

But the NHL could have made the deadline for the jerseys at the Entry Draft.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Archived