2008 MLB All-Star Game logo....

After seeing the NBA allstar logo set my standards have gone up.

Normally i'd like this logo, but it's not doin it for me.

I mean, parts of it are cool, but just something about it doesn't seem like a good all star game logo too me.

Seems more of like an arena logo... IMO

I agree completely. It looks like Monmouth Park is hosting the MLB All-Star Game. It has the feel of a NJSEA venue logo:

monmouth_racetrack.jpg

That's the first thing I thought of when I saw the logo. Its also the basis for this year's Breeders Cup logo, strangely enough, at Monmouth Park. Good luck pulling that one off guys.

Understated, but not horrific; in essence, the Yankees.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like it. Unlike previous All-Star Logos (Pittsburgh and San. Fran) that would logo good on the sleeve, cap, and TV graphic.

On further review, I still think the overall quality of the primary logo is about on a par with what any administrative assistant could do for a company picnic flyer in Microsoft Word using system fonts and basic clipart. But watching the Giants last night, this will look much better as a patch on the Yankees uniforms all year than the Giants ASG logo does. San Fran has by far the better logo, but it just doesn't work very well as a patch, whereas this one looks to me like it will work well as a patch for the Yankees uniforms.

On caps? No logo of any kind has ever looked good on the side of a cap. Neither will this one. And the fine stripes almost certainly doom this as a good TV graphic as well. But as a sleeve patch, it should be fine.

20082614447.png

But watching the Giants last night, this will look much better as a patch on the Yankees uniforms all year than the Giants ASG logo does. San Fran has by far the better logo, but it just doesn't work very well as a patch, whereas this one looks to me like it will work well as a patch for the Yankees uniforms.

That's a really good point, and sums up my reaction to it as well....

OK - being a bit selfish here, but looking at the Years (numbers), I think MLB needs to get three teams the ASG before dealing out the game to other teams; 1 - Washington, needs the game - new stadium next year. 2 - Mets - have to wait a few years as the game in in New York in 2008 - maybe 2011. 3 - How about Kansas City - we get a new stadium then they ignore us for the next 35 years - Damd rude of baseball. Outside looking in - Oakland needs the game too.

So. starting in 2010 - let's get these four teams the game. Kaufman Stadium has had many renovations done to it in the past five years and is quite beautiful still - KC in 2012!!!

IMO

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

That was the logo I saw last month with the "Yankees" script. They also had that above the scoreboard in left field last night. Great design, just nice and simple.

Now comes the part of trying to save up money to attend said game next year. Should be fun.

I love the logo but the only problem I have is the pinstripes, because as we can see all of them dont appear clear, and you see some lines clearer than others.

well imagine the conversation in the meeting

Person 1 - Needs Stripes

Person 2 - Yah! I Agree!

Person 3- Word!

Person 4 - That's Retarded!

Person 5 - That's B! B! S! and S!

I saw, I came, I left.

I like it. Unlike previous All-Star Logos (Pittsburgh and San. Fran) that would logo good on the sleeve, cap, and TV graphic.

On further review, I still think the overall quality of the primary logo is about on a par with what any administrative assistant could do for a company picnic flyer in Microsoft Word using system fonts and basic clipart. But watching the Giants last night, this will look much better as a patch on the Yankees uniforms all year than the Giants ASG logo does. San Fran has by far the better logo, but it just doesn't work very well as a patch, whereas this one looks to me like it will work well as a patch for the Yankees uniforms.

On caps? No logo of any kind has ever looked good on the side of a cap. Neither will this one. And the fine stripes almost certainly doom this as a good TV graphic as well. But as a sleeve patch, it should be fine.

I agree...but its not like they have to take the EXACT official logo and make it into the patch. I swear I've seen ASG patches on uniforms that didn't exactly match the official logo.

Any patch on the Yankee jerseys will look pretty bad because of the pin stripes and the simplicity of the overall uniform IMO.

Speaking objectively and not as a Red Sox fan, I only have two gripes:

1 - Why the pinstripes? We know the game's at Yankee Stadium. We know who's hosting it. So why include a uniform design element in the logo?

2 - What's the most identifiable characteristic of Yankee Stadium? The facade! So why downplay it? I'd rather have seen the facade extend across the entire length of the oval than just the small portion it covers.

I give the logo a solid C.

Now, here's how I think the BP jerseys should be:

AL - white, with interlocking AL in the spot where the NY is on the Yankee home jerseys (and NO PINSTRIPES)

NL - blue, with "NATIONAL" spelled out across the front like the Yankee road script

If they do that, I'd have no problem buying one.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

1 - Why the pinstripes? We know the game's at Yankee Stadium. We know who's hosting it. So why include a uniform design element in the logo?

2 - What's the most identifiable characteristic of Yankee Stadium? The facade! So why downplay it? I'd rather have seen the facade extend across the entire length of the oval than just the small portion it covers.

AL - white, with interlocking AL in the spot where the NY is on the Yankee home jerseys (and NO PINSTRIPES)

NL - blue, with "NATIONAL" spelled out across the front like the Yankee road script

sounds like your not speaking objectively but more like a red sox fan.

its the last year of the stadium, its good for baseball and the NYC(current resident). just enjoy it and respect it.

its the last year of the stadium, its good for baseball and the NYC(current resident). just enjoy it and respect it.

spoken like a true Yankee fan... :rolleyes:

I've never heard a red sox fan say they'd buy a jersey that looks exactly like a Yankees jersey... guess which one of you is wrong?

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I've never heard a red sox fan say they'd buy a jersey that looks exactly like a Yankees jersey... guess which one of you is wrong?

OOOH! OOOH!!!

I KNOW!!!!!!

Archived