2008 MLB All-Star Game logo....

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First time poster...long, long, LONG time lurker....

I'm not sure if this is official, but I am assuming it is. At the last Yankees game I attended (July 18 vs. Toronto), in the Team Store on the field level behind home plate, they had mouse pads with what I assume is the ASG logo. I was not able to get a picture unfortunately, but I remember the logo was along the lines of this:

An oval with pinstripes in the interior. Yankees script with "ALL-STAR GAME" below that and I think there may have been the facade above the oval but I'm not sure.

This may have been just an unofficial thing (they also sell t-shirts at Modell's with the stadium and the Manhattan skyline in back of it - which makes no sense since Manhattan is south of the Stadium, but I digress ;) ), but it looked legit to me.

At the last Yankees game I attended (July 18 vs. Toronto)

Very off topic but I was there too... terrible game

Actually it was quite enjoyable ;)

I don't think I've ever seen a team get a runner in scoring position with less than 2 outs 6 innings in a row and not score in any of them :blink::wacko:

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

At the last Yankees game I attended (July 18 vs. Toronto)

Very off topic but I was there too... terrible game

Actually it was quite enjoyable ;)

I don't think I've ever seen a team get a runner in scoring position with less than 2 outs 6 innings in a row and not score in any of them :blink::wacko:

Just to add my two cents in...I was at the game myself. First time at Yankee Stadium...it was a horrible game. But, I can now cross off Yankee Stadium on places to go before I die.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

That's because you, sir, do not watch enough Washington Nationals games. Things have improved of late, but since April 2005 getting runners into scoring position with less than two outs but stranding them, many times per game, has been the signature offensive play of the Nats. Usually, just to make being a Nats fan even more fun, on the way to losing 4-3.

Looking forward to the logo unveil today. Any news on when MLB will be awarding the ASG to the slew of teams with new ballparks, such as, ahem, Washington and Minnesota? Do they only award it X years out, or could MLB go ahead and officially line the new-park cities up now? And can these other cities please be in line before new Yankees Stadium or new Shea gets a return engagement?

20082614447.png

That's because you, sir, do not watch enough Washington Nationals games. Things have improved of late, but since April 2005 getting runners into scoring position with less than two outs but stranding them, many times per game, has been the signature offensive play of the Nats. Usually, just to make being a Nats fan even more fun, on the way to losing 4-3.

Looking forward to the logo unveil today. Any news on when MLB will be awarding the ASG to the slew of teams with new ballparks, such as, ahem, Washington and Minnesota? Do they only award it X years out, or could MLB go ahead and officially line the new-park cities up now? And can these other cities please be in line before new Yankees Stadium or new Shea gets a return engagement?

St. Louis already has the ASG in '09

Here is how it should go...

2010: Washington

2011: Minnesota (if it is open by then)

2012: Arizona (LONG TIME WAIT)

2013: Tampa Bay

2014: San Diego

2015: New York (Citi Field or whatever the hell the Mets are calling the new park)

2016: Baltimore or Chicago (Chicago for Wrigley Field)

2017: Florida

Anyone else can make their own predictions for the ASG past 2009!

2015: New York (Citi Field or whatever the hell the Mets are calling the new park)

A National leauge team will not have the ASG in 2010, alsi throw Kansas City's name in that list Bud Selig promise the the ASG when their renovations are done. And like you im still waiting for an ASG in Arizona, long over due in my opinion.

A National leauge team will not have the ASG in 2010, alsi throw Kanasa Citys name in that list Bud Selig promise the the ASG when their renovations are done. And like you im still waiting for an ASG in Arizona, long over due in my opinion.

Oh #$%^ I forgot about KC.

Why do you think the NL will not get the asg in 2010? I seem to recall that the NL has had a couple of ASGs in a row.

Case in point, 06 was in Pittsburgh and 07 was in San Francisco.

Why do you think the NL will not get the asg in 2010? I seem to recall that the NL has had a couple of ASGs in a row.

Case in point, 06 was in Pittsburgh and 07 was in San Francisco.

Selig said he would not do that again. The reason why it did happen was because the American League really hasn't had a new/renovated ballpark in quite some time.

My guesses:

2010 - Anaheim

2011 - Washington

2012 - Minnesota

2013 - Arizona

2014 - Tampa Bay

2015 - Philadelphia

2016 - Kansas City

2017 - Whale's Va Gina

2018 - Oakland (although it will probably be too small)

2019 - New York Mets

Cards.png

I couldn't agree with you more. I'm excited to know when the Nats get their ASG. Though they'll probably get screwed by MLB again.

From MLB Pressbox:

Yankees, MLB to unveil 2008 All-Star Game logo on Tuesday

WHAT:

The New York Yankees, Major League Baseball and the City of New York will unveil the official 2008 All-Star Game logo and will discuss 2008 All-Star Summer.

WHO:

Hal Steinbrenner, Randy Levine, and Lonn Trost, New York Yankees

Bob DuPuy, President & Chief Operating Officer, Major League Baseball

Mayor's Office Representative, City of New York

Hall of Famer Yogi Berra

Eight-time All-Star and Yankees captain Derek Jeter

Two-time All-Star Hideki Matsui

Four-time All-Star and Yankees pitching coach Ron Guidry

WHEN:

Tuesday, July 31st at 3 p.m. (EDT)

WHERE:

Yankee Stadium