Detroit Redwings Concept

AAO

This looks really solid. I'm not sure if a modern look would be good at them right now because there classic is so good, but if so this is the way to go. A few things

1) As much as I like the two tones of red, I'd go with black, red, and beige, like the Diamondbacks use.

2) The script should be separated into 2 words.

Again, if the Red Wings were to go modern, this would be cool. A-

Oddsy, was wondering where ya'd been lol

Really nice logo, the R and w are a nice touch, its a bit like the arrow in Fedex, unless its pointed out you won't notice it which add mystique to it (if thats a word). Nice work mate.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Complete-DetriotRedwings.gif

I'm still not sure if i'm diggin the RW in the wings...makes me feel like Jay-Z bought the team....I think i might just keep the W design in both wings.

Alright, now I get to post on one of my favorite designers work! All you young designers out there need to study people like AAO's work. You will help you leaps and bounds, just like it did with me....

AAO, this is really really well done. Just a few things I noticed....

The peachy-gold isn't working for me. I don't know what it is, but I would like to see it in another color.

The current winged-wheel goes from fat to thin, but yours goes from thin to fat. For almost any other team you could probably get away with it, but not with the Wings.

Just my opinion, but you should ditch the hidden RW. The angle is just too awkward to pull it off. If you focus on making the wings look more realistic, it will look much better.

Lastly, I don't think the "square" font works with the "curvy" wings. A font with more rounded edges would work a little better.....

These are little nicky picky things. The concept itself is still amazing though!

GFB

If the Red Wings didn't have such history I would say "Slap that baby on a jersey NOW!"

But I do want to echo GFB's comments about the wings.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

It's been said but I too think you should at least have the old red being the main colour, and I dont like the tan colour too much either. I'd rather see silver or grey instead of tan. I'd also like to see the wings a little bigger with a few more detail.

I think you need to "beef" the logo up a bit.

Hi, how are you?

Wow. I love it! I don't have much to say other than what's been mentioned already, but some thoughts:

- Silver/gray rather than gold? Other than the outline, the only use of gold is in the rim/hubcap. Detroit seems like the perfect place to be chrome spinnin' rather than gold spinnin' :D

- I actually like the "RW", although, as you said, it does look a lot liek Roca Wear. I didn't pick up on it until I read it at the end of your initial post. I don't mind the two-toned red. Without it, the "RW" would pop too much.

- Just a thought, but what if you had the "W" wing overlapping the wing coming from behind? It'd fix the "R" problem, and also avoid having "WW". Does this make any sense?

Great work, as usual. Good to see you making concepts again.

Instead of two smaller wings you should go with just one larger wing like their current one. That way it would be easier to incorporate the r and the w into it because of the extra space. By going that way it would be a modern version of it while keeping the people concerned with history happy. Great logo!

newsig.png

Sig By Viper

Archived