2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

carhome.png

I find the white shoulder stroke incredibly useless and ugly.

Visit geocities.com/capn89

The Stars white jerseys are cool but the black ones are very very stupid. THIS THREAD IS GETTING MASSIVE!

I think the white part is awful as well.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
carhome.png

I find the white shoulder stroke incredibly useless and ugly.

Visit geocities.com/capn89

The Stars white jerseys are cool but the black ones are very very stupid. THIS THREAD IS GETTING MASSIVE!

I think the white part is awful as well.

Yeah I wish the could go back to their ones from last year but due to the star piping around the jersey the couldn't do it.

Yeah I wish the could go back to their ones from last year but due to the star piping around the jersey the couldn't do it.

If the rumors about Colorado's jersey being almost untouched turn out to be true.. then I'm calling bullspit on *any* team claiming that they couldn't keep their look. hehe.

Only time will tell.

On CBC they have a video link, of showing a sneak peek of the Leafs new Jerseys ( New duds for the Buds )

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/

But the video link doesn't work for me..

If it does for anyone.. can they take pics ?

It wont work for me either, but I'm guessing its the crappy thing they aired a few weeks back with some dude saying he knew a guy who knew a guy who said he had a dream about what the jersey will look like.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

On CBC they have a video link, of showing a sneak peek of the Leafs new Jerseys ( New duds for the Buds )

If it's what I think it is just a mock up CBC made based on vague information they got and that all information on here is to the contrary of that mock-up (which had more silver and vertical stripes down the side where the rest of the info we have got says they are just dropping the bottom stripes and ditching the silver).

It works but you have to search for and select the story on the left side panel first...............and it is the same fake crap that CBC tried to pass off as the new jersey a couple weeks ago. According to almost all sources, this is a total fake and has been addressed numerous times in this thread already.

zzPEfBm.png

The owner let Burke choose the colours and they added a thin orange stripe later.

I know the army story, but it doesn't take a genius to see there is a connection to the Boston Bruins. Why would Burke tell the press that it's an homage to his favourite team growing up? Of course he's going to say it's the army connection.

Maybe, but it doesn't take a genius to realize that Burke may be telling the truth and that the uniform (in both color and striping) was inspired by the Army. Has that ever occured to you? Never mind that he's had much more deeper associations with Hartford, Vancouver and, through the AHL, Philadelphia that he ought to consider more than just a team me MAY have followed before his career. (Do we even know if he was ever a Bruins fan? Geographically, it would seem logicial, but it may not be the case.)

The Army story also supports the idea that the Ducks did actually have a deep green color (that wasn't the original jade) in the scheme planned before ultimately ditching it.

The army team that Burke referred to wore black and gold uniforms exclusively. There is no green anywhere in their colour scheme.

I believe that Burke has a soft spot for the Bruins and it may or may not be true that they inspired the ducks black and gold colour scheme. These are clues as to why I believe Burke used black and Gold:

A. Burke is from Boston and has strong roots there, namely his children.

B. He bought an expansion WHL team named them the Bruins and gave them the exact same colour scheme as the Anaheim Ducks.

Conicidence? I think not, but believe whatever you want.

DEATH TO REEBOK

Green was certainly a color being considered...even up to near the end of the design process.

AnaheimDucks_UC1_2007_SOL.jpg

The above Bronze and Green were originally considered, and then they changed the Bronze to Gold, and Green was dropped.

The swatches shown there are using the actual Pantone colors.

The army team that Burke referred to wore black and gold uniforms exclusively. There is no green anywhere in their colour scheme.

I believe that Burke has a soft spot for the Bruins and it may or may not be true that they inspired the ducks black and gold colour scheme. These are clues as to why I believe Burke used black and Gold:

A. Burke is from Boston and has strong roots there, namely his children.

B. He bought an expansion WHL team named them the Bruins and gave them the exact same colour scheme as the Anaheim Ducks.

Conicidence? I think not, but believe whatever you want.

The shade of gold the Chilliwack Bruins wears looks much much closer to the Penguins gold than the Ducks gold. And they use red in the shoulder logo, and use no orange.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Stars.

0901071717a.jpg

0901071717b.jpg

thats exactly what the stars are releasing. There you go stars fans, your new stars jerseys. enjoy,. ^_^

these are almost a solid set of jerseys EXCEPT for the following issues i have with them:

1. too much black and gold and not enough green.

2. front numbers on the white jersey (i hate this with every team that has released them)

3. both sets need matching hemline stripes to match the arms

4. word mark over a number. (they look way to much like a college team. of course, with the way they play in the playoffs, they might as well be a college team.)

5. either the numbers seem to high or the stripes to low. i would rather see the numbers inside the stripes like the LA kings did with their grayscale jerseys. Anaheim might have done this with their alternate, i don't remember though.

other than that these are an almost set. Almost good but not outright ugly, i put it where the canucks are.

Grade: B-

I rest my case. ^_^

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

There are plenty of colour schemes that would work very well in the NHL. The league is just fixated on the dark monochrome look.

I just gave it a quick try:

jerseysad7.jpg

At least three of them are ok. ;)

well a Navy, Red and Yellow or gold would be good, its not used much in alot of sports, and thats a shame.

939596_20070906_embed001.jpg

Anyone know if this is a legit leak? Pantone? I didn't see a debut date listed for Winnipeg. In fact, I haven't heard much from them in a while...

The new Jets uniforms are horrible. But look at the bright side at least they haven't moved to places like Phoenix and such like the other WHA teams have.

Archived