2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

Ummm...do any of you guys actually play hockey? I'd have no problem playing with this kit on...the Florida uniforms on the other hand would drive me nuts.

I'm looking forward to trying the new RBK socks, even with the stripes that taper down to the back of the skates (I actually like that, it works better with the newer designs for skates): one thing I've always hated were the wooly baggy hockey socks that never fit right over kneepads no matter how you taped them down...and if they were snug they'd severely restrict your mobility.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i've played house league hockey for over 10 years (competitive, but we're just not very good. scores, standings, contact still exist) and i can say that i would welcome a lighter jersey that resists absorbing water and sweat.

however, i've seen how tight these things are, and i know how uncomfortable i am in a tight jersey, and i can't imagine how welcome these are. i don't understand why they can't just use nice, light jerseys with bigger sizes to suit the players... but as long as they're fine with it and it doesn't hamper their ability, whatever.

Captured it from my tv.

leafs.jpg

That sooo ain't it. Nothing close to what it is going to look like. Considering silver is nowhere to be found in the new look. This hat is purely white and blue, no silver piping anywhere.

22-08-07_1734.jpg

As for the new Sens unis... I think the uniforms themselves look great and that the sharp red, black and white work very well together, same with the lighter gold of the crest logo. One thing about the look that boils my blood like nothing else is that shoulder logo which has no right being there. Disgusting, absolutly disgusting. I am sure most people here know my gripes with Sens stealing history which doesn't belong to them and I am pissed at the NHL for allowing them to piss on the reputations of a former, proud team.

In addition, I don't get why the have the side view logo if they aren't even going to use it.

22-08-07_1728.jpg

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I thought I would make a separate post for this... but it appears Dallas is not changing their logos as previously stated.

22-08-07_1729.jpg

Calgary and Pittsburgh have also officially eliminated their secondary logos and according to these new hats, no new ones have been introduced.

22-08-07_1730.jpg

22-08-07_1731.jpg

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

that stars hat makes me smile.

it's an ugly hat, but it makes me look forward to the new black unis. there's still a lot of green on that hat... and there's still a decent amount of gold.

Are those from the New Era flagship store on Queen St?

Nah, tis' a secret. ^_^

I may or may not post more pics tomorrow, depends if I can get more. Well, I have ones of Tampa, Vancouver (the full version) and San Jose, but I kind of need to crop out the backgrounds first.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Looking at that Senators jersey makes me enjoy the Predators jersey that much more. The Preds jersey -- t-shirt style be damned -- at least looks like something new. The Sens? It just....is. It exists and that's all. There's no personality!

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Looking at that Senators jersey makes me enjoy the Predators jersey that much more. The Preds jersey -- t-shirt style be damned -- at least looks like something new. The Sens? It just....is. It exists and that's all. There's no personality!

I REALLY don't mind the jersey itself, I don't mind the bright red, dark black and lightish gold, but what I do mind is that shoulder logo. It does not belong and should not belong, it ruins this jersey.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Lookin forward to it, Neon. Those hats are giving me some closure regarding some of the new looks.

Like Cole said, black may be the primary, but there's plenty of green and gold and gold to go around.

HOWEVER: That may just be the hat template. There may only be that much green on the hat because they have to put it there. The Penguins for example, if the pictures we've seen really are their jerseys, then there isn't THAT much gold on them.

Ditto to the ugly hat sentiment as well ^_^

The only reason I like the logo on the bill is so it can confirm the alternate logos (or lack thereof).

Otherwise it's a dumb idea.

Some pictures I took at the unveiling.

P1010196.jpg

P1010195.jpg

P1010193.jpg

The above uniforms on the models don't have the proper shorts though. And no, I don't know the guy in the last shot.

The placques in the background look like an interesting read. And is that a Bruins player with yellow pants in the picture with that guy you don't know in it?

Unrelated: Did you get a t-shirt? :P

Some pictures I took at the unveiling.

[pictures]

The above uniforms on the models don't have the proper shorts though. And no, I don't know the guy in the last shot.

The placques in the background look like an interesting read. And is that a Bruins player with yellow pants in the picture with that guy you don't know in it?

Unrelated: Did you get a t-shirt? :P

I didn't get a chance to read them, but I'm pretty sure it just explains the science behind the uniforms that they talked about back during the all-star break. 488% faster, all that stuff. There was also an old (signed) Jokinen All-Star uniform set there, to compare, which I took pictures of but didn't post. As gaudy as the design of the new socks are, you can't deny they're a huge improvement on the current ones - one day we're going to look back and wonder how players tolerated playing with knit socks well into the 2000s.

Yes I got a t-shirt. It says "Sens Army: The Loud. The Proud", with the new logo. Nothing innovative but it was better than the speculation that they were just going to be off-loading shirts with the old logos. :P

edit: oh and yes, that was a Boston player. Basically the exact opposite of their current set - yellow jersey, yellow pants, black socks. Right now they have a black jersey, black pants, and yellow socks.

There's also pictures of 70s era Philly (with Bobby Clarke), early 90s Toronto (with Gilmour) and early 90s Pittsburgh (with Lemieux)

Here's a better view of the Boston uni

7213949217_772648.jpg

I thought I would make a separate post for this... but it appears Dallas is not changing their logos as previously stated.

22-08-07_1729.jpg

Dallas was never changing their logos. The logo you see above will be on the road white jerseys, while the arched "DALLAS" will be on the black home jerseys.

espnsignq8.png

I have the opposite reaction.

The more I see a relatively restrained design like the Senators, the more foolish the Predators' sweaters look.

The downside of Ottawa's new look for me is that what little pattern there is gets lost when the arms sit by the side. No hem stripes, no shoulders, just a bit of a mishmash down the sleeves that doesn't match up very well with the side stripe.

Archived