2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The primary logo and font on the Lightning cap appears to be the same as the leaked versions. The secondary logo does not have Florida in the background.

94026291gq5.jpg

Damnit.

1) As I've said for the past 10 years, the "Tampa Bay" in the actual logo is terrible.

2) The secondary should be the primary. I'm sorry, but it just should. Well, at least (THANKFULLY) they smartened up and got the state of florida out of it.....

Overall, it's an improvement, but i'm still severely disappointed. All I have to say is that I hope the design of the jerseys make up for the lack of creativity in the logo. *crosses fingers for blue as the primary color* (cant wait till tomorrow........i think.)

SigReflect.png

The primary logo and font on the Lightning cap appears to be the same as the leaked versions. The secondary logo does not have Florida in the background.

94026291gq5.jpg

Damnit.

1) As I've said for the past 10 years, the "Tampa Bay" in the actual logo is terrible.

2) The secondary should be the primary. I'm sorry, but it just should. Well, at least (THANKFULLY) they smartened up and got the state of florida out of it.....

Overall, it's an improvement, but i'm still severely disappointed. All I have to say is that I hope the design of the jerseys make up for the lack of creativity in the logo. *crosses fingers for blue as the primary color* (cant wait till tomorrow........i think.)

Agreed that secondary is nice. That should be the primary/crest logo.

I find the secondary on that hat a little plain, as though it were missing something. The Tampa Bay script at the top fills it out nicely in the primary. Also, doesn't the bolt in the secondary logo cut into a picture of Florida state?

TBMSH_2.jpg

I'm looking forward to seeing the new Lightning jerseys tomorrow.

The quote below is from the stltoday.com Blues talk forum.

We will be selling the new style Blues Jersey on FanFest day September 15th. The replica/premier jerseys will be $120. The Authentics will be $215. These prices include sales tax.

Thanks,

George Pavlik

Retail Director

St. Louis Blues/Scottrade Center

I'll go check myself later tonight, but did he mention if that's gonna be the fulltime price, or is that a FanFest special. I can't be at the FanFest, but I PROBABLY will buy an authentic at some point, and from what I've seen from other prices, $215 is a very solid deal.

$215 for an authentic is a great price. On the jersey preorder forms they were handing out at the Sens unveiling the authentics are $300.

That Flames jersey gives me hope for the Blues.

Rumors have been vertical but also not much change from the current set. I couldn't figure out how that could work based on the cuts we've seen, but I could see something being done similar to the Flames jerseys, and that wouldn't be so bad.

Basically just switch the torso striping to up the side and maybe throw in that piping (I don't think it'd look awful in that manner), and that'd be decent.

So long as they keep a consistant striping pattern of navy/yellow/royal on the whites and white/yellow/navy on the royals, I should be satisfied. But I'm worried.

please tell me you know that in the 2nd pic there are no stickers, it's a photoshop, the 'C' logo is overlapping a lamp, not too mention noone would put a sticker of fathead co. on their wall.

Yes, of course its photoshopped. Its not a *fan* photoshop though, but one done for the site.

http://www.fathead.com/nhl/vancouver-canucks/canucks-logo/

Click on the "view in room" thing to see the source. If you look at any other item on the site, you'll notice that the "View in Room" feature uses the same background for all items. The company logo is just there as a watermark.

PS...Sioux suck. :P

Armadillo - another Bemidji State fan here? Great!

Moose

Gopher fan, actually. I would love it if BSU would join the WCHA, but I doubt it'll happen for a few years at least. You've got a hell of a program developing up there!

I'll just assume you're color blind -- or blinded by those monstrosities the Wild wear.

I guess if obnoxiously colored sweaters worked for Bill Cosby they can also work for the Wild.

That `Sioux suck' argument is so played out (by fans of inferior college hockey teams).

There's nothing wrong with Bill Cosby's sweaters besides the obvious. :D What can I say, I like the Wild's reds. I will say, it seems to be one of those "love it or hate it" things...very little indifference.

"Inferior college hockey team?" I haven't a clue who you're talking about, sir, as I'm not a fan of St. Cloud State. :grin:

I find the secondary on that hat a little plain, as though it were missing something. The Tampa Bay script at the top fills it out nicely in the primary. Also, doesn't the bolt in the secondary logo cut into a picture of Florida state?

I'm looking forward to seeing the new Lightning jerseys tomorrow.

Plain is GOOD when it's your primary logo.

The "tampa bay lightning" on the old one is completely unnecessary and the "tampa bay" script on the new one makes the logo look lopsided.

In other words, just get rid of it.

And I'll say it again, i'm hoping and praying that the jerseys look good enough to make me not obsess over this logo thing for the next 5 years(when hopefully they change them again.).

SigReflect.png

The Wild should of kept their current design intact even with that template.

OK, I see what you're saying. Even with the Isles template, it still looks like a proper sweater, and that's the best any of us can hope for with this Edge bit.

And for the record, I actually like the Isles jerseys.

This sort of brings up what I've been wondering about with the Senators' jerseys. So far, all the jerseys that have been released have maintained a more-or-less classic look when seen on the players... but most of them we've only seen without full equipment. Panthers and Capitals were seen with equipment on, but they still looked rather decent and .. well, like hockey jerseys.

The Senators, however, look awful. They look cheap, like someone put replica jerseys with silkscreened numbers on them. I don't know if this is because they got the jersey sizes wrong, or if it's a result of the flash photography used, but in the photos of the players wearing them, they look.. hands down.. BAD.

The Isles jersey on DiPietro looks great, in comparison.

So.. I'm going to be keeping a close eye on things when the season begins. I'll be seeing a lot of Senators games on TV on CBC, so I'm going to be looking. I'm curious as to why they, so far, are the only team to look so unprofessional in those uniforms, in my eyes.

The Senators look awful and the Isles jersey looks great? Wow. You're entitled to your opinion but I just don't see that at all- the exact opposite in fact!

An HF boards poster found some more Canucks logo leaks over at Fathead, a company that makes big wall sticker thingys.

Orca big logo, Linked for hugeness

Orca in Room, with new Stick-In-Rink Logo

Is it just me, or does the stick on the new stick-in-rink logo make a slight 'V'?

And the Lightning jerseys should have been unveiled by now, says it started at 10 on the website.

An HF boards poster found some more Canucks logo leaks over at Fathead, a company that makes big wall sticker thingys.

Is it just me, or does the stick on the new stick-in-rink logo make a slight 'V'?

And the Lightning jerseys should have been unveiled by now, says it started at 10 on the website.

It's just you. And they unnecessarily changed that logo for no good reason. It was fine the way it was.

It's just you. And they unnecessarily changed that logo for no good reason. It was fine the way it was.

Yeah, I'll agree with you on that one. Very pointless.

No, it does make a slight V, and I think they should have made it a sharper angle to make it more pronounced. I prefer the change, the original stick n' rink logo which I really like was a little sterile, and many people didn't get that it was a stick and rink: now it's more clear, and the stick looks more active.

Let's all just be thankful that the flying skates are gone.

I don't think the change to the stick in rink was unnecessary the blue outline of the stick makes it more clear that the white part form a C which wasn't clear on the original.

Archived