NCAA 08 uni flaws

southpawstu19

i just got ncaa 08 for ps3 and ive realized that there are no third jerseys in the game this year, is this true?

ive also noticed that there are flaws like when you play as vandy, you have the option to use either a white or black jersey, but the black is actually the gold alternate that is worn periodically.

Miami.png

i just got ncaa 08 for ps3 and ive realized that there are no third jerseys in the game this year, is this true?

ive also noticed that there are flaws like when you play as vandy, you have the option to use either a white or black jersey, but the black is actually the gold alternate that is worn periodically.

Not sure about PS3 or Xbox360. PS2 has alternates, but even those can sometimes be screwed up. I played as LSU against West Va., and was able to have LSU wearing purple and WVU wearing blue at the same time.

X360 and PS3 have no alts again. I can't find any site that says when they will be available. Last year it was Xmas...you know...about 4 months after teh game was collecting dust. We are being punished for buying the "superior" system.

KISSwall09.jpg

X360 and PS3 have no alts again. I can't find any site that says when they will be available. Last year it was Xmas...you know...about 4 months after teh game was collecting dust. We are being punished for buying the "superior" system.

You are from a uniform standpoint, but the gameplay on the PS2 version is exactly the same as the last two or three years. If I could afford it, I would upgrade to next-gen and suffer through no alts for a year or two.

In the PS2 game, there are several major mistakes, including:

-Syracuse not having numbers on the helmets when they are at home.

-Oregon Alternates not being able to read the names.

-West Virginia having home alternates treated as road unis.

And the biggest one...

Teams still wearing the uniform patch of the Continental Tire Bowl in the Meineke Car Care Bowl. This bowl had its name changed for the 2005 season. Yikes.

ducks-large.jpg

I've noticed these and more. Is Texas Tech getting some funky numbering font this year? On the regular xbox, their numbers look like white blobs with a thin black line within the blob.

Overall, it is still cool to have so many alternates for some teams, even if they are a little off here and there. It is a video game and I doubt the programmers get paid/punished for not having everything as exact as WE would like them. It beats not having a college FB game at all.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

that's not a mistake - on the yellows (and the whites for that matter) you can't read the silver writing worth a damn. It's really annoying.

that bowl thing is really bizarre though - some intern deserves a few floggings for that sort of a mistake.

last year they planned on releasing the unis for cost, BUT - due to serious pressure (re: bitching on the Interwebs) - they released them for free. Same with the Madden alts on 360, last year, IIRC.

which aways does Oregon have, whites and yellows?

harperdc.gif

that's not a mistake - on the yellows (and the whites for that matter) you can't read the silver writing worth a damn. It's really annoying.

that bowl thing is really bizarre though - some intern deserves a few floggings for that sort of a mistake.

last year they planned on releasing the unis for cost, BUT - due to serious pressure (re: bitching on the Interwebs) - they released them for free. Same with the Madden alts on 360, last year, IIRC.

which aways does Oregon have, whites and yellows?

On the regular xbox, Oregon has all green (w/black shoulders) unis, all white unis, black w. green shoulders unis, and white jersey with green pants.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

they got Ole Miss' white jerseys wrong (they used navy numbers instead of red numbers)

That's funny; all of Patrick Willis' rookie cards with him in a white jersey have it from the 2005 season. It's like last year's return to the traditional white jersey with red numbers and stripes never existed.

So, it's just the navy blue home jersey for Ole Miss, not the red alt that they wear at least a couple times a year?

If any of you are expecting EA to fix any of this, you're lying to yourself. They will make you pay for uniform updates, they will keep same things the same, and then blame it all on the fact that it's still next gen, and they haven't had the time to fix it. If you want to customize uniforms and logos, I would recomend All- Pro Football 2k8.

If any of you are expecting EA to fix any of this, you're lying to yourself. They will make you pay for uniform updates, they will keep same things the same, and then blame it all on the fact that it's still next gen, and they haven't had the time to fix it. If you want to customize uniforms and logos, I would recomend All- Pro Football 2k8.

All-Pro Football 2K8 is a disgrace to all football video games.

mav23.gif

Not sure about PS3 or Xbox360. PS2 has alternates, but even those can sometimes be screwed up. I played as LSU against West Va., and was able to have LSU wearing purple and WVU wearing blue at the same time.

I still play NCAA 04 from time to time......that bug is in it. Keep up the good work EA. *golf clap*

Archived