LSU to wear purple Thursday

Gmac1018

The Dawgs did this last year when they opened up against South Carolina. The only way it made us better was that we hung around for 3 quarters, instead of the usual half. The only thing this will do to impede LSU is to make them look uglier as they clobber us. :D

The Dawgs did this last year when they opened up against South Carolina. The only way it made us better was that we hung around for 3 quarters, instead of the usual half. The only thing this will do to impede LSU is to make them look uglier as they clobber us. :D

The purple jerseys don't look that bad. They wore them when we played them for their homecoming in '04. I remember them flip-flopping between Flinn and Russell at QB in that game. I believe that Russell was in there when they pulled away and beat us.

The Dawgs did this last year when they opened up against South Carolina.

Plus, South Carolina wore alternate black jerseys in that game, making it even more bizzare (I don't think Carolina even wore black unis at home, they only wore them at Mississippi State and Vandy last year).

Plus, South Carolina wore alternate black jerseys in that game, making it even more bizzare (I don't think Carolina even wore black unis at home, they only wore them at Mississippi State and Vandy last year).

No, South Carolina wore the black jerseys against Georgia and Tennessee as well as at Mississippi State and Vanderbilt. They worn the garnet jerseys for home against against Wofford, Florida Atlantic, Auburn, Arkansas, and Middle Tennessee.

No, South Carolina wore the black jerseys against Georgia and Tennessee as well as at Mississippi State and Vanderbilt. They worn the garnet jerseys for home against against Wofford, Florida Atlantic, Auburn, Arkansas, and Middle Tennessee.

More detail on LSU in purple Thursday in link below.

LSU in purple

I like the purple too. They in the same category as the Cowboy blues and Redskins burgandys in that they are pretty rare and look nice when they are used.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

You'd think that they would just change their own uniforms if they really hated them so much.

As an LSU alum and fan, I don't think anyone "hates" the purple jerseys or thinks they are "ugly". If so, the team wouldn't SELECT to wear them on average twice at home (not counting away games or home games in the past where they have been forced to wear them, as is the case against Mississippi State). The white jerseys (particularly at home) are just more of a tradition thing, not necessarily a fashion statement. It's also not to "beat the heat" at home, as LSU traditionally plays their home games at night under lights rather than under a hot Saturday afternoon sun.

Personally, I probably have less of a problem than most fans as the years I attended LSU and first started attending games(1983-1986) was during the NCAA era when they HAD to wear the purple at home. It's almost "normal" to me.... ^_^

It is what it is.

I don't mind the purple. I would like to see LSU update the uni a bit. add the tiger eye somewhere, outline the numbers, and put the current LSU font on the helmet. Add a yellow alternate and white pants and we're done. I don't think it will matter what we waer against MSU.....

Saints2.pnglsu21bcs1.png

saintsflagbd4.jpg

FWIW.... I just got two free tickets to the game. As you can tell, I'm not an LSU or Mi$$ $t fan but,there's something about wanting to be at the first game of the REAL college football season. I'm pumped and will make the 80 minute drive from Tuscaloosa to Starkvega$ after work. I was kinda hoping to see LSU in their whites but I'll see them up close when they come to Bryant-Denny .

2qluyo7.png

I can't say that I don't like the purple jerseys, but it's just not LSU. I wonder if an option to wear white jerseys/white pants at home with a designated gold jersey/white pants on the road, that way they can have 2 unis and not worry about the purple ones.

I remember first getting cable and seeing LSU in their purples, so to me that is their home uniform and I prefer it over the over-used whites. I just get tired of seeing LSU in white jerseys for pretty much every game.

Archived