SAN DIEGO CHARGERS

S316

It is almost an absolute certainty that at some point ths season the Chargers will wear all white and/or all navy. Unless I am mistaken, EVERY team in the NFL that has both white and dark pants has gone monochrome at one point (either all white, all dark, or both.)

And fwiw, the only other time I can recall the Jets wearing white at home during the regular season in the past decade or so was their 2002 home opener vs. New England, and they did so while getting pummeled 44-7.

However, I believe they wore white (back in the old green helmet days) when they beat Miami at the Meadowlands 51-45 in that famous OT shootout.

Packers-2.png

The Texans are wearing all white again for their first game this year at home.

Hopefully, they don't get slaughtered like they did last year.

Why do the Texans even wear white at home for the first few home games of the year? Their navy blue jerseys are some of the sharpest in the league, and they hardly ever wear them during the season.

I think their white jersey's, blue pants and red sock combo is not anywhere near as good. Plus, they play in a freakin' dome. There should be no excuse for wearing white early in the season, because of heat or sun. Hardly any sun hits the field anyway, when the roof is open.

This is the best i could do to show how they would look with all white, I hope they do dawn this sometime during the year because it looks sharp imo.

sdc-1.jpg

Those look sweet. Death to the blue pants, and god please no navy on navy.

Matching jersey and pant is great but makes the helmet bolt look like its hardly there.

This is the best i could do to show how they would look with all white, I hope they do dawn this sometime during the year because it looks sharp imo.

sdc-1.jpg

Sharp. I hope they wear that, instead of the blue pants, which is the only thing in their set that I absolutely detest.

sdc-1.jpg

Matching jersey and pant is great but makes the helmet bolt look like its hardly there.

I think that's only because of the camera angle in that shot.

sdc-1.jpg

I think that's only because of the camera angle in that shot.

Actually, for me, it's because the jersey and pant have the bolt in a navy blue stripe and the helmet does not. I'd prefer the bolt to be like it is shown on the helmet across the board but if you are going to put it on a navy blue stripe, then I think you have to put it on a blue helmet. Just doesn't have the same presence otherwise.

It is almost an absolute certainty that at some point ths season the Chargers will wear all white and/or all navy. Unless I am mistaken, EVERY team in the NFL that has both white and dark pants has gone monochrome at one point (either all white, all dark, or both.)

I wonder if the Chargers will introduce 'alternate pants' too, like the Titans did last year. IIRC, the Titans became the first team to wear 3 different color pants during the season...they actually wore 7 uniform combos in 16 games!! The Chargers would look cool with powder blue pants, but only with the white jersey.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Actually, for me, it's because the jersey and pant have the bolt in a navy blue stripe and the helmet does not. I'd prefer the bolt to be like it is shown on the helmet across the board but if you are going to put it on a navy blue stripe, then I think you have to put it on a blue helmet. Just doesn't have the same presence otherwise.

I'm with you there. Why can't the bolt just be on a white background with no navy inserts?

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

I just can't wait till the Chargers go to the powder blues full time and ditch the navy.

The new uniform scheme pretty much means they won't be ditching the navy, especially on the road with the navy pants.

Give it time...They can still do it.

The Jags have white away jerseys that have only a faint hint of teal and their homes are all teal so I can atleast dream about the Chargers going powder blue fulltime.

I just can't wait till the Chargers go to the powder blues full time and ditch the navy.

The new uniform scheme pretty much means they won't be ditching the navy, especially on the road with the navy pants.

Give it time...They can still do it.

The Jags have white away jerseys that have only a faint hint of teal and their homes are all teal so I can atleast dream about the Chargers going powder blue fulltime.

With the new set I could see them going columbia blue/white pants with columbia blue stripe at home and white jersey (with navy inserts)/white pants with navy stripe (like the photoshop in this thread) on the road - like the Broncos they would wear two different sets of white pants. I belive the main complaint with going 100% to the columbia blue throwbacks was they (players, owners or maybe both) didn't like the throwback all white set. Also, that would give them some continuity to the past 19 years of the navy set.

I know Pitts isn't a tropical climate, but it's pretty hot up here still and they seem to do fine in black...and so do the Raiders out west (maybe not record wise lately, but temperature wise).

Being that I am from Miami, all I can says is Miami heat and Pitts heat are two different animals. Around kick-off it will be about 96 degrees, and add on the 89+ percent humidity and it will feel like 100 degrees on the field. Once it gets to the end of October/ beginning of November, they usually go back to wearing teal at home.

I know Pitts isn't a tropical climate, but it's pretty hot up here still and they seem to do fine in black...and so do the Raiders out west (maybe not record wise lately, but temperature wise).

Being that I am from Miami, all I can says is Miami heat and Pitts heat are two different animals. Around kick-off it will be about 96 degrees, and add on the 89+ percent humidity and it will feel like 100 degrees on the field. Once it gets to the end of October/ beginning of November, they usually go back to wearing teal at home.

I think the last time the Fins wore their aqua jerseys at home for a day game was against the Jets in 1998...they've worn them at home since but only for night games.

Say...anyone know if the Skins are wearing their throwbacks against the Fins this weekend?

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Archived