SAN DIEGO CHARGERS

S316

It's a good idea. I don't know why more teams don't do that.

What do you mean? I thought most Southern NFL teams did this now.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It's a good idea. I don't know why more teams don't do that.
What do you mean? I thought most Southern NFL teams did this now.
Yeah that was my impression as well...I know Miami, Carolina, Dallas and Tampa Bay do it with some regularity.
So do Philly, Cleveland, Houston, Tennessee, and (still, I think) Arizona.

I'm not sure if there was any word from San Diego about wearing blue (dark or light) for all home games, but white-at-home has been a regular thing for the Chargers in the first few home games.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

The Jets wore white the last time they opened the season at home vs. Cincinnati in 2004...

They open at home vs. NE this year...IDK about white or green though...

I hope they wear white because I hate the Patriots' white set.

The Jets wore white the last time they opened the season at home vs. Cincinnati in 2004...

That made about as much sense as a screen door on a battleship if they were trying for a psychological advantage due to the weather, as both East Rutherford and Cincinnati have pretty much the same weather pattern. :rolleyes:

sig1.gif

That made about as much sense as a screen door on a battleship if they were trying for a psychological advantage due to the weather, as both East Rutherford and Cincinnati have pretty much the same weather pattern. :rolleyes:

I think you meant "screen door on a submarine" :D

I hate this rule so bad. I wish they would just put darks at home for all. That way the alts don't have a problem fitting in. I mean, I know Pitts isn't a tropical climate, but it's pretty hot up here still and they seem to do fine in black...and so do the Raiders out west (maybe not record wise lately, but temperature wise). And what about all the colleges? I remember sometime someone had a stat with the home white records and there really wasn't a difference. I still have yet to hear the press conference where someone says "You know, wearing our navy jerseys was the difference. We were exhausted by halftime and that's why we lost." or "the wind had nothing to do with that interception. He probably just couldn't throw it because of the sweat all over his hands from wearing his red jersey today."

KISSwall09.jpg

I posted this on a Chargers uni thread here when it hit the Union-Tribune last week.

The question is: Are they going to wear their white pants as well?

I doubt it, they will probably stick to the blue pants. Alex Spanos's grandson designed the unis, they're not gonna undercut him first game into the regular season. Eventually I think they may mix them up and try white on white and maybe even (shudder) blue on blue.

I think you meant "screen door on a submarine" :D

Pretty sure he meant to do that, it's a Back to the Future reference.

The Jags usually wear their all whites at home in Sept.

They stopped when Del Rio decided to make Buffalo wear dark in the season opener and the Bills beat the Jags down. He said he thinks there is no difference.

Jags have worn white jerseys for their home opener each of the last two seasons (Seattle in '05, Dallas in '06).

Archived