"Official" 2007 College Football Thread

Drew22

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42-0 Buckeyes over Northwestern with 3 minutes to go in the first half. Thank God. A close game against a team that lost to Duke would have sucked.

I think the best way of assessing the relative quality of the teams is to compare the number of stickers on the OSU helmets vs. the number of stickers on the Northwestern helmets.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

How 'bout Illinois? Am I too excited for a win over Indiana? Yeah. But, hey, we takes what we can gets with Illini Football. And that Syracuse win makes our drubbing of the Orange look that much better. Ballsy prediction: Illinois will reach #24 in the polls this year. They will stay there for one week, then lose and fall out. They will go to a minor Bowl game, and lose.

I'm terrified going into Ann Arbor next week. Absolutely terrified. I've never felt comfortable with Morelli, I hate the fact that Austin Scott will keep getting starts despite the fact that Kinlaw is just a superior RB, that we don't run the spread, nor do we know how to throw the football more than 4 yards down the field at any given time. I'm terrified.

Our defense is our defense. That's not the issue. But they can't limit teams to 10 points every week. Eventually the offense is going to have to be able to really just move the ball--and I just don't have that much confidence in them...

OK, so they scored 14 and not 10. But 10 > 9. God I hate our offense....why must they be so awful? It's just so sad...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

How 'bout Illinois? Am I too excited for a win over Indiana? Yeah. But, hey, we takes what we can gets with Illini Football. And that Syracuse win makes our drubbing of the Orange look that much better. Ballsy prediction: Illinois will reach #24 in the polls this year. They will stay there for one week, then lose and fall out. They will go to a minor Bowl game, and lose.

I'm right there with you. I think we're gonna do some damage, maybe sneak into the polls for a second. I think we'll win the bowl game though.

Well...in the Big XII's annual matchup between two eggshells armed with hammers, the Northern Oklahoma Gunslingers defeat the West Texas Pirate Academy after the second mate had a bad case of butterfingers in the end zone. Final score: 49-45.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Well...in the Big XII's annual matchup between two eggshells armed with hammers, the Northern Oklahoma Gunslingers defeat the West Texas Pirate Academy after the second mate had a bad case of butterfingers in the end zone. Final score: 49-45.

Comparing The Cowpokes to a Q-Ship is an insult to Q-Ships everywhere!

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

42-0 Buckeyes over Northwestern with 3 minutes to go in the first half. Thank God. A close game against a team that lost to Duke would have sucked.

I think the best way of assessing the relative quality of the teams is to compare the number of stickers on the OSU helmets vs. the number of stickers on the Northwestern helmets.

Huh? :blink:

BB52Big.jpg

Wait.

Illinois 41-Syracuse 20

Syracuse 38-Louisville 35

Illinois<Louisville?

I think you need this: >

Today, we are all otaku.

There were a heckuva lot more buckeye leaves on the OSU helmets than Wildcat stickers on the Northwestern helmets.

Today, we are all otaku.

There were a heckuva lot more buckeye leaves on the OSU helmets than Wildcat stickers on the Northwestern helmets.

Yeah there sure were. Duh. Head up my ass on that one. :rolleyes:

BB52Big.jpg

And in the horribly dishonorable losses category...North Dakota State 44, Central Michigan 14.

For those counting...that's 7. ^_^

Tulane is also trailing Southeastern Louisiana at the half.

Today, we are all otaku.

Georgia beats Bammer in OT...26-23

Refresh my memory, what does a black bone helmet sticker stand for?

Today, we are all otaku.

Excellence in academics.

It's a shame more teams don't do that.

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived