"Official" 2007 College Football Thread

Drew22

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Current AP Pole:

Why must people of Polish ethnicity continue to suffer such indignities?

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Is it really that much of a chore to type "I don't know why"?

Not as much as putting in apostrophes. They're the killer.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

The Current AP Pole:

Why must people of Polish ethnicity continue to suffer such indignities?

I didn't intend to offend Poles in any way, shape of form. I was just using an old college football newsgroup reference, the same newsgroup famous for such mispelled gems as:

dumn

idot

acedemic

AFO&U

U$C

NDBC and

Fisherman's Ball

The information page for the group is here. Click on New Users/FAQ to find out what the meanings are.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

yeah I guess Ive been known to be a bit of a dreamer...but idk y reality is missing me i called him last week right after i called home to talk to the folks :P

Is it really that much of a chore to type "I don't know why"?

No, but is there something wrong with shorthand?

brewerssig.jpg

I didn't intend to offend Poles in any way, shape of form. I was just using an old college football newsgroup reference

Regardless of your intent, the Polish-American Association will be demanding answers from you soon enough.

I didn't intend to offend Poles in any way, shape of form. I was just using an old college football newsgroup reference

Regardless of your intent, the Polish-American Association will be demanding answers from you soon enough.

Aww, enough with it pansy. Can't you take an intentional misspelling once in a while?

And with that, I hereby announce that I will not reply to these questions any longer.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

Add Oklahoma State to the "list of teams that have disgraced the Big XII this season."

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Add Oklahoma State to the "list of teams that have disgraced the Big XII this season."

Yes...I'm quoting myself.

OSU is now down by 24 to Troy. Sounds like Baylor may beat someone in Conference this year.

(Don't we have someone here who goes to Troy?)

EDIT: Final: Troy: 41, OSU: 23

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

EARLY UPSET ALERT

Wisconsin, exposed as unable to stop the spread, is in a dogfight with I-AA (or whatever) The Citadel. Look for this one to be in doubt well into the 4th quarter.

Hopefully this upset along with Michigans will get I-A teams to stop playing I-AA teams.

Perhaps my earlier riping of the Big Ten was right on. Cuz head-to-head, the Southern Conference has their number.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Side note, with a score out of Rat's Mouth, Florida, Florida Atlantic currently leads Minnesota 28-14. Man, The Big Ten is not that good.

FYP

Let's be honest. It isn't.

Today, we are all otaku.

As further evidence of the above statement...An Iowa State team that lost to a MAC team and a I-AA team the last two weeks is up 12-0 on Iowa.

Today, we are all otaku.

Yes, the Big Ten is awful. However, Michigan State and Illinois are both leading over two Big East programs (which, in my opinion, is the third best conference behind the Pac 10 and SEC). But as a caveat, Pitt is awful and Syracuse might be the worst college team of them all.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

If anyone is tuned in to the Big Ten network for the Penn St. vs. UB game, could someone please tell me how UB d-lineman brandon flanagan is doing?

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

EARLY UPSET ALERT

Wisconsin, exposed as unable to stop the spread, is in a dogfight with I-AA (or whatever) The Citadel. Look for this one to be in doubt well into the 4th quarter.

Hopefully this upset along with Michigans will get I-A teams to stop playing I-AA teams.

Perhaps my earlier riping of the Big Ten was right on. Cuz head-to-head, the Southern Conference has their number.

Got it together a bit in the second half. But they have been exposed.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Charlie Weis' offensive genius credentials have been officially revoked.

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived