"Official" 2007 College Football Thread

Drew22

IMO, Middle Tennessee is the future of mid-major college football in that they have an offence that is the equal of BCS powers (See: Boise St., Hawai'i, MTSU, etc.) and as a result can trade scores with the big boys, but do not have a corresponding defence like national title contenders have.

Louisville's defence has been known to be suspect already, so it's no surprise a high-powered offence like MTSU will be able to keep up with Louisville.

And you know as well as I do, that Middle Tennessee has played some of the SEC schools rather tough in the past few seasons.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And you know as well as I do, that Middle Tennessee has played some of the SEC schools rather tough in the past few seasons.

Not only that, they do tend to light up Sun Belt defences in conference play too. Thankfully they have a Sun Belt defence, so that evens the playing field.

BTW, 5:38, 3rd Quarter, Louisville 41-35 Middle Tennessee with MTSU driving.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Not only that, they do tend to light up Sun Belt defences in conference play too. Thankfully they have a Sun Belt defence, so that evens the playing field.

BTW, 5:38, 3rd Quarter, Louisville 41-35 Middle Tennessee with MTSU driving.

Make that 48-35 Louisville 2:50 left in the 3rd. The Cardinals are pulling away.

EDIT: Make that 51-35 Cardinals at the end of 3 quarters.

saBS.png

now 58-42 :wacko:

*TILT*

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

EDIT: Make that 51-35 Cardinals at the end of 3 quarters.

now 58-42 :wacko:

Louisville needs to play Hawaii. It would be worth it.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

22747.jpg

My Blue Raiders are making progress as a D1 program using L'ville as the an example to emulate.

I think Coach Stockstill just might be the guy to take them to the next level.

mt-color.gif

But enuf of these "moral victories" quality defeats for the a nice paycheck. As much as I cherish them beating Vanderbilt twice I'm really teady to see a REAL MTSU win against a major D1 Bowl Championship Division team

RobbyBox2.jpg

I just needed somewhere to say that Tech looked really great against ND. The Tech D has got to scare anyone with Tech on their schedule.

Also would liek to congratulate UGA on scheduling a real game this year out of conference. Nice step towards legitimately. Not to mention, beating them!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Lloyd Carr better start looking at the help wanted ads at half time. Oregon is running all over Michigan.

well lets see Ohio St. exposed the secondary last year as did usc now everybody is spreading it out, thats how u exploit mich for FRAUDS!!!!!....oh hennie done for the game, so 0-2 and who would of thought Mich-ND come week 3 would be a pliiow fight!!!!..........we get San Jose St. tonight should be a tight one - for a half, GO KSU!!!!

That's right... So, how 'bout some dap for my Huskies, eh? Come on... Oh, and for you Buckeye fans, here's something to chew on while your team half assed their way past Akron: THIS is how you beat a team!

Well, now I guess there's a lot of people who don't give a damn for the whole state of Michigan.

I can't help but laugh at Michigan.. Oh, how the mighty have fallen... But, as a treat for Michigan fans while they are trying to avoid an 0-3 start next week, They can watch U-Dub show the world how you break a Buckeye in half. :)

What was up with the call in the Texas A+M - Fresno State game??????

That looked like a fumble and touchback to me.

EDIT: Holy crap, now they reverse it on a second challenge as a fumble and touchback, however they call a QB interference call on TAMU. What a wacky game.

saBS.png

That's right... So, how 'bout some dap for my Huskies, eh? Come on... Oh, and for you Buckeye fans, here's something to chew on while your team half assed their way past Akron: THIS is how you beat a team!
Well, now I guess there's a lot of people who don't give a damn for the whole state of Michigan.

I can't help but laugh at Michigan.. Oh, how the mighty have fallen... But, as a treat for Michigan fans while they are trying to avoid an 0-3 start next week, They can watch U-Dub show the world how you break a Buckeye in half. :)

OSU didn't look that good against Youngstown State either. This could indeed be cause for concern. That or the Big Ten is indeed down this year. (As I see Penn State is only up by a touchdown over Notre Dame). Lloyd Carr should resign now, before he is found dead or something this week.

(Still winless since Bo passed away....)

As a Nebraska fan, should I be heartened or worried by the results of today's game at Wake?

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

What was up with the call in the Texas A+M - Fresno State game??????

That looked like a fumble and touchback to me.

EDIT: Holy crap, now they reverse it on a second challenge as a fumble and touchback, however they call a QB interference call on TAMU. What a wacky game.

What conference are the refs from?

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived