"Official" 2007 College Football Thread

Drew22

As further evidence of the above statement...An Iowa State team that lost to a MAC team and a I-AA team the last two weeks is up 12-0 on Iowa.

15-13 Iowa State, final.

So much for a perfect season for the Cyclones....

EDIT-Auburn sucks, too.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UW goes up 7-3 at the end of the first half over OSU. Very, very nice. A few mistakes aside, the Huskies look terrific today.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I want to say that the Irish at this moment have no more than 50 yards of offense at this point.

Notre Dame fired Willingham after three years and for his third year, the team was lightyears better than this Notre Dame team...

This team is absolutely awful. They maaaay have been a little premature on that huge contract for Weis.

IUe6Hvh.png

I want to say that the Irish at this moment have no more than 50 yards of offense at this point.

Notre Dame fired Willingham after three years and for his third year, the team was lightyears better than this Notre Dame team...

This team is absolutely awful. They maaaay have been a little premature on that huge contract for Weis.

They won't be winless though, they do play Duke after all.

LvZYtbZ.png

UW goes up 7-3 at the end of the first half over OSU. Very, very nice. A few mistakes aside, the Huskies look terrific today.

I agree the Huskies look pretty solid but Ohio State has done as much if not more to stop themselves on offense than Washington's defense has. Nice match-up between a couple of 7 to 9 win teams.

BB52Big.jpg

They won't be winless though, they do play Duke after all.

Notre Dame has managed a grand total of 258 yards passing over 2 1/2 games, and a STAGGERING -53 yards on the ground. Maybe Weis' fat arse should start recruiting.

This is an abysmal offense. And I think Duke might beat them.

This is also the year Navy finally beats the Irish.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I agree the Huskies look pretty solid but Ohio State has done as much if not more to stop themselves on offense than Washington's defense has. Nice match-up between a couple of 7 to 9 win teams.

Well that sounds like a bit of managing expectations on your part. OSU is currently ranked 10th in the country. Nine wins for that ranking isn't good enough.

And I disagree -- I think UW is far more guilty of hurting itself than is OSU. The Buckeyes have made some pretty good completions and have had a good running game all day. What's hurt them is the missed field goal attempts and a really bad penalty near the end of the second quarter.

However, this is Jake Locker's coming out party, isn't it? What a good, good player we have.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Florida's up 35-20, almost end of the 3rd.

In a rather strange pseudo-rivalry, McNeese St. comes to UL this evening and Lafayette is coated in Cowboys fans.

I was eating lunch and a woman cracked a smile at me and told me to read her shirt. It said "We don't change our name to feel important." of course, this was an obvious shot toward me and my UL Alumni shirt. Her bravado was rewarded when I replied "Well, your shirt may say that, but at least my alma mater doesn't have 8% of its enrollment consisting of GEDs." A slew of profanities later, she stormed off to her pack of folks clad in blue and yellow, who stared at me until we left. To think what would have happened had I mentioned how McNeese will always be "Lake Charles Junior College" to me. :D

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Well that sounds like a bit of managing expectations on your part. OSU is currently ranked 10th in the country. Nine wins for that ranking isn't good enough.

And I disagree -- I think UW is far more guilty of hurting itself than is OSU. The Buckeyes have made some pretty good completions and have had a good running game all day. What's hurt them is the missed field goal attempts and a really bad penalty near the end of the second quarter.

However, this is Jake Locker's coming out party, isn't it? What a good, good player we have.

I see us losing to Wisconsin, Penn State, and Michigan State is due to :censored: us as they do every so often. That's 9-3 by my count. Add a possible bowl win and that's 10-3. Number 11 team in the nation last year? Three loss Oklahoma. I think my expectations are right on the mark.

Oh and by the way it's 27-7. Scoreboard.

Edit: Oops. Ohio State just scored again make that 33-14. Sorry dsgitlin. :D

BB52Big.jpg

Touchdown Jesus is crying.

And Phil Fulmer is sooo fired.

Today, we are all otaku.

Yeah. That whole second half wasn't fun at all.

Yeah. That whole second half wasn't fun at all.

True but overall things are really looking up for The Huskies. I expected a much closer game. Give Ty another year or two and they'll be back in the mix. Locker is a player. He just needs some more weapons.

BB52Big.jpg

Texas seems to be pulling away, but I'd like to see where it says on Mack Brown's coaching card to go for two when up by eleven.

And Florida 59, Tennessee 20. Can you say "humiliation"?

Today, we are all otaku.

TD UCF!!! 2 pt conversion good!

But the onside kick fails.... Texas 35, UCF 32 final.

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived