"Official" 2007 College Football Thread

Drew22

Illinois beat Wisconsin. They're 5-1 now and 1st place in the Big Ten. This year is looking really good for them. They've been playing great lateley, and if they keep it up can have a shot at the title. Mendenhall had another great game with 3 TD's and is turning into a great player.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fact of the day:

3 of the teams in this week's AP top ten weren't ranked at the beginning of the season, and they've only played five weeks.

Say what you want about the BCS, but teams have the ability to go from low in the rankings (or not in the rankings at all) up to the top during the course of the season.

Fact of the the day:

At least two of those schools won't be there next week. Wisconsin's loss to Illinois and Kentucky's beat down at the hand of the Fighting Gamecocks of the University of South Carolina guarantee that you'll see new names in the top ten when the rankings come out on Sunday. And if Florida loses to LSU, they'll be dropping down also.

Of course, one of the new names you'll be seeing in the top ten on Sunday will be the Fighting Gamecocks of the University of South Carolina. (Go Cocks!)

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Game's not over yet.

And besides, LSU's in a dog fight with an actual contender, the defending national champs.

USC is struggling to beat Stanford. Something ain't right.

...And somehow lost in all the games you all are talking about (and I'm only pointing this out because not many people care about them)...

...Florida State is now 4-1, taking down NC State today. This a week after taking down the Dark Red Elephant Herd.

And in related news, someone else in Tallahassee just got blinded by the bling-blinginess of Chuck Amato's kool-aid smile.

(Damn I think I can see him flashing it from here...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived