"Official" 2007 College Football Thread

Drew22

suddenly a 16 team playoff system instead of the bcs doesn't look too bad does it?

ohio state's gotta pretty tough schedule coming up with #19 Wisconson #18 Illionois and at Michigan, but to this point they haven't played anyone that would warrant a #1 ranking. BC's big win? georgia tech (ranked 15 at the time). also not any wins worthy of a #1 spot. South florida has the most impressive resume so far, but their remaining schedule is pretty damn weak.

Hawaii is still unbeaten, but they'll play a total of ZERO ranked teams. and i hear you Kansas and Arizona state, but as of right now, only kansas has a win against a ranked team but since it was #24 Kansas State, nobody really cares. now if Arizona State can finish its season undefeated (meaning that they'd have to get wins against Cal, @Oregon, AND USC) then they'll be legitimate #1's that even i won't argue against. ...just don't see it happening though.

so who's number one right now?

according to espn's report of the AP poll: Ohio State.

last year, people assumed it was because michigan wasn't in title game. so what are people going to assume when i ask this year: "WHY NOT A PLAYOFF SYSTEM IN DIVISION I (bowl division or whatever they call it now) FOOTBALL?"

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good lord. USF the number 2 team in the country? They've only beaten WVU, right? Good for the program, but I can't see that ranking maintaining. But then again, they're in the driver's seat, aren't they? Beat Louisville, beat the other teams they're supposed to beat, and they're in the BCS title game. Simply incredible.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Since this college footbal season has been absolutely nuts, I did some mathematical calculations to figure out what will likely be the Final BCS Top 25 will look like. Here's what I came up with:

1. University of South Florida

2. Akron

3. Utah State University

4. North Texas University

5. Vanderbilt

6. Toledo

7. Kent State

8. Florida Atlantic University

9. Ball State University

10. New Mexico

11. Army

12. Rice

13. Tulane

14. Alabama-Birmingham

15. UConn

16. Baylor

17. Duke

18. Rhode Island State

19. Northwestern

20. Iowa State

21. Western Kentucky

22. Buffalo

23. Temple

24. Florida International University

25. North Carolina

#18 Rhode Island State doesn't exist yet but in two weeks they will build the school and field their first football team. According to the BCS they should then automatically be ranked #18.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Good lord. USF the number 2 team in the country? They've only beaten WVU, right? Good for the program, but I can't see that ranking maintaining. But then again, they're in the driver's seat, aren't they? Beat Louisville, beat the other teams they're supposed to beat, and they're in the BCS title game. Simply incredible.

They also beat Auburn...AT Auburn. Who then went on to beat Florida. Who almost beat LSU. Who just lost to Kentucky.

Which I guess sorta kinda discredits the point I'm trying to make here... ^_^

We'll find out something when USF plays Rutgers. Louisville got exposed early in the year, so I ain't putting no weight on that.

My thing is this: this is already one of the most unusual college FB seasons in recent memory...if not in history period. Why wouldn't an 11-year-old Big East program be able and/or entitled to, not to mention WIN, a BCS title game?

Just saying... :D

Hell...it's possible USF might just be the best collegiate team in the whole state of Florida. And that's saying something. And before anyone thinks I'm high off hemp up in here for saying that...I AM A FLORIDIAN. So that ain't exactly easy to say.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Here are the BCS Standings:

1. Ohio State

2. South Florida

3. Boston College

4. LSU

5. Oklahoma

It should be noted that in the computers (you know the unbiased component that doesn't take into consideration past year and a school's history) South Florida has a perfect 1.000 average.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/7333242

My memory isn't too keen, but has a school ever had a perfect CPU rating before USF?

1. Ohio State

2. South Florida

3. Boston College

4. LSU

5. Oklahoma

It should be noted that in the computers (you know the unbiased component that doesn't take into consideration past year and a school's history) South Florida has a perfect 1.000 average.

For people to whine and complain about USF being highly ranked or #1 just because their history isn't long enough is ludicrous. Who cares if they started the program not that long ago, if that football team is that good and they play in a decent conference, and have beaten more than one quality football team, they should be #1. The computers got it right, the pollsters are still in a "Well, historically speaking," mode.

1. Ohio State

2. South Florida

3. Boston College

4. LSU

5. Oklahoma

My memory isn't too keen, but has a school ever had a perfect CPU rating before USF?

Beats me but I would assume that a lone undefeated team in the final rankings would have a perfect rating.

1. Ohio State

2. South Florida

3. Boston College

4. LSU

5. Oklahoma

For people to whine and complain about USF being highly ranked or #1 just because their history isn't long enough is ludicrous. Who cares if they started the program not that long ago, if that football team is that good and they play in a decent conference, and have beaten more than one quality football team, they should be #1. The computers got it right, the pollsters are still in a "Well, historically speaking," mode.

Thank you for not being the stereotypical gray haired traditionalist that still thinks Notre Dame is a good team.. :P

Damn, Mizzou should of beat OU. They just beat themselves in the fourth.

Even with the loss I'm not overly disappointed. We played a really good team in their place, and lost by only 10, and it should of been closer, or even the other way around. The botched hand off killed us. O well, we'll get our revenge in the Big 12 Championship game :D

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

1. Ohio State

2. South Florida

3. Boston College

4. LSU

5. Oklahoma

Thank you for not being the stereotypical gray haired traditionalist that still thinks Notre Dame is a good team.. :P

People still think Notre Dame is good??? :P

Funny. BTW, how's Tampa these days, AstroBull? (Guess I can expand that question to all USF students/alumni on these boards.) Must be some super-exciting times around that campus. And to think, I came thisclose to going to school there. But naw...I HAD to move up here to $#*!sburgh. Hah...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1. Ohio State

2. South Florida

3. Boston College

4. LSU

5. Oklahoma

If Notre Dame miraculously beats USC next week, continues their streak over Navy, and somehow beats Air Force, you will see the first 3-6 Top 25 team in college football, or at least get votes for the Top 25. Seriously, I would not put it over some reporters to give them votes. :P

Seriously, people just hold out hope for teams like Notre Dame, they figure that the ghosts of the past will come through and save the day. Well, call me Pedro Martinez ("I'd drill the Bambino in the ass.") but that's BS to me.

1. Ohio State

2. South Florida

3. Boston College

4. LSU

5. Oklahoma

Funny. BTW, how's Tampa these days, AstroBull? (Guess I can expand that question to all USF students/alumni on these boards.) Must be some super-exciting times around that campus. And to think, I came thisclose to going to school there. But naw...I HAD to move up here to $#*!sburgh. Hah...

I can't really comment on how campus life is, I transferred to a smaller school in the Tampa Bay area 2 years ago. From what I can tell, it's going pretty well. Maybe someone else can give a clarification of how it is on campus.

Yeah, but they're the no.2 team in the country. It looks like the pollsters are exactly right. I think the only team with a legitimate grip about now is the ASU Sun Devils.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

suddenly a 16 team playoff system instead of the bcs doesn't look too bad does it?

ohio state's gotta pretty tough schedule coming up with #19 Wisconson #18 Illionois and at Michigan, but to this point they haven't played anyone that would warrant a #1 ranking. BC's big win? georgia tech (ranked 15 at the time). also not any wins worthy of a #1 spot. South florida has the most impressive resume so far, but their remaining schedule is pretty damn weak.

Hawaii is still unbeaten, but they'll play a total of ZERO ranked teams. and i hear you Kansas and Arizona state, but as of right now, only kansas has a win against a ranked team but since it was #24 Kansas State, nobody really cares. now if Arizona State can finish its season undefeated (meaning that they'd have to get wins against Cal, @Oregon, AND USC) then they'll be legitimate #1's that even i won't argue against. ...just don't see it happening though.

so who's number one right now?

according to espn's report of the AP poll: Ohio State.

last year, people assumed it was because michigan wasn't in title game. so what are people going to assume when i ask this year: "WHY NOT A PLAYOFF SYSTEM IN DIVISION I (bowl division or whatever they call it now) FOOTBALL?"

Just curious. Who has beaten anyone this season? I mean every big win suddenly looks not so big the following week.

Also for all the whining that's sure to follow this week's poll let me apologize now for my alma mater having the unmitigated gall to allow themselves to be ranked number one. As soon as I am done here I am going to fire off an email to Jim Tressel and beg him to decline Ohio State's ranking in the polls. I mean all we've done is win every game on our schedule so far. Excuse the :censored: out of us. How dare we not step aside and let the truly deserving teams move back up where they belong.

That felt good. :P

Carry on with the Buckeye bashing. All I can say is the view is always good from the top. Bring on The Bulls!

BB52Big.jpg

I wont lie, I am more than dissapointed at where the AP poll has ASU right now. I simply don't see how you justify having an undefeated team outside the top 10. The BCS has it closer but I think 8 is a little low too. Regardless, like said, we haven't played that top tier team yet. The Devils future is in their hands though. If the continue to win they will eventually be in that top spot. And to be honest that is all you can ask for.

Oh and SeaDragon,

*sigh*

Screw the Sun Dorks. I just think the schedule is finally getting to U-Dub. They still have to play Oregon and Cal and Hawaii. I knew it would be a long season... Meh.

The Sun Dorks? You are going to go with that one? Really? I mean you could of gone with something like "Scum Devils". But the Sun Dorks? That's just sad. But don't feel too bad, if my team got worked like yours did last night, I wouldn't be on my 'A' game either.

PopHeading-1.gif

Archived