"Official" 2007 College Football Thread

Drew22

so does Weis get fired this year or next year?

Neither...it's too expensive to fire him. (Heeey...that extension looks really good now.) :P

i was thinking that. so how many years do they have to deal with Weis, before they can afford to fire him?

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so does Weis get fired this year or next year?

Neither...it's too expensive to fire him. (Heeey...that extension looks really good now.) :P

i was thinking that. so how many years do they have to deal with Weis, before they can afford to fire him?

His extension was reportedly worth $30-40 million, so probably 5-6 years.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

New BCS Standings?

1.Ohio St.

2.LSU

3.Oregon

4.Oklahoma

5.Kansas

6.WVU

7.Missouri

8.Boston College

9.Arizona St

10.VT

UB lost to Miami(OH) so they need to win out, and have Miami lose a game to get to the MAC title game. :(

saBS.png

New BCS Standings?

1.Ohio St.

2.LSU

3.Oregon

4.Oklahoma

5.Kansas

6.WVU

7.Missouri

8.Boston College

9.Arizona St

10.VT

UB lost to Miami(OH) so they need to win out, and have Miami lose a game to get to the MAC title game. :(

Swap out BC and plug in Connecticut. Or...upon quick reflection...Connecticut is 8, BC is 10, and Va Tech stays out.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

New BCS Standings?

1.Ohio St.

2.LSU

3.Oregon

4.Oklahoma

5.Kansas

6.WVU

7.Missouri

8.Boston College

9.Arizona St

10.VT

What about Georgia? They were 10 this week.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

New BCS Standings?

1.Ohio St.

2.LSU

3.Oregon

4.Oklahoma

5.Kansas

6.WVU

7.Missouri

8.Boston College

9.Arizona St

10.VT

I don't see how Oklahoma could even be ahead of Kansas. Why? Common foes. Kansas beat Colorado, a team Oklahoma lost to.

Here is how I see the BCS Standings.

1. Ohio State

2. LSU

3. Oregon

4. Kansas

5. Oklahoma

6. West Virginia

7. Missouri

8. Georgia

9. Virginia Tech

10. UConn

i can't believe my Eagles lost!

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Latest BCS top 10:

1. Ohio State (Big Ten)
  2. LSU (Southeastern)
  3. Oregon (Pacific-10)
  4. Kansas (Big XII)
  5. Oklahoma (Big XII)
  6. Missouri (Big XII)
  7. West Virginia (Big East)
  8. Boston College (Atlantic Coast)
  9. Arizona State (Pacific-10)
  10. Georgia (Southeastern)

I guess the Big XII wasn't as weak as most of us thought. Who would have thought the Kansas-Missouri game would hold such significance. Also, Hawaii dropped two spots to 16th in the standings, falling below Florida. The computers do not have Hawaii in their aggregate top 25. Finally, I'm sorry, but with the way LSU keeps sleepwalking to victories against vastly overrated SEC teams, I think Oregon belongs in the #2 slot.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Starting off with conference leaders...

ACC leader is #8 Boston College, as they are higher ranked in the BCS than #11 Virginia Tech and #19 Virginia.

Big East leader is #13 Connecticut, the only team unbeaten in the Big East.

Big Ten leader is #1 Ohio State, as they have a better full-schedule record than #12 Michigan.

Big XII leader is #4 Kansas, the only team unbeaten in the Big XII.

Pac-10 leader is #3 Oregon, via head to head over #9 Arizona State.

SEC leader is #2 Louisiana State, the only one-loss team in the SEC.

Our pool of eligible at-large teams are #5 Oklahoma, #6 Missouri, #7 West Virginia, #9 Arizona State, #10 Georgia, #11 Virginia Tech, #12 Michigan, and #14 Texas.

Obviously, we must take #1 Ohio State and #2 Louisiana State for the National Championship Game.

By contractual obligation, #3 Oregon goes to the Rose Bowl, #4 Kansas goes to the Fiesta Bowl, and #8 Boston College goes to the Orange Bowl.

The Rose Bowl gets the first selection of at-larges, as compensation for losing #1 Ohio State to the NCG. Since there's a Big Ten team eligible for selection, the Rose Bowl would take #12 Michigan.

The Sugar Bowl gets the next selection, as compensation for losing #2 Louisiana State. We'll take the next best team, #5 Oklahoma.

Next, the Orange Bowl. The next best team would be #6 Missouri but they are now ineligible given that we have two teams from the Big XII already. Next best is #7 West Virginia.

The Fiesta Bowl has the next selection, and would most likely take the hometown #9 Arizona State.

Finally, the Sugar Bowl would be required to take #13 Connecticut, as they are required to be selected by some BCS bowl.

In review:

Rose: #3 Oregon (Pac-10 Leader) v #12 Michigan (At-Large)

Sugar: #5 Oklahoma (At-Large) v #13 Connecticut (Big East Leader)

Fiesta: #4 Kansas (Big XII Leader) v #9 Arizona State (At-Large)

Orange: #8 Boston College (ACC Leader) v #7 West Virginia (At-Large)

NCG: #1 Ohio State (Big Ten Leader) v #2 Louisiana State (SEC Leader)

LvZYtbZ.png

i can't believe my Eagles lost!

It was bound to happen soon enough. They'll still be in a decent bowl game, bigger bowls then the ones they usually are in. Unless they lose a few more games.

I'm absolutely shocked though that UConn is where they're at. I'm not sure if they were supposed to be good as they are, since I don't follow them too much. It was a nice surprise.

I was hoping that ULM would beat Middle Tennessee last night. If that happened, that would have helped us a lot in securing the conference championship.

Speaking of Troy.....

What's up with their offensive play-calling? They run a no-huddle, get semi-set, then like 8-9 guys stand up and look to the sideline, then get set, then run the play.....that's very unorthodox.

Troy's a pretty good team. If they had any sort of depth on defense, they could pull a couple upsets on the big schools.

The Rose Bowl gets the first selection of at-larges, as compensation for losing #1 Ohio State to the NCG. Since there's a Big Ten team eligible for selection, the Rose Bowl would take #12 Michigan.

The Sugar Bowl gets the next selection, as compensation for losing #2 Louisiana State. We'll take the next best team, #5 Oklahoma.

By that logic, wouldn't the Sugar Bowl take a qualified SEC team?

But it's way too early for me to care about the BCS.....UGA needs to win out, and have Tennessee lose one of their remaining games, then earn the trip to New Orleans by winning the SEC title.

Latest BCS top 10:
  1. Ohio State (Big Ten)
  2. LSU (Southeastern)
  3. Oregon (Pacific-10)
  4. Kansas (Big XII)
  5. Oklahoma (Big XII)
  6. Missouri (Big XII)
  7. West Virginia (Big East)
  8. Boston College (Atlantic Coast)
  9. Arizona State (Pacific-10)
  10. Georgia (Southeastern)

I guess the Big XII wasn't as weak as most of us thought. Who would have thought the Kansas-Missouri game would hold such significance. Also, Hawaii dropped two spots to 16th in the standings, falling below Florida. The computers do not have Hawaii in their aggregate top 25. Finally, I'm sorry, but with the way LSU keeps sleepwalking to victories against vastly overrated SEC teams, I think Oregon belongs in the #2 slot.

(long time no post...)

wow, who woulda thought the big XII would have 3 teams in the top 10 this late... much less even two teams from the North, the division that usually backs into the conference title game on the last weekend of the year.

as for notre dame... honestly, are ANY of you surprised? let's be serious for a minute. i love notre dame, i'm a true fan. i know they blow this year, but i've been to 4 games because i still love the experience. did i think they could've won yesterday? sure... against southern cal? hell no. why was notre dame favored by 3 1/2 too? all i want to say about the navy game is that despite notre dame losing and all this garbage with the streak... it was seriously one of the best games i've seen in that stadium, but still very hard to top the 1999 game against USC and a 21 point second half comeback. i love watching the service academies and seeing the servicemen and women come to south bend. having them on campus is an honor and they are sure as hell a lot more classy than several schools that travel to notre dame.

Anchors Aweigh, Middies... Good Game, NAVY.

quinn_samardzija_sig.jpg

But it's way too early for me to care about the BCS.....UGA needs to win out, and have Tennessee lose one of their remaining games, then earn the trip to New Orleans by winning the SEC title.

Here's the thing. Nothing against Georgia, but we both know that the Rose Bowl would kill to get the Big Ten/Pac-10 matchup.

That having been said, I suspect that Oklahoma would draw just as many fans as Georgia would.

LvZYtbZ.png

Here's the thing. Nothing against Georgia, but we both know that the Rose Bowl would kill to get the Big Ten/Pac-10 matchup.

That having been said, I suspect that Oklahoma would draw just as many fans as Georgia would.

The Sugar Bowl would kill to have an SEC representative if the SEC champion is playing in the National Championship game, regardless of which SEC team it is. Oklahoma would draw in just as many fans, but the Sugar cares about tradition just as much as the Rose Bowl.

But the Big XII will settle itself out: the Kansas-Missouri game will produce a loser, as well as the Big XII title game. They won't have 3 teams in the BCS top 6 at the end of the season.

The Sugar Bowl would kill to have an SEC representative if the SEC champion is playing in the National Championship game, regardless of which SEC team it is. Oklahoma would draw in just as many fans, but the Sugar cares about tradition just as much as the Rose Bowl.

But the Big XII will settle itself out: the Kansas-Missouri game will produce a loser, as well as the Big XII title game. They won't have 3 teams in the BCS top 6 at the end of the season.

Okay, if that's the case, then you send Georgia to Sugar, Oklahoma gets bumped to Orange, I assume, and the question remains to whether the Fiesta would take the hometown Sun Devils over West Virginia.

LvZYtbZ.png

Archived