"Official" 2007 College Football Thread

Drew22

Anybody see the player bitten by a police K9 during the Alabama-Auburn game? That was bizarre.

Damn. That was some craziness right there.

I liked the flashback to when UGA tried to get the Auburn guy.

Meanwhile, Georgia Tech fired Chan Gailey. Not surprised, its been speculated for weeks.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/foot...y.ap/index.html

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can somebody please wait until the regular season ends to put the coaching carousel on "turbo"? :wacko:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

What changes if we have a playoff? This does. The argument shifts from Ohio State, Missouri, and West Virginia, to Wisconsin, Illinois, Virginia, Hawaii, BYU, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas, etc. It doesn't solve the problem it simply changes the focus of the same old argument. Basketball allows 65 teams in the tournament and there are still arguments every year over who got snubbed.

You can come up with a much better argument for a playoff than "it will end a debate."

:EDITED for comedy:

that a challenge? :P

stinkoman.PNG

You know what? I'll never admit it but you people are actually beginning to change my view of a playoff. I don't know if you're just wearing me down or what. I'm still not crazy about the idea but I have to admit it does have some merit. This season has made a pretty good case for a playoff. Not that I'd ever admit such thoughts publicly. B)

BB52Big.jpg

Can somebody please wait until the regular season ends to put the coaching carousel on "turbo"? :wacko:

And miss the opportunity to hire a retread NFL coach or the next hot coordinator? Screw that!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Washington State just axed Bill Doba.

This is what happens when you screw with U-Dub, dammit!

It pains me to see the Apple Cup in the hands of those grimy, stinky, worthless farmers on the Palouse. Hell, I bet you some bottom feeding piece of crap that was created because someone's son and daughter got drunk in the back seat of the son's car and thought that they were good enough to rock each other's worlds is using the Apple Cup as a damn toilet.

*shudders*

It pains me to see the Apple Cup in the hands of those grimy, stinky, worthless farmers on the Palouse. Hell, I bet you some bottom feeding piece of crap that was created because someone's son and daughter got drunk in the back seat of the son's car and thought that they were good enough to rock each other's worlds is using the Apple Cup as a damn toilet.

*shudders*

Did you go to UW? Have you ever been to Seattle? The way you internalize these schools and their rivalry is kind of weird.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

According to Mike & Mike:

Houston Nutt is now the coach at Ole Miss.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

*shudders*

Did you go to UW? Have you ever been to Seattle? The way you internalize these schools and their rivalry is kind of weird.

No, and no. But, it's a rivalry game. If it was some other team, I would of just not bothered to say anything.

As for that internalize comment: You forget that I was born in Washington State. I feel that it's part of my blood to root for for Washington. I can change, but it would take either some massive brainwashing or an 0-12 season.

*shudders*

No, and no. But, it's a rivalry game. If it was some other team, I would of just not bothered to say anything.

As for that internalize comment: You forget that I was born in Washington State. I feel that it's part of my blood to root for for Washington. I can change, but it would take either some massive brainwashing or an 0-12 season.

Why does you blood tell you UDub and not Wazzou?

OOOOOH--WEEEEE! Boss Hawg is back! At least 3 more years of that crazy bastard.

Well...Mississippi-Arkansas just grew interesting.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

There has been talk of matching Oklahoma against Kansas in the Fiesta Bowl (If things fall right) because they didn't play each other this year in the Big 12. But having teams from ther same conference playing each other just doesn't seem right.

Unless it brings in huge ratings and lots of $$$$$$$$.

OOOOOH--WEEEEE! Boss Hawg is back! At least 3 more years of that crazy bastard.

Well...Mississippi-Arkansas just grew interesting.

And now I'm starting to value the time that MSU has with the Egg Bowl...why did Ole Miss have to go and be competent all of a sudden?

Part of it is because I was born on the Western side of the state (It's common knowledge/traditional myth that if you were born on one side, you root for that side. Doesn't make sense, but eh. Never bothered me).

Also, Washington has the winning tradition while Washington State has always been an afterthought in the College Football landscape. Isn't it the same way with you when it comes to Alabama-Auburn, fiji?

Part of it is because I was born on the Western side of the state (It's common knowledge/traditional myth that if you were born on one side, you root for that side. Doesn't make sense, but eh. Never bothered me).

Also, Washington has the winning tradition while Washington State has always been an afterthought in the College Football landscape. Isn't it the same way with you when it comes to Alabama-Auburn, fiji?

Actually, No.

In most cases you're an Auburn fan because you went to Auburn or had family that went to Auburn.

Personally, I'm a fourth generation Auburn grad.

And as for one team being an "afterthought" in college football. Most Auburn fans look down on fair weather side walk alum 'bama fans. Fans who never went to the school (and some who have never even set foot on the campus) but just root for Alabama because they live in Alabama and were brainwashed with "the bear" and "12" and etc. Most of the obnoxious and embarrassing Auburn/Alabama fans didn't even go to the school.

Archived