San Francisco Gigantes?

nwtrailtrekker

Was there any specific reason for the Giants wearing the Gigantes uniforms on Friday against the Dodgers?

And by the way, I had to laugh. Both teams wore Spanish words on their uniforms -- the Dodgers wearing their road Los Angeles uniforms.

Was there any specific reason for the Giants wearing the Gigantes uniforms on Friday against the Dodgers?

And by the way, I had to laugh. Both teams wore Spanish words on their uniforms -- the Dodgers wearing their road Los Angeles uniforms.

That happens pretty often, when the Dodgers play the Padres at Petco.

I thought the Giants only wore the Gigantes once a year, I'd also like to know why they're doing it tonight, could it have something to do with September being National Hispanic Heritage month (I think) or something...

Edit: Oh and also when the Giants play the Padres at Petco, and when Colorado (which actually means Red) play the Padres at Petco. Cant really think of any other instances...

14ilxq9.png

I thought the Giants only wore the Gigantes once a year, I'd also like to know why they're doing it tonight, could it have something to do with September being National Hispanic Heritage month (I think) or something...

Edit: Oh and also when the Giants play the Padres at Petco, and when Colorado (which actually means Red) play the Padres at Petco. Cant really think of any other instances...

There's also Florida and Texas......

espnsig.gif

texas would be Tejas.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

texas would be Tejas.

They should have had that instead of "Los Rangers"

14ilxq9.png

texas would be Tejas.

They should have had that instead of "Los Rangers"

yeah its not like any one would notice anyway. btw, how long before we get Los Yankees? or as i say, Lost Yankees. :P

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Colorado (which actually means Red)

Actually, the Spanish word for red is "rojo".

According to Babelfish, at least, "colorado" translates as "colored." :blink:

I'm pretty sure I've had more experience with spanish than Babelfish. Rojo is the word for red that is more commonly used but Colorado also means red. The best example I can think of is famed Mexican superhero El Chapulin Colorado which literally translates to the red grasshopper".

Colorado does not translate to "colored" the correct term for colored is coloreado.

Oh and then theres this from wikipedia's Colorado disambiguation page:

Colorado is a Spanish word meaning "red". It is also a Spanish surname

14ilxq9.png

I'm pretty sure I've had more experience with spanish than Babelfish. Rojo is the word for red that is more commonly used but Colorado also means red. The best example I can think of is famed Mexican superhero El Chapulin Colorado which literally translates to the red grasshopper".

Colorado does not translate to "colored" the correct term for colored is coloreado.

Fair 'nuff, my experience with Spanish pretty much starts with "Sesame Street" when I was a kid and ends with my kid watching "Dora The Explorer".

Fair 'nuff, my experience with Spanish pretty much starts with "Sesame Street" when I was a kid and ends with my kid watching "Dora The Explorer".

Mine, too. I was thinking "rojo" as I was reading along. I'm going to have to have words with the PBS and Nick Jr. people.

Most Liked Content of the DayΒ -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017Β  Β  Β /////Β  Β  Β Β Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005Β Β πŸ™ƒ

Just as an aside, talk about a cultural downgrade....

Yeah, Sesame Street's really gone downhill. At least Dora's been consistently annoying the entire time.

Just as an aside, talk about a cultural downgrade....

Would you have rather him end that sentence with: "..and ends with Taco Bell Value Menu?"

Because THAT is unfortuantely what many people might say these days.

Archived