Official 2007 NFL season thread

tBBP

Annnd Gus Frerotte throws interception #3 as I redouble my efforts to force choke Incognito after stupid costly penalty #4.

EDIT-Oh, and the Rams radio callers have gone insane on the air. It's kind of funny, actually.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate this team. 5 turnovers, and only 13 points to show for it. And our O-Line knew they were overmatched against the Titans D-Line (one of the best in the league), so they turned into turnstiles. Our D did the job, I put this loss ENTIRELY on the offense. Piss-poor effort.

The Falcons are going to be the death of me. If you're watching the game, you'll know why.

Im looking at the game stats and heard the end on the internet yikes, I guess Joey Harrington's career as a concert pianist is about to begin.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I hate this team. 5 turnovers, and only 13 points to show for it. And our O-Line knew they were overmatched against the Titans D-Line (one of the best in the league), so they turned into turnstiles. Our D did the job, I put this loss ENTIRELY on the offense. Piss-poor effort.

Warrick Dunn makes a Herculean effort to get the ball to the 1 and they can't do a damn thing from there.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

That was the ONLY time that the run game did something decent, and even still Dunn had to beat off everybody with a stick to get to the 1 since the line STILL didn't block. Then, of course, Haynesworth bursts through the nonexistant offensive line and we get backed up to the 8 or 9.

Not counting a fake punt run for 49 yards, the Falcons ran for 50 yards. No help AT ALL from the offensive line. Missed 3 FGs, but if we could move the damn ball at least a couple of more yards then we could have at least hit 2 of those, been down by 1 at the time of Dunn's play, and won the game with a FG in that situation. Ugh. This really is the most unreliable team in the NFL. Once again, if you had told me that Vince Young would throw 3 INTs, get 5 turnovers, and hold the Titans to 249 yards overall, I'd be celebrating because that means we got a win. But this team just defies logic. It's unreal.

New Saints mascot...

consciouschokingadultstep1_L.jpg

I guess the next Visa Check card will feature Saints fans tossing their merchandise aside and wearing the bags as they march into the dome.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Flame, why the hell did we actually think the Falcons had a chance? Man, I thought they had a shot with Harrington.

Idk. Harrington was also awful as well. He got rattled early and basically pitched the tent.

Leftwich was also rusty as hell, did he actually throw any balls in practice? He had Robinson WIDE OPEN in the endzone, and skied it into the 2nd deck.

Flame, why the hell did we actually think the Falcons had a chance? Man, I thought they had a shot with Harrington.

Idk. Harrington was also awful as well. He got rattled early and basically pitched the tent.

Leftwich was also rusty as hell, did he actually throw any balls in practice? He had Robinson WIDE OPEN in the endzone, and skied it into the 2nd deck.

Well, we should to go 3-13. We have to beat the 'Aints.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Big Dead wins 34-31. Warner always did do well in the Edward Jones Dome.... :mad:

OK...did anyone else see the end of the Browns-Patriots game? Because right now I think Mike Vrabel or some other Patriots player (didn't see a number or nameplate to be sure), is a major league douche for cheap shotting/attempting to injure Derek Anderson after he spiked the ball to stop the clock.

Anybody wish to clarify? Infrared? One of the legion of Patriots fans?

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Well, we should to go 3-13. We have to beat the 'Aints.

Yeah, that's really the only thing that's giving me hope right now. The Saints are no good this year.

But still, normally the Saints losing will take the sting out of the Falcons losing. Not this week, especially with the way the Falcons played. The Titans gave them every chance to win that game, but we were like "Nah, we're cool." -sigh-

Many people said the Saints were way overrated, that last year they rode the emotional wave off Katrina. I couldn't have disagreed more, but looking at this season objectively, it sure looks like they were right and I was wrong.

But if they can beat anybody, it may be the Falcons. That wasn't Byron Leftwich BTW, he was kidnapped and they just dressed Wayne Gandy up in his uniform. :D

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Many people said the Saints were way overrated, that last year they rode the emotional wave off Katrina. I couldn't have disagreed more, but looking at this season objectively, it sure looks like they were right and I was wrong.

But if they can beat anybody, it may be the Falcons. That wasn't Byron Leftwich BTW, he was kidnapped and they just dressed Wayne Gandy up in his uniform. :D

Wait...so Leftwich and Gandy switched places today?

So THAT would explain the injury to the guy who was wearing Wayne Gandy's uniform today!!! :D

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

OK...did anyone else see the end of the Browns-Patriots game? Because right now I think Mike Vrabel or some other Patriots player (didn't see a number or nameplate to be sure), is a major league douche for cheap shotting/attempting to injure Derek Anderson after he spiked the ball to stop the clock.

He went for the ball.

He went for the ball.

On a spike?

Today, we are all otaku.

Alright, the game ended around 4-something, and it's 5:37 right now. I am STILL pissed off about that game, just because the Titans did everything they could to lose the game, but the Falcons did nothing at all to win it. 5 turnovers, and the only two people who scored were DeAngelo Hall and Morten Andersen. The offense did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. The defense played one of their best games I've seen them play, and they get no help. Playcalling was atrocious, putting in Leftwich was wrong, Harrington got rattled and was basically done for the day, and the offensive line turned into turnstiles. The special teams were special, and the defense locked down VY and the rest of the Titans. I mean come on, DeMorrio Williams TACKLED THE PUNTER BEFORE HE COULD PUNT! Awesome game from those two units, but the offense was so horrible that it just killed everything. Now I will give credit where credit is due, the Titans defense is SCARY. Tennessee's going to be a really good team this year. But dammit, they gave us every chance to win the game, and the offense blew it. This always happens, Week 2 it was Prater, Week 3 it was Hall, and Week 4 it was the entire offense. The only week where we just got BEAT was week 1, every other loss has been a situation where the rest of the team plays great, but one person (or in this case, an entire unit) just destroyed everything. UGHGHGHHGHGHGHGHGHHghhh.

He went for the ball.

On a spike?

Oh, that's just the Patriots and their "hustle."

Archived