Official 2007 NFL season thread

tBBP

Couldn't execute... *Puts out an Bull! Alarm for that comment*

You know that game was skewed towards the Stealers. Everyone knows that.. don't try to blame the poor execution, bucco.

Anyway, this time revenge is theirs. There will be no biased refs, no biased commentators, no bias period. Seattle is going in to the Big Ketchup Bottle and stomp the hell out of them for that debacle.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rams finally end their TD drought.

They also seem to be showing some life on offense.

Kurt Warner has entered the game and has the Cardinals offense playing well, though...

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Couldn't execute... *Puts out an Bull! Alarm for that comment*

You know that game was skewed towards the Stealers. Everyone knows that.. don't try to blame the poor execution, bucco.

Anyway, this time revenge is theirs. There will be no biased refs, no biased commentators, no bias period. Seattle is going in to the Big Ketchup Bottle and stomp the hell out of them for that debacle.

WHO YOU TELLIN'? You forget one thing, my friend...I LIVE in Pittsburgh. But I ain't FROM here. I KNOW the tilt was towards the Steelers.

I knew when I was in Detroit the week before SBXL the game would be skewered towards Pittsburgh, when Detroit essentially turned into Pittsburgh west (or at least further west than where Pittsburgh is), you know, with the game being Jerome Bettis' curtain call and all. (Lost in all that hype: Larry Foote is also a Detroit native...but he got no pub about that.) That storyline would have been entirely too great to mess up. And yes, the 'Hawks got a lot of BS flags thrown at then during that game.

HOWEVER, that being said, I watched the whole game and took note of Seattle's game plan. Had they simply executed better (i.e. CAUGHT some balls--and I'm talking about one player in particular whose name need not be mentioned, for the sake of sanity in Seattle *COUGH--Jerramy Stevena--COUGH COUGH*), they would have had that game. They DID outplay the Steelers; however, Pittsburgh won the game on the strength of two BIG plays...Willie Parker's long TD run and that nice little option pass to Hines Ward for a TD (you know--the one where he skipped into the end zone like a little girl). No doubt the refs helped push that game into the Steelers' favor. BUT...even with that, Seattle STILL had chances to win that game, and, quite literally, "dropped the ball" on several occasions.

And with all that being said, 7-0 Pittsburgh in the 2nd quarter. And a little while ago, Deion Branch was caught by a TV camera jawing at several Steeler fans in the stands.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Bad Joshua! Bad!

*smacks monitor*

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Today's injuries: Trent Green (again), David Carr, Matt Leinart went to the locker room

Oh...and since when do you call kicking the football at that juncture?! (Bull :censored: penalty...that just gave Arizona the lead as the half expired).

EDIT: Lienart has a broken collarbone.

Today, we are all otaku.

Poor Trent Green...dude has just done had some of the worst injury luck ever. I mean, from going to St. Louis to lead that franchise, only to have his knee tore up, to having a Cincy defender try to drive his head through the dirt into China somewhere...and now getting kneed in the head trying to throw a block.

I really do kinda feel for the guy. But now the question becomes: who QB's the Dolphins now? What's that cat's name from BYU they drafted? Or is-dare I say it-Cleo Lemon still around???

In unrelated news...14-0 Pittsburgh at 4:43 left in the 3rd quarter. Seattle would do good to display some semblence of an offense here sometime before the clock zeroes out in the 4th quarter.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

I really do kinda feel for the guy. But now the question becomes: who QB's the Dolphins now? What's that cat's name from BYU they drafted? Or is-dare I say it-Cleo Lemon still around???

Stat tracker seems to indicate that Lemon's playing, but I may be mistaken.

Today, we are all otaku.

Just heard on the FOX GameBreak that the Cardinals-Rams game is BLACKED OUT in St. Louis.

St. Louisians...any truth to that? Because the team is actually scoring some touchdowns now.

Just heard on the FOX GameBreak that the Cardinals-Rams game is BLACKED OUT in St. Louis.

St. Louisians...any truth to that? Because the team is actually scoring some touchdowns now.

Yup, she's blacked out. And the stadium doesn't sound that loud either. Greatest sports fans in the world my arse...

As I stated in another thread, they only "sold out" their first two home games because kind corporate sponsors bought up the remaining tickets. I don't predict an honest sell out until Green Bay comes to town.

And I'm attempting to "force strangle" Richie Incognito right now... <_<

And McMichael just got hurt!

Today, we are all otaku.

Seattle is gettin ran over...LITERALLY ran over. Najeh Davenport is doin damage over there on the North Shore. 21-0 Steelers.

(How bad does it suck that Heinz Field is not even a good FIVE MINUTES from the room in which I sit now? Shoot...I can go out the front door, go to the end of this street, turn left, go up the hill and be at the West End Overlook park...and look right into the stadium (as well as the rest of the North Shore and downtown Pittsburgh).

Also, the graphics of that game are the college football graphics FSN uses. Is there some freak blizzard that hit St. Louis this weekend?

Also, the graphics of that game are the college football graphics FSN uses. Is there some freak blizzard that hit St. Louis this weekend?

Someone in the Sports Logos forum (incidentally...in a thread i just started today about uniform notes, rants, and raves) was just talking about that. Something about the satellite truck not being available or using a Plan B or something like that. Imma have to go back and look at it again. But yeah--actually several people made note of that in that thread.

Today's injuries: Trent Green (again), David Carr, Matt Leinart went to the locker room

Oh...and since when do you call kicking the football at that juncture?! (Bull :censored: penalty...that just gave Arizona the lead as the half expired).

EDIT: Lienart has a broken collarbone.

Oh yea releasing Culpepper and getting Trent Green was the right move, so was not drafting Brady Quinn.

Thank you Howard Fine and Howard for the wonderful job you are doing running the Dolphins.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The Seahawks just got BLANKED. Next week is a bye for the Steelers. And by then they should have Hines Ward, PuhlAHmalu (if you ain't from 'round here or don't live here, that one just missed you), and Casey Hampton all back. Lucky them. (And by the way, today Hines took it upon himself to become the waterboy on the sidelines to anyone who would take it. That guy, through and through, is a CLASS ACT. And, strangely enough, the couple times I've seen him around town, he's always been by himself. No entourage, no groupie broads...just Hines. That's got to say something right there.)

And oh by the way, my earlier prediction rings true: New York is winning in New York. (*ducks and runs*)

I'm not sure, but the Rams may be holding tryouts at Free Safety in the parking lot right now as a result of crippling injuries.

Today, we are all otaku.

*sigh* Just pathetic... That was horrible. No offense whatsoever for the 'Hawks. They couldn't run the ball worth a damn and Hasselbeck laid an egg.

This is sad... Why is Pittsburgh so damn hard to beat, huh?!? Things better get better soon, or next week would be an even bigger debacle.

*sigh* Just pathetic... That was horrible. No offense whatsoever for the 'Hawks. They couldn't run the ball worth a damn and Hasselbeck laid an egg.

This is sad... Why is Pittsburgh so damn hard to beat, huh?!? Things better get better soon, or next week would be an even bigger debacle.

Because the Steelers are good

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived