Official 2007 NFL season thread

tBBP

Alright, the game ended around 4-something, and it's 5:37 right now. I am STILL pissed off about that game, just because the Titans did everything they could to lose the game, but the Falcons did nothing at all to win it. 5 turnovers, and the only two people who scored were DeAngelo Hall and Morten Andersen. The offense did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. The defense played one of their best games I've seen them play, and they get no help. Playcalling was atrocious, putting in Leftwich was wrong, Harrington got rattled and was basically done for the day, and the offensive line turned into turnstiles. The special teams were special, and the defense locked down VY and the rest of the Titans. I mean come on, DeMorrio Williams TACKLED THE PUNTER BEFORE HE COULD PUNT! Awesome game from those two units, but the offense was so horrible that it just killed everything. Now I will give credit where credit is due, the Titans defense is SCARY. Tennessee's going to be a really good team this year. But dammit, they gave us every chance to win the game, and the offense blew it. This always happens, Week 2 it was Prater, Week 3 it was Hall, and Week 4 it was the entire offense. The only week where we just got BEAT was week 1, every other loss has been a situation where the rest of the team plays great, but one person (or in this case, an entire unit) just destroyed everything. UGHGHGHHGHGHGHGHGHHghhh.

You're 100% right ,because let's be honest Bro,we DIDN'T deserve to win win that game to be quite honest,but as the saying goes,

Ask any racer, any real racer. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning.

- Dominic Toretto

But i also gotta give props to the Falcons ST as well because if it wasn't for them they wouldn't be in this game.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some very interesting insider info:

49ers stink. The End.

Man, and I didn't even need to be an ESPN Insider to get this info. Thanks! ^_^

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

OK...did anyone else see the end of the Browns-Patriots game? Because right now I think Mike Vrabel or some other Patriots player (didn't see a number or nameplate to be sure), is a major league douche for cheap shotting/attempting to injure Derek Anderson after he spiked the ball to stop the clock.

Anybody wish to clarify? Infrared? One of the legion of Patriots fans?

He went for the ball.

:rolleyes:

And you wonder why everyone cackled with glee when almighty Belichick got busted for cheating?

I'm surprised this wasn't Tank's trivia today...

When was the last time the Lions won at Washington? Never!

Amazing, considering how long both teams have been around. In fact, the last time the Lions beat the Skins on the road was in 1935... in Boston.

Hmm I was concentrating on baseball, but I did mention it in my weekly NFL picks this week.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

OK...did anyone else see the end of the Browns-Patriots game? Because right now I think Mike Vrabel or some other Patriots player (didn't see a number or nameplate to be sure), is a major league douche for cheap shotting/attempting to injure Derek Anderson after he spiked the ball to stop the clock.

He went for the ball.

And you wonder why everyone cackled with glee when almighty Belichick got busted for cheating?

Yes. I didn't actually see the first part of the play, when I looked up at the TV a bunch of players on the Browns were mobbing Vrabel. I heard the color commentator for the game say "Vrabel went for the ball", so I just said it here like it was a fact. It's my fault for saying it like it was a fact when I didn't see the whole play. I doubt it was a "cheap shot" or an "attempt to injure" though.

This just in: We, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, are in need of serious depth at RB.

Not that I don't trust Earnest Graham, and I don't know jack-squat about Kenneth Darby, but if our RB's keep getting hurt, sooner or later we ain't gon have no RB's left.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

He went for the ball.

Yes. I didn't actually see the first part of the play, when I looked up at the TV a bunch of players on the Browns were mobbing Vrabel. I heard the color commentator for the game say "Vrabel went for the ball", so I just said it here like it was a fact. It's my fault for saying it like it was a fact when I didn't see the whole play. I doubt it was a "cheap shot" or an "attempt to injure" though.

Somehow I think Vrabel's enough of a veteran to know what a spike is compared to what a fumble is. Regardless of it being a fumble or not, it was a pretty late hit, which is why Cleveland collectively jumped him immediately after that. (Maybe Vrabel was in "Impudent wretch! How dare you try to score points when the game is decided!" mode...)

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

...I don't know jack-squat about Kenneth Darby...

How long until Berman dubs him Kenneth "Kentucky" Darby? Hmmm...maybe that one's even too obvious for Berman.

Many, many years ago I took our departmental roster at work and made up nicknames like that for everybody. Some people were amused, some were indifferent, and some who I accidentally left out showed up at my desk demanding to know THEIR nicknames! :D

I only recall a few of them...George "Bridge Over Troubled" Wada, Jim "Bird on" Doire (pronounced Da-wire), Linda "Action" Jackson, and so on.

Back on topic, the Saints aren't doing well this season. << Candidate for understatement of the year.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

ESPN is saying that Jake Delhomme is out for the season with elbow surgery.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3054365

(And Carr might be down next week with a back injury as well.)

*prepares gift basket for John Fox in the event the Panthers sack him.*

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

ESPN is saying that Jake Delhomme is out for the season with elbow surgery.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3054365

(And Carr might be down next week with a back injury as well.)

*prepares gift basket for John Fox in the event the Panthers sack him.*

Does this mean the return of Chris Weinke???

(On a related note, I HIGHLY doubt the Panthers let go of John Fox after the end of this year. BUT...dreamers can dream, can't they?)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I'm such an :censored:. I canceled a tennis date, cleared any academic appointments, and am passing up doing important reading so I could be home to watch tonight's Bills game.

And, of course, I miss George Wilson's INT TD because the local Fox station is playing the brilliant Homer "Mr. X" Simpson episode of the Simpsons. Stupid, stupid me.

Go Bills!

EDIT: Awesome. Tony Romo: 0-2, 2 INT. Beautiful.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived