Official 2007 NFL season thread

tBBP

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And, now the Falcons are gonna need a miracle.

4th and 13 on their 47-yard-line...1:58 left...and the Falcons PUNT?!? Saints then run out the clock and win. Thanks, Bobby!

This victory was horribly ugly, but I'll take it. (breathes sigh of relief)

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I am done with the Falcons. How did they lose????

I've said those exact words about the Saints approximately 400 times since I became a Saints fan in 1969. :P

I've been disappointed in Reggie this year, but have to give him credit on the late TD. He wanted to get in more than they wanted to stop him. But when the Saints scored to make it 20-16, why did they go for 2? I don't get that one. They converted and made it 22-16 but I'm fuzzy on the logic unless they wanted the Falcons to need more than 2 FGs to win. Just seemed odd.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I am done with the Falcons. How did they lose????

I've said those exact words about the Saints approximately 400 times since I became a Saints fan in 1969. :P

I've been disappointed in Reggie this year, but have to give him credit on the late TD. He wanted to get in more than they wanted to stop him. But when the Saints scored to make it 20-16, why did they go for 2? I don't get that one. They converted and made it 22-16 but I'm fuzzy on the logic unless they wanted the Falcons to need more than 2 FGs to win. Just seemed odd.

Yeah that was kinda odd, the whole two point thing. I've always said that Sean Payton coaches like he's playing Madden or something.

That being said, I'm with Drew, until next week I am done with the Falcons. :cursing::P Keith Brooking's dumb ass decides that he wants to tackle Lewis Sanders, the guy who's tackling Reggie Bush, therefore giving Bush the extra leverage he needed to get into the endzone. Normally the idea is to tackle people WEARING THE OTHER TEAM'S COLORS, but no, he tackles the guy on the same team, taking him and Sanders out of the play, and Bush scores. Of course, ESPN's going to say that Bush ran over the entire world to get in the endzone.

Joey Harrington came in and played pretty well, except for the whole "snapping the ball to nobody while I'm checking down again" debacle.

All in all, a great game, but another case of the Falcons somehow snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

And now I'm losing patience with Petrino. He's made so many questionable decisions this year, and he's bungled up the running situation. I love Warrick Dunn, I love what he's done for this team, I love what he's done for this community, but it is time to bench him. Although the run game was putrid as usual, if Jerious Norwood, with 6 carries, outgained Dunn, with 13 carries, then something's wrong. Give the nod to Norwood, Dunn is done. (Pun intended.)

And I still have no clue at how we manage to NOT score in the red zone. I mean, it can't be that hard, can it?

And also...Leftwich is down...again. This is definitely gonna be a long year. At least the QB field for the draft is LOADED next year.

woohoo!!! Lions win again, I just got back from the game a couple of hours ago. 4-2 now, they are on track for 10-11 wins. Both of Detroit's touchdowns were towards the side I was on. The Calvin Johnson reverse came towards the corner I was on, and the place got louder and louder with each move he made. That play as exciting, Calvin stiff-armed Cato June, and then made a great move to make safety Tanard Jackson miss, before breaking a tackle of Barrett Ruud to score. My hands were red for about 5 minutes after that play. The final score appeared closer than the actual game was. Detroit has Kevin Jones back, and seems to finally have a running game. T.J. Duckett ran pretty well also. Kitna showed his leadership again when he ran the ball outside on a 3rd and 1 play, was near the first down marker and took a hard hit, where he was flipped completely to get the first down. The defense let the bucs gain quite a few yards, but they caused turnovers, including one near the goal line. Oh, and Ernie Sims is a beast. That is all.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Damn Lions...beat my Buccaneers. Or maybe my Buccaneers beat themselves...ah well. It's a "W" in the Lions' record either way.

Currently, Denver is giving it to the Steelers. Currently up 21-7 after a sack/fumble/return for TD by the Broncos' D.

(Off-note: #95 for the Broncos is ONE BIIIIGGGGGG DUDE. Look like he's about to bust right out that damn uniform. Wait...upon closer inspection...IS THAT SAM ADAMS???)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Damn Lions...beat my Buccaneers. Or maybe my Buccaneers beat themselves...ah well. It's a "W" in the Lions' record either way.

Currently, Denver is giving it to the Steelers. Currently up 21-7 after a sack/fumble/return for TD by the Broncos' D.

(Off-note: #95 for the Broncos is ONE BIIIIGGGGGG DUDE. Look like he's about to bust right out that damn uniform. Wait...upon closer inspection...IS THAT SAM ADAMS???)

That is Sam Adams. Appropriate name because he's just about the size of a truck delivering Sam Adams beer.

IUe6Hvh.png

Im glad my Bengals finally snapped their loosing skid, but we are getting alot of penalties, a lot of them were are fault, but I've also noticed that not only this week but for the past 3 weeks the Bengals played the refs were calling a lot of Phantom calls. Rant over.

Signature intentionally left blank

That is Sam Adams. Appropriate name because he's just about the size of a truck delivering Sam Adams beer.

Fortunately Denver already has an AFL team, so he won't get another af2 team to mismanage.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well...apparently the Rams had another disastrous loss, wherein the team continues to demonstrate how Linehan has lost them. I don't know more, because I was in a car driving back to school during the game.

Good news: Rumor has it that a loss to Cleveland next week will result in his immediate sacking.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived