Official 2007 NFL season thread

tBBP

Is anyone watching Titans @ Texans,OMFG

Outbreak of Multiple Field Goals?

I was, but for some reason CBS couldnt show the end of the game so instead I got to see Bill Cowher talk about what was happening on the field.

That was horrible, the NFL should change that rule. They get around it by showing the play as a "replay" 5 seconds later, why just not let us watch it live after 4:15 or whatever the time is.

My Bills won today, and did not give up a last second FG as I expected. So 2-4, but we could be 4-2 had Denver or Dallas not made those last second Field Goals. Not too bad. With NYJ (1 Win), Cincy (2 Wins), Miami (0 Wins) in the next 3 games I could easily see us at 5-4 after that stretch, and in the Wild Card hunt.

saBS.png

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

least the cowboys are doing well. i just wish we could beat somebody that is worth a damn. everyone we played except for new england probably won't make the playoffs. as much as i want to get excited over a 6-1, i fear for a late season collapse. Granted the Tuna Sandwich or in december Tuna Melt isn't in Dallas, i still hold reservation until week 17. IF they do make the playoffs, it better not be a one and done.

speaking of which how are the islanders doing, i haven't been keeping up. i don't even know what their record is right now.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

OK, which is the question...how big is Grady Jackson, or how small is Reggie Bush? It looks like a father and his young son for crying out loud...

09000d5d803781f2_gallery_600.jpg

Grady Jackson is just humongous. They have him generously listed at 362 lbs. Yeah, and I have a vertical leap of 97 feet.

But Bush is kinda small. They don't call 'em scatbacks for nothing.

Line injuries continue for Falcons as Foster placed on IR

By Adam Schefter | NFL Network

The Atlanta Falcons have lost another offensive tackle to injury, as Renardo Foster was placed on the Injured Reserve List on Monday, reports NFL Network's Adam Schefter.

Foster left Sunday's 22-16 loss to the New Orleans Saints with 3:45 remaining in the fourth quarter with a left knee injury.

It's a tough loss for the Falcons, who have played the last two games without either of their starting tackles. Foster had been starting at the crucial left tackle position in place of veteran Wayne Gandy, who was lost for the season after tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee in Atlanta's 20-13 loss to the Tennessee Titans on Oct. 7. Todd Weiner, the starter at right tackle, underwent arthroscopic surgery that will keep him out as long as six weeks.

"If Renardo is out for the year, we'll have to bring somebody else in," head coach Petrino said. "Hopefully we'll get Weiner back at some point."

Foster, an undrafted rookie free agent who played for Petrino at Louisville, had played in all seven games this season, starting the last two.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Oh goody, ANOTHER Falcons lineman injured.

The more I analyze this team, the more I realize that this team was seriously built around just one man, and not built as a team, a fatal flaw if that one man goes down...You think they would've learned that lesson after the 2003 debacle.

Not looking good for the Blaguars. Down 17-blank at the half.

Someone tell me why the Blags are deviating from what's done made them successful thus far--run, run, and more run? I mean, even if they don't gain much yardage, it does control the clock, keep Peyton's offense on the sidelines (where they can't score, don'tcha know), and eventually opens up passing lanes.

And now, it appears David Garrard got an ankle issue. We might just see more of the pride of Florida A&M, Quinn Gray, in the second half.

(Off-question: anyone know if Jacquay Nunally is still playing football???)

Either way it goes...17-0 Colts over the Blaguars. Damn.

(Oh--and by the way, Tom Brady just threw another touchdown. And the Rams are currently losing. To themselves. Ditto for the 'Phins.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Not looking good for the Blaguars. Down 17-blank at the half.

Someone tell me why the Blags are deviating from what's done made them successful thus far--run, run, and more run? I mean, even if they don't gain much yardage, it does control the clock, keep Peyton's offense on the sidelines (where they can't score, don'tcha know), and eventually opens up passing lanes.

And now, it appears David Garrard got an ankle issue. We might just see more of the pride of Florida A&M, Quinn Gray, in the second half.

The only way I remember Quinn Gray is from last year. I was watching the game where they were playing the Chiefs, Garrard gets hurt, Quinn Gray comes in and Gus Johnson has a heart attack. He fawns over Quinn Gray, saying in probably the loudest possible way "NOW YOU BETTER WATCH OUT FOR THIS KID. FLORIDA A&M'S FINEST."

Then Gray throws a touchdown and Gus Johnson loses it. Yelling and screaming.

So yeah, when I think of Quinn Gray, I think of Gus Johnson, and how I want so badly for him to narrate my life. :P

OK, which is the question...how big is Grady Jackson, or how small is Reggie Bush? It looks like a father and his young son for crying out loud...

Madden Curse...SI cover jinx...skyAA1 post curse??

Falcons Cut Grady Jackson

So the Falcons cut arguably their best D-Lineman for no reason other than a mid-season youth movement???

This entire franchise is in shambles right now.

Madden Curse...SI cover jinx...skyAA1 post curse??

Falcons Cut Grady Jackson

So the Falcons cut arguably their best D-Lineman for no reason other than a mid-season youth movement???

This entire franchise is in shambles right now.

Has the modern NFL ever had a scoreless tie before? Because that Atlanta-St. Louis game just might end up that way.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Yes, it is indeed a shambles. And it just keeps getting better.

CB Hall Blasts Falcons for Releasing Jackson

I'd kick Falcons fans while they're down except for my belief that what goes around comes around. B)

All I know is this: Even though nobody could've been expected to do good in this situation, 1 of 2 things (maybe both) are probably going to happen:

1) This is the beginning of housecleaning. Should've known that'd be the case if we cut Allen Rossum and replaced him with Adam Jennings :cursing: And I'm thinking that Crumpler and Hall will be gone at the end of the year FOR SURE, and maybe Dunn and Brooking will be next, and hell, anybody over the age of 30 will be gone, and we might turn into the football version of the Atlanta Hawks for the past 10 years: Youth movement and constant rebuilding, or we might actually be good in a couple of years. Who knows.

2) Petrino gets fired. If you lose a locker room after only 8 weeks into your first season, that really ain't good. I'm seriously going to agree with Hall and say that this was definitely NOT a football move. To cut one of the best D-Lineman on the team when you have only either rookies or journeymen backing up the starters at that position is not a wise football move. It had to have been political. This is the same man who sued the Falcons before the Vick Saga began. He couldn't have been all that popular with the FO. IF they were cutting people on performance, then, as much as I love the guy, Keith Brooking should've got cut for his "defense while invisible" techniques and his "tackle teammates while they're tackling the other team" techniques. If they're cutting people not because it will help win football games, but because they're trying to clean out a locker room, MID-SEASON mind you, then it's wrong. That, and the fact that he's made some really questionable decisions thus far, would be reasons for firing and just starting anew.

But I do know this: #1, IMO, is almost guaranteed to happen. This team will be almost unrecognizable by next year or 2009.

Nah thats only becuase the Giants are playing at 1, and the Jets are playing at 4.

I'm not so sure about that. I look at the Bills schedule at the start of every season to see when (if!) they're not playing at 1:00. The only game I remember seeing pulled out from the 1:00 slot was the MNF game a couple weeks back.

And if you go here you see that today's game was originally scheduled for 1:00. Granted, it's Wikipedia, but I still think I'm right.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

So...I hear "Bye" is the 4 point favorite against the Rams this coming week.

Fire Scott Linehan....now.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived