Official 2007 NFL season thread

tBBP

...because I couldn't find the other one.

First things first...51-45. That was an NFL score today.

Anyone care to guess from which game?

Uh...try BENGALS/BROWNS.

Guess who had the 51?

The BROWNS.

Defense was pretty much nonexistent today in Cleveland. But boy did Derek Anderson come on hot today! I realize that this is just one game, and it was against a Bengals defense that couldn't stop a penny from rolling off a table, but if the Browns offense keeps up like that, and the Browns' D makes some strides, I think we may be looking at a potential Cinderella story. We'll see what happens next week.

Haven't had a chance to look at the other games yet, so I'll let others chime in on those. I did see pieces of the Bills/Steelers game, and as I predicted way back when, the Steelers broke out the 1962 throwbacks for their home opener. It was nice seeing the Steelers in something different for a change, but that 75th anniversary patch just stuck out like a sore thumb (it's oversized as HELL). But the bigger story? What's done got into the Pittsburgh offense? This is two straight weeks now they've opened it up. The point total wasn't that high...but this isn't the power-run-based offensive attack we're used to seeing from the Steelers.

Or maybe they're just waiting until the frigid months of winter to start running the ball down the throats of opposing defenses. And it looks like Mr. Roffthlsssbrrger is getting back to form a lil' bit, too.

Anyoen got anything else?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Browns score 51 points yet I was still convinced they'd blow it at the end of the game. Do you think Marvin Lewis would have ever expected to score 45 against the Browns and lose? I thought only Michigan lost games like that. I like what I saw in the Browns today but there's still a lot of work to be done. They'll have a much tougher test next week.

Give me my other team, The Packers, as this year's surprise story. 2-0 and that D is the real deal. That same Giants team that managed only 13 today scored 30+ against the Cowboys. I figured there would be a let down for the Packers after the big win over Philly last week. Nice road win for Favre and the Packers.

BB52Big.jpg

Didn't two season ago the Bengals and Browns combine to score 90esque points?

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Memo to Linehan: If Mike Martz wouldn't do something because it was too aggressive, then it's too aggressive. Congratulations on throwing away another game.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

My Browns score 51 points yet I was still convinced they'd blow it at the end of the game. Do you think Marvin Lewis would have ever expected to score 45 against the Browns and lose? I thought only Michigan lost games like that. I like what I saw in the Browns today but there's still a lot of work to be done. They'll have a much tougher test next week.

Give me my other team, The Packers, as this year's surprise story. 2-0 and that D is the real deal. That same Giants team that managed only 13 today scored 30+ against the Cowboys. I figured there would be a let down for the Packers after the big win over Philly last week. Nice road win for Favre and the Packers.

I saw that in preseason...particularly the game against the Steelers. So I wouldn't be that surprised if the Pack showed up at the end of the season and made it to the top. I mean, after all, Aaron Kampan was the league's leading sacker last season, wasn't it? So yeah...I won't be that surprised. That D is just plain GOOD.

In other news...my BUCCANEERS handled business in the new sombrero by decidedly taking down the Saints. Oh yeah!!!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

Nick Prater = worst kicker in the NFL. Missed a 42 yarder, then missed a 26 yard FG today. Those 2 FGs would've been the difference in a 13-7 Falcons loss to the Jags. If he had made those 2, we'd be talking overtime, and maybe the first win of the season. But no, we put in a rookie kicker who, prior to the preseason, had NO NFL experience. Yet, somehow he's qualified and capable of being the starting K for the Falcons, yet Billy Cundiff, at least a K with experience, gets cut. I put that on the Falcons FO.

And it also doesn't help that one of the "best O-Lines in the NFL" allows 7 sacks, 13 on the season through 2 GAMES. I tried to tell everybody that Vick got most of his rushing yards running for his life, not by design. This line needs to get it together and we need a new kicker ASAP before we can seriously think about winning...-smh-. At least the Saints have proven that they're gonna be 1-year wonders. :D

That being said...how in the hell do the Browns go from barely scoring 3 in week 1 to putting up 51 in week 2? Is the Bengals D that bad, or was losing Charlie Frye the catalyst to an offensive explosion???

Nick Prater = worst kicker in the NFL. Missed a 42 yarder, then missed a 26 yard FG today. Those 2 FGs would've been the difference in a 13-6 Falcons loss to the Jags. If he had made those 2, we'd be talking overtime, and maybe the first win of the season. But no, we put in a rookie kicker who, prior to the preseason, had NO NFL experience. Yet, somehow he's qualified and capable of being the starting K for the Falcons, yet Billy Cundiff, at least a K with experience, gets cut. I put that on the Falcons FO.

And it also doesn't help that one of the "best O-Lines in the NFL" allows 7 sacks, 13 on the season through 2 GAMES. I tried to tell everybody that Vick got most of his rushing yards running for his life, not by design. This line needs to get it together and we need a new kicker ASAP before we can seriously think about winning...-smh-. At least the Saints have proven that they're gonna be 1-year wonders. :D

That being said...how in the hell do the Browns go from barely scoring 3 in week 1 to putting up 51 in week 2? Is the Bengals D that bad, or was losing Charlie Frye the catalyst to an offensive explosion???

I'm sure Ron Jaworski will have an answer for you as soon as he breaks down the tape...

...but for now, all i can say is, I couldn't tell you. Maybe Cincy's D really IS that bad.

And it's nice to see someone who really knew why Vick did all that running around. I noticed that a lot, too. (It didn't help that his receivers, outside of Crumpler, couldn't hold onto a piece of duct tape if it was slapped directly onto their palms, either.)

Flame, I sho' hope your boys come around this year. That's real.

I listened to the Bills game through the radio today, and I wish I hadn't. What a shame. What a disaster. It looks like Buffalo might very well end up with Brian Brohm as its quarterback next year, and the never-ending cycle of rebuilding continues.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Someone ought to smack Losman in the head. He's turned into a useless QB.. But, how could that team concentrate on the game when we know that most of their thoughts are towards the well being of Everett.

Is Seattle winning by any chance? Winning at Arizona has become quite the chore. Thankfully, the 49ers did their part and put the little Lambs down....

On that note... I just jinxed the 'Hawks. :(

Someone ought to smack Losman in the head. He's turned into a useless QB.. But, how could that team concentrate on the game when we know that most of their thoughts are towards the well being of Everett.

Is Seattle winning by any chance? Winning at Arizona has become quite the chore. Thankfully, the 49ers did their part and put the little Lambs down....

On that note... I just jinxed the 'Hawks. :(

I'd laugh at you, but the Bulger reportedly went in for chest X-Rays within the last hour. The offensive line may have succeeded in getting him killed after all. And we only have two QBs on roster to begin with. Yay us!!!

(If this season were a Madden game, I'd have pulled the plug on the system by now.) <_<

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'd laugh at you, but the Bulger reportedly went in for chest X-Rays within the last hour. The offensive line may have succeeded in getting him killed after all. And we only have two QBs on roster to begin with. Yay us!!!

(If this season were a Madden game, I'd have pulled the plug on the system by now.) <_<

I'd laugh at you and the Lambs, but of course the SeaChickens couldn't take care of those stinking Deadbirds and now comes the possibilty of seeing Carson Palmer torch the secondary like fried chicken.

I'd laugh at you and the Lambs, but of course the SeaChickens couldn't take care of those stinking Deadbirds and now comes the possibilty of seeing Carson Palmer torch the secondary like fried chicken.

Want to have a beer instead? ^_^

Today, we are all otaku.

I understand that it's how the game is played, but Michael Shanahan looked like a real weasel calling that time out as Janikowski kicked. What a tough loss for the Raiders. And that's now two weeks in a row the Broncos needed last-second kicks to beat out the two worst teams in the AFC. They're 2-0, but barely.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

im so :censored:in heartbroken.

:censored: this place,

I lost the war,

I hate you all,

Your mom's a whore

Where's my dog?

Cause the Hawks are such a drag.

Never fear...CHARLIE FRYE IS HERE! :D

(Okay, I know that was wrong...but still, I couldn't resist.)

I listened to the Bills game through the radio today, and I wish I hadn't. What a shame. What a disaster. It looks like Buffalo might very well end up with Brian Brohm as its quarterback next year, and the never-ending cycle of rebuilding continues.

Last I remembered, there was this one QB who's still out there on the open market. Has starting experience. About four years' worth. has a real strong arm...just can't move worth a damn. You may remember seeing him adorned in teal and black...wore #7?

(Sorry...couldn't resist that one either.)

Woohoo! The Lions are 2-0! Of course they are still getting absolutely no respect, but I will take it.

Kitna played with a lot of heart. He didn't have the best game stats wise, he threw for a TD and an INT. He left the game with an injury I think at the end of the first half. He finally talked the coaches into letting him go back in in the fourth quarter I believe, and they made the right decision. At the end he led them down the field into field goal position with the game tied 17-17, but Hanson missed it. In overtime, after Detroit recovered a fumble, he drove them down the field again, running on a third down play when no one was open, and getting what he could. No slide, no running out of bounds, he took a hit or two, and got as many yards as he could. He also got a pass tipped at the line of scrimmage, then caught it and ran for 9 yards, again taking a hit, to get as many yards as he could. He doesn't get the respect he deserves.

.....Sorry, when you are a lions fan, you get excited easily...

Oh, and Megatron (Calvin Johnson) is on pace for 16 TDs this year. He has one per game so far.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Woohoo! The Lions are 2-0! Of course they are still getting absolutely no respect, but I will take it.

Kitna played with a lot of heart. He didn't have the best game stats wise, he threw for a TD and an INT. He left the game with an injury I think at the end of the first half. He finally talked the coaches into letting him go back in in the fourth quarter I believe, and they made the right decision. At the end he led them down the field into field goal position with the game tied 17-17, but Hanson missed it. In overtime, after Detroit recovered a fumble, he drove them down the field again, running on a third down play when no one was open, and getting what he could. No slide, no running out of bounds, he took a hit or two, and got as many yards as he could. He also got a pass tipped at the line of scrimmage, then caught it and ran for 9 yards, again taking a hit, to get as many yards as he could. He doesn't get the respect he deserves.

.....Sorry, when you are a lions fan, you get excited easily...

Actually...I've had a lot of respect for Jon Kitna for a long time, ever since his days as a Seahawk. He is a warrior. And he plays with heart. i ain't see the game, but from reading this it sounds like he was/is determined to make good on his remarks that the Lions can/will win 10 games this season. Two down, eight to go...

I understand that it's how the game is played, but Michael Shanahan looked like a real weasel calling that time out as Janikowski kicked. What a tough loss for the Raiders. And that's now two weeks in a row the Broncos needed last-second kicks to beat out the two worst teams in the AFC. They're 2-0, but barely.

Broncos/Raiders games are always close, regardless of how good each team is... just like the Titans/Colts games.

Every team ALWAYS calls a timeout to ice the kicker before a game winning FG attempt, it was just so loud that they couldn't hear the whistles and they kicked it anyway. Maybe if the snapper had snapped it well on the second try, he could've made it. Stop whining.

Archived