Official 2007 NFL season thread

tBBP

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I understand that it's how the game is played, but Michael Shanahan looked like a real weasel calling that time out as Janikowski kicked. What a tough loss for the Raiders. And that's now two weeks in a row the Broncos needed last-second kicks to beat out the two worst teams in the AFC. They're 2-0, but barely.

Broncos/Raiders games are always close, regardless of how good each team is... just like the Titans/Colts games.

Every team ALWAYS calls a timeout to ice the kicker before a game winning FG attempt, it was just so loud that they couldn't hear the whistles and they kicked it anyway. Maybe if the snapper had snapped it well on the second try, he could've made it. Stop whining.

Easy big fella. No one's whining here, just observing. And reading comprehension skills work too -- I did say "I understand that it's how the game is played." I get it. I just didn't like the way it looked.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I understand that it's how the game is played, but Michael Shanahan looked like a real weasel calling that time out as Janikowski kicked. What a tough loss for the Raiders. And that's now two weeks in a row the Broncos needed last-second kicks to beat out the two worst teams in the AFC. They're 2-0, but barely.

Ugh. That was ridiculous. Seems like such a ratty thing to do (I understand it's not cheating). I'm not just Bronco-bashing because I'm a Chiefs fan, I hate it when ANY coach does that.

So, 3rd and 1 and Solari decides to pass on a fade route to the endzone, pass is intercepted. Run. The. Ball. What's even more amusing was Herm Edwards' response to it when someone in the press conference asked him why they didn't run. Herm claims that the pass was intended for Gonzalez but Huard messed up and threw it to Parker, the third option. Yeah, it's Huard's fault Solari calls a run on TWO third and long plays, then a pass on third and one. I'm not impressed with Herm Edwards.

How about that 2nd Janikowski kick? The one that was no good.

Hit the TOP of the post from 52 yards out! That sucker was going to go 70 yards, easily.

No kidding. Although he shouldn't have had to kick a second time.

Hit the TOP of the post from 52 yards out! That sucker was going to go 70 yards, easily.

Janikowski has always had one heck of a leg... his head, though, is another story... :oops:

I saw, I came, I left.

I know it kind of makes me look like a hypocrite, but I disagree with you. The tradition of the game allows coaches to try to ice the kicker. I think Shanahan look especially smarmy the way he did it, but I don't begrudge him using his abilities as a coach in order to win; it clearly worked. It's just not the way I'd want to win.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I know it kind of makes me look like a hypocrite, but I disagree with you. The tradition of the game allows coaches to try to ice the kicker. I think Shanahan look especially smarmy the way he did it, but I don't begrudge him using his abilities as a coach in order to win; it clearly worked. It's just not the way I'd want to win.

I see what you mean. There are no rules against what Shanahan did, so it's not cheating in any way.

In other news, the Cowboys won. IN THE DARK BLUE JERSEYS.

DAMN the history and tradition behind their current "home" sets...the set they wore today blows the other one to SMITHERINES. Adopt a white version of it, with matching silvers, and the Cowboys' set would be...set. I love the blue/silver set they wore today. Love it, love it, love it.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Man...if you could combine his leg with Wilkins' or Vinatieri's accuracy...

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I was at work all day, and I came home to check the Browns/Bengals score. I was thinking "Of course the Browns lost, they suck." Then I was like "51-45, how the hell did that happen?!" Wow. At least the Browns have a win. It's hard to believe that this was the same team that scored 3 vs. Pittsburgh last week. Either way, I'll take 1-1 as a Browns fan.

It's already been done, his name is Mason Crosby.

It's already been done, his name is Mason Crosby.

Too bad Crosby sucks on Madden 08. He missed a medium-range FG and even an XP for me in an online coach-only game. :cursing:

CCSLC signature.png

Archived