Official 2007 NFL season thread

tBBP

FALCONS WIN!

ILuvIt.png

:boogie::boogie::boogie:

First win since 12/10/06. AWRIGHT. A loss here would've DEFINITELY put the Falcons in a hole. Instead, we're 1-3, and with the way the both sides of the ball looked today (save for the occasional big play), 1-3 with hope.

Harrington looked REALLY good today. The receivers actually caught the ball too.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, go Bills, huh? Nice win over a similarly crappy AFC East team. I don't know if it's mathematically possible, but I wouldn't at all be surprised to see the Pats at 12-4 and the rest of the division at 4-12.

But still, 1-1 in the division. I'll take it.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Looking at the play of Culpepper against the Dolphins today and thge continued play of Trent Green it is clear this is the Dolphins Front Office.

3-stooges-football.jpg

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Consider my pants crapped. Lions upset Da Bears, putting up 34 in the 4th quarter, including a 41-yard kick return by Casey Fitzsimmons with under a minute to go.

Might I add, those 34 points are an NFL record. 7 more, Kitna. 7 more.

Hmmmmmmmm. Are you sure the Bears didn't start Grossman? Those stats look oddly familiar...

Seriously though, when will people get over their love for backup QBs? They're the backup for a reason. Unless they're a 1-1,000 like Schaub, Romo, a 1-1,000,000 like Favre, or a 1-1,000,000,000 like Brady, they're the #2 for good reason.

Consider my pants crapped. Lions upset Da Bears, putting up 34 in the 4th quarter, including a 41-yard kick return by Casey Fitzsimmons with under a minute to go.

Might I add, those 34 points are an NFL record. 7 more, Kitna. 7 more.

Yes! All of this without Calvin too. And did I see a bit of a running game? The d-line was playing as well as expected, and the seconary was surprisingly decent today. Ernie Sims is proving he was worth last year's top 10 pick. Let's hope they can be 4-1 going into the bye. That would be great.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Hmmmmmmmm. Are you sure the Bears didn't start Grossman? Those stats look oddly familiar...

Seriously though, when will people get over their love for backup QBs? They're the backup for a reason. Unless they're a 1-1,000 like Schaub, Romo, a 1-1,000,000 like Favre, or a 1-1,000,000,000 like Brady, they're the #2 for good reason.

Because, people like to hope for the best. They like to think that their team will put their second stringer in and spark new life in the team. It's a trend that should really stop soon.

The Jags had success with back ups taking over. Brunell was a back up that proved successful, Garrard so far looks to be the better choice as well. Plus when your starter is Grossman...well.... there are alot of QBs better than Grossman. Anderson also stepped in nicely for the Browns this year. Atlanta also wasted their time with Vick when they had Schaub the whole time. Edwards will most likely not be Buffalo's savior but he is worth watching.

Anybody else hear the "Marty! Marty! Marty!" chant in San Diego a few minutes ago?

I'm not sure if either he or Mike Martz is laughing more at the moment.

BTW...guess what! The Rams get to play a team that just knocked off Pittsburgh! Joy!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Congrats to my main man, the timeless and incomparable Brett Favre, who is now the all-time TD Pass King. :notworthy: (And he did it without 'roids! Put that in a cream and rub it on ya, Mr. Unemployed Home Run King.)

Also a big shout-out to the Packers' defense, which came up big again. The D is playing aggressively and creating turnovers, such as Atari Bigby swatting the ball from the Viking receiver's hands early in the game.

Next up is the first NBC SNF game at Lambeau when the Bears stumble into town. Their once-dominant defense is severely banged up and sucking hard, so Favre should drop a few more TD passes on them. They finally put some points on the board, but that was against the same team that dropped 56 points to the Iggles the week before, and even they intercepted Brian Griese three times. Green Bay's defense is loads better. This could get ugly.

CCSLC signature.png

Anyone who expected better things from the QB position with Brian freakin' Griese at the helm was sadly deluded.

. Plus when your starter is Grossman...well.... there are alot of QBs better than Grossman. .

No, not really. There's a ton of mediocre qbs, a small handful of really good qbs, and more than a few awful qbs in the NFL. Honestly, I don't ever remember the talent level at QB being this diluted, ever.

Why are we surprised? When was the last really good QB the Bears had (and no, Jim McMahon doesn't count)? Sid Luckman?

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Archived