Official 2007 NFL season thread

tBBP

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So apparently Marc Bulger has two broken ribs, and actually played with them anyway yesterday.

1. I'm curious, at what point does this "Ewing Theory" kick in?

2. Exploding-head.gif

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I wonder if Visa will have the commercial with all Saints fans marching to buy Paper Bags

Best joke you have ever made.

Seriously, the only consolation for the Falcons being 0-3 is that we have looked better going 0-3 than the Saints, who have reverted back to the Aints. (Which is amazing, considering they've got all those talented guys, and we're in shambles as an organization right now.)

Packers 3-0 (and against Eagles, Giants, Chargers)

didnt expect that one

especially after Ahman Green left,

but the way McCarthy is handling Favre seems to be working out pretty well.

I turned the game off in disgust after the Packers went for it (and failed) on 4th & goal when they were losing just to give Brett another crack at the record.

I've forgiven Brett for a lot of crap over the years because I thought that deep down, he thought he was doing what was right for the team. That might have been true in 1996, but somewhere along the way his self-centered off the field attitude (trust me, he is NOT the "humble country boy" the media makes him out to be) took over his better judgment on the field.

Wow is that off base. The same play they ran 4th and goal was good for a TD earlier in the game. Add to that an unproven backfield vs. a HOF QB and you really think that McCarthy was simply trying to give Favre a "another crack at the record?" If that were the case then they could have tried a couple passes for their last TD after the interception. Instead they ran the ball. Hard as it might be for you to believe, I think they were trying to win the game first.

After 3 failed passing attempts and a defense that was waiting for the pass AGAIN? McCarthy made some dumb calls last year, but I refuse to believe he's THAT stupid.

Add to the fact that they're playing at the Metrodump next week, and SOMEONE (be it Brett or McCarthy) was thinking "we gotta get at least #420 at Lambeau." It's a nice sentiment, but not when you risk losing the game over it.

I just thought I'd say that the Bears suck and I know how you all in New Orleans, St. Louis, and San Diego feel. After having such a promising off season and looking forward to the season, its so awful to watch.

Defense still looks ok, but dropping like flies.

Offense is awful. I hate that I bought into this "Hester and Olsen will make the offense amazing!!" crap.

The only good thing is, the Grossman Error is finally over. It sets everything back a couple years but perhaps if they can pick up a nice QB next year (McNabb) or draft one (Braun, depending on how this season ends), maybe everything will be ok.

God, I know 1-2 isn't that bad in the NFC and there are still 13 weeks left but jeez I'm feeling pretty crappy about this team.

I just thought I'd say that the Bears suck and I know how you all in New Orleans, St. Louis, and San Diego feel. After having such a promising off season and looking forward to the season, its so awful to watch.

Offense is awful. I hate that I bought into this "Hester and Olsen will make the offense amazing!!" crap.

The only good thing is, the Grossman Error is finally over. It sets everything back a couple years but perhaps if they can pick up a nice QB next year (McNabb) or draft one (Braun, depending on how this season ends), maybe everything will be ok.

God, I know 1-2 isn't that bad in the NFC and there are still 13 weeks left but jeez I'm feeling pretty crappy about this team.

Well at least now you don't have to worry about your quarterback throwing the game away over and over again.

They'll be fine, and I hope you have plenty of seasoning available for when you have to eat your words in a few weeks. :P

You're right. They do get to play Atlanta eventually... ^_^

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Well at least now you don't have to worry about your quarterback throwing the game away over and over again.

The Grossman era might be over, but I guarantee you one thing: A Brian Griese "era" won't be any better, and it will probably get a lot worse...

They'll be fine, and I hope you have plenty of seasoning available for when you have to eat your words in a few weeks. :P

You're right. They do get to play Atlanta eventually... ^_^

We've played better than they have thus far. We're having a decent FG kicker in week 2 and D-Hall having a mental collapse in week 3 away from being 2-1. The Saints have gotten owned in all 3 games they've played thus far. It should be an interesting game when the Falcons and Saints get together.

The Grossman era might be over, but I guarantee you one thing: A Brian Griese "era" won't be any better, and it will probably get a lot worse...

I don't know. His average season is better than any other Bear's QB since Erik Cramer.

I know that's not saying much, but if the QB was at least consistantly above average (say 80-90 QB rating) instead of great one game, and then awful 4 games, I think they'd be better off.

Packers 3-0 (and against Eagles, Giants, Chargers)

didnt expect that one

especially after Ahman Green left,

but the way McCarthy is handling Favre seems to be working out pretty well.

I turned the game off in disgust after the Packers went for it (and failed) on 4th & goal when they were losing just to give Brett another crack at the record.

I've forgiven Brett for a lot of crap over the years because I thought that deep down, he thought he was doing what was right for the team. That might have been true in 1996, but somewhere along the way his self-centered off the field attitude (trust me, he is NOT the "humble country boy" the media makes him out to be) took over his better judgment on the field.

Wow is that off base. The same play they ran 4th and goal was good for a TD earlier in the game. Add to that an unproven backfield vs. a HOF QB and you really think that McCarthy was simply trying to give Favre a "another crack at the record?" If that were the case then they could have tried a couple passes for their last TD after the interception. Instead they ran the ball. Hard as it might be for you to believe, I think they were trying to win the game first.

After 3 failed passing attempts and a defense that was waiting for the pass AGAIN? McCarthy made some dumb calls last year, but I refuse to believe he's THAT stupid.

Add to the fact that they're playing at the Metrodump next week, and SOMEONE (be it Brett or McCarthy) was thinking "we gotta get at least #420 at Lambeau." It's a nice sentiment, but not when you risk losing the game over it.

Yeah, you're probably right. The Packers were far more concerned about getting a record at home than with winning the game. Are you serious with this :censored:?

BB52Big.jpg

Allow me to play-by-play just about every Rams redzone possession this season.

1. Run

2. Run

3. Throw incomplete pass to Drew Bennett in end zone

4. Field Goal attempt

5. If Field Goal attempt is no good; profanity, throwing things, punching wall happens in my room.

6. Defense becomes fed up and demoralized; gives up touchdown on next possession.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Unfortunately the NFL bans group TD celebrations/dances.

If they weren't though, I wish the Rams would do this whenever they score a special teams TD. (Based on the absurdity of this happening).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2HpAE-QcQA

Today, we are all otaku.

It's like a Preseason game when you look and see how many backups the Rams have out there right now.

Today, we are all otaku.

Stat of the day: 11

(Number of quarters the Rams have gone without an offensive touchdown)

171 minutes and 13 seconds is the exact amount of game time that has gone by since the Rams offense last found the end zone.

Fire Olsen now, Linehan at the end of the year.

Today, we are all otaku.

FALCONS WIN!

ILuvIt.png

:boogie::boogie::boogie:

First win since 12/10/06. AWRIGHT. A loss here would've DEFINITELY put the Falcons in a hole. Instead, we're 1-3, and with the way the both sides of the ball looked today (save for the occasional big play), 1-3 with hope.

Archived