Bill Wirtz

DEAD!

At least the Wolves are in the second level of US pro hockey. Plus, well, they're obviously better run than the Hackhawks. Or, one could argue, Leeds these days. *heh*

Speaking of which, has anyone out there with NHL 08 virtually tested the theory that's been circulating around this city for many years now - that the Wolves would beat the Hawks head-to-head?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I need to rethink who I would kill if I could get away with murder...

I would be willing to share Jay Mariotti with you.

Or Ozzie Guillen........

You just made my list, playboy. Don't nobody speak ill about Ozzie Guillen!

and no, the Wolves don't count, in my book

...says the man who supports Leeds. :D

Ahem, the UNDEFEATED Leeds United :D

Ahem, the undefeated IN THE THIRD DIVISION Leeds. :D

At least the Wolves are in the second level of US pro hockey. Plus, well, they're obviously better run than the Hackhawks. Or, one could argue, Leeds these days. *heh*

Tallon's assembling a monster team. Give them a few more years, they will be awesome to watch. Toews is an NHL superstar, guaranteed.

And as for Leeds, the team is quite clearly a bit too talented for the third division. It's really a cakewalk so far.

Or Ozzie Guillen........

Oh, it's on now. That's treason where I come from.

Note: Mariotti is already dead to me...

• 4 weeks later...
You mean Blackhawk home games were not on TV in Chicago?

How is that possible this day in age?

Dollar Bill's theory was that if home games were televised, then there'd be no incentive to actually go to the games. If that's the case, I shudder to think of the attendance figures if the games were on TV.

Or Ozzie Guillen........

Oh, it's on now. That's treason where I come from.

What? Are Sox fans really such homers that they don't acknowledge Guillen is a blowhard?

You mean Blackhawk home games were not on TV in Chicago?

How is that possible this day in age?

Dollar Bill's theory was that if home games were televised, then there'd be no incentive to actually go to the games. If that's the case, I shudder to think of the attendance figures if the games were on TV.

I remember when I was younger, Flyers and Sixers home games were on a premium channel that cost something like $10 / month for (maybe more.) I never saw a home game (including playoffs!) for most of my childhood. Then Comcast entered the picture, and put all of the games on.

The Flyers during this time were regular participants in the conference and cup finals (two finals appearances in three years in the mid-late 80s) and had no trouble selling out the building. I don't have figures to back this up, but I can only think that broadcasting home games would only spark interest in going, especially if they realy have a fun environment and focus a lot on the crowd after goals and other exciting times. I guess the Hawks don't have too many goals though.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived