Brooklyn Nets

eRay

Ok, I have been thinking about this for a while. The Nets are probably moving to Brooklyn around 2009 or so, and I wanted to do a concept for themfor after the move. I thought about doing a whole new identity, possibly involving a new name. I decided it would be best to keep the name Nets and make the logo fit Brooklyn a little bit. I am working on jerseys as we speak, and should be done by tomorrow if I have enough time. I just wanted some feedback on the logo before I got too deep. The big part fo the logo is obviously taken from the Nets current logo, the clouds and flying basketball come from an unused Charlotte Flight logo, and the building styling idea was admittedly borrowed from the Comedy Central logo. I thought the buildings would represent Brooklyn as a borough well, and I think the flying basketball gets rid of the whole "The rim in the Nets logo doesn't have a net" thing. Well, C&C please, and stay tuned for the jerseys.

Bklyn_nets.png

Ok, I have been thinking about this for a while. The Nets are probably moving to Brooklyn around 2009 or so, and I wanted to do a concept for themfor after the move. I thought about doing a whole new identity, possibly involving a new name. I decided it would be best to keep the name Nets and make the logo fit Brooklyn a little bit. I am working on jerseys as we speak, and should be done by tomorrow if I have enough time. I just wanted some feedback on the logo before I got too deep. The big part fo the logo is obviously taken from the Nets current logo, the clouds and flying basketball come from an unused Charlotte Flight logo, and the building styling idea was admittedly borrowed from the Comedy Central logo. I thought the buildings would represent Brooklyn as a borough well, and I think the flying basketball gets rid of the whole "The rim in the Nets logo doesn't have a net" thing. Well, C&C please, and stay tuned for the jerseys.

Bklyn_nets.png

Wouldn't an image of the Brooklyn Bridge be a good starting point? To me what you have is rather generic. But then again the name Nets is rather generic, so playing off the location would be the way to go. Just like all the teams in Buffalo use a Bison.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

I'm not sure if I like the clouds. It makes it look like Brooklyn's in for a doozy of a thunderstorm.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I like it. It's a good update for a team that probably will not want to radically change its identity.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I agree that the Brooklyn Bridge would be the way to go since it's something most people would look at and instantly recognize as Brooklyn. Especially since it doesn't say Brooklyn anywhere on the logo. Even though you executed it nicely, the skyline isn't distinctive enough to stand on its own.

That said, if this were a real logo, I'd probably cop a t-shirt with it.

• 2 weeks later...

i have been caught up with this recently, as well as being busy, so this is taking a long time. As I said, I pretty much came to a dead end with this, thinking I should start over, but here is an update. I tried to work the Brooklyn Bridge in with the flying basketball, but i ended up making a bridge that may or may not be the brooklyn bridge, and i managed to make the bridge both blend in with the buildings, and cover them up(don't ask me how i did this, it was never my intention). anyway, i don't like this, but if anybody does please feel free to let me know.

Nets_Bridge.png

Maybe you could make the bridge towers angle outwards from the center, like the buildings.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Place it like this

lis_4.jpg

and remove the World Trade Center and other buildings for the reason that its brooklyn but I wouldnt put big buildings with the bridge cause short buildings are on the brooklyn side of the bridge

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

Archived