Wild finish in the National League this weekend

HedleyLamarr

This all just proves that hubris is still damning. Now, at least I can have a one year pass from Mets fans saying that they're "New York's Team" and Mets fans idiotically proclaiming that the Mets are a better team than the Yankees.

It was one of the most satisfying moments in my life as a sports fan, by far, to see this so-called contender have the biggest collapse in the history of baseball. Now, at least, I can appreciate why Sawx fans love to bring up the 2004 ALCS. The only way that the Mets' collapse could be any better would be if I were a Phils fan.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was one of the most satisfying moments in my life as a sports fan, by far, to see this so-called contender have the biggest collapse in the history of baseball. Now, at least, I can appreciate why Sawx fans love to bring up the 2004 ALCS. The only way that the Mets' collapse could be any better would be if I were a Phils fan.

Or if you're a Braves fan and you have to hear about the Braves choking in the playoffs. As Hedley said, no Mets fan can EVER talk about the Braves choking after what just transpired in September. Not a single one.

Or if you're a Braves fan and you have to hear about the Braves choking in the playoffs. As Hedley said, no Mets fan can EVER talk about the Braves choking after what just transpired in September. Not a single one.

This is one season. Braves choke every year. So CHOKE, CHOKE, CHOKE. Atlanta CHOKES!

teams-1.png

This is one season. Braves choke every year. So CHOKE, CHOKE, CHOKE. Atlanta CHOKES!

But dude, your choke supercedes every single choke we've had due to the fact that it is the WORST COLLAPSE IN BASEBALL HISTORY! That's going all the way back to the 1800's! When you can say that your worst moment is the worst of ALL TIME, then that's a dubious dishonor that beats any other choke.

But dude, your choke supercedes every single choke we've had due to the fact that it is the WORST COLLAPSE IN BASEBALL HISTORY! That's going all the way back to the 1800's! When you can say that your worst moment is the worst of ALL TIME, then that's a dubious dishonor that beats any other choke.\

I still look at it as ONCE versus 8000 or however many times you made the playoffs and couldn't get out of the first round or beat worse teams.

teams-1.png

But dude, your choke supercedes every single choke we've had due to the fact that it is the WORST COLLAPSE IN BASEBALL HISTORY! That's going all the way back to the 1800's! When you can say that your worst moment is the worst of ALL TIME, then that's a dubious dishonor that beats any other choke.
Objection -- the Mets have the second-worst collapse ever - the 1995 Angels were worse, and as a certain baseball announcer put it, was so bad that they changed their name.

By the way, now that it's just past 3 PM... now begins...

THE HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER.

Though why the Rox are wearing their vests today is beyond me - shouldn't the postseason call for normal uniforms?

LvZYtbZ.png

But dude, your choke supercedes every single choke we've had due to the fact that it is the WORST COLLAPSE IN BASEBALL HISTORY! That's going all the way back to the 1800's! When you can say that your worst moment is the worst of ALL TIME, then that's a dubious dishonor that beats any other choke.\

I still look at it as ONCE versus 8000 or however many times you made the playoffs and couldn't get out of the first round or beat worse teams.

Hey guys, keep it down? We're trying to play a playoff game here. ^_^

philly.png

PLAYOFFZ? We're arguining about the Braves and you want to talk about PLAYOFFZ! You kiddin me?

^_^

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

It's obvious that all this talking has Cole Hamels rattled.

Ok, there's something I'll never understand.

How is making the playoffs and losing a "choke"? No, choking is giving up a 3-0 series lead. Choking is what the Mets just did. Choking is not making the playoffs for a bunch of years in a row.

I'll just never understand that one, I guess.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Ok, there's something I'll never understand.

How is making the playoffs and losing a "choke"? No, choking is giving up a 3-0 series lead. Choking is what the Mets just did. Choking is not making the playoffs for a bunch of years in a row.

I'll just never understand that one, I guess.

I was just about to say... blowing a 3-0 series lead is a choke. What the Mets had was a meltdown. The Braves did neither. They just Buffalo Bill'ed their way for a decade or so - a great team, just not great enough in any year (save one for the Braves) to win it all.

There's no shame in making the playoffs and losing (well, with the possible exception of the Yanks' blowing the 3-0 lead in 2004). To do so as consistently as Atlanta did, and as the Yankees have done, is admirable no matter the eventual outcome.

nav-logo.png

I think that most people should back off the Braves. From 1991-2005, when the Braves won 14 consecutive division titles, only three teams won more World Series than them. These teams are the Blue Jays, Yankees, and Marlins. In terms of World Series championships, which is why the teams play the game, only three teams were better in that span. People should back off in my opinion. To me, baseball is the most likely out of the "three (formerly four) major sports" where you can have "one of those games." Though baseball is a team game, it is an individual game just as much, if not more. The 1986 Boston Red Sox aren't necessarily labeled as chokers or losers, but Bill Buckner is. Like I said, baseball as a team game while being an individual game, so your starting pitcher may "not have it" for that particular day. They play a 162 game regular season, then a best of 5 and two best of 7 series. The baseball postseason is the biggest crapshoot out of the "three (formerly four) major sports", so I wish people would back off and give the Braves their due because they did win it during their run of division titles. Only three teams were better from 1991-2005 in terms of WS Championships.

Archived