Minnesota Vikings Throwbacks

Joshawaggie

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By far the best looking match-up of the week! Now all the Vikes need is Fran Tarkenton and then they'd really be on to something.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

The new uniforms are miles better. I like how they have more yellow in them.

you're either blind or have no taste. These uniforms are miles better than what they wear now.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Always love the throw back, dont know why teams wear mono-crome or "Denver" type stripes. They all look ugly. Not ONE of them looks good. I hate Phoenix, Minnesota, Atlanta, Denver, who am I missing in the NFL. NCAA- My Kentucky, Louisville, West Virginia I guess I could go on forever. I guess everyone will have these eventually, so we better get used to them :therock:

I really hate being that guy who thinks teams should go back to wearing what they had when he was 10. But I really do like these better. I don't think what they have now is nearly as bad as its made out to be, but when I flip through channels, I still have to remind myself "oh yea... that's the Vikings." In these, they actually look like a team from the NFC North.

you're either blind or have no taste. These uniforms are miles better than what they wear now.

I just like equal use of color. Maybe you're the tasteless one, King.

Nah, I think JQK is right. You are definitely either blind or you have no taste. I am going with no taste. Let's compare.

32011be7-7add-45da-933e-541e5213ac30.jpgnew_uniform_antione_winfield.jpg

You can't be serious.

BB52Big.jpg

I just like equal use of color. Maybe you're the tasteless one, King.

Nah, I think JQK is right. You are definitely either blind or you have no taste. I am going with no taste. Let's compare.

You can't be serious.

Hmmm ... helmet that doesn't match the color of the fabric, leg and arm stripe styles that don't echo one another ... I'm a Minnesotan who's not embarrassed to admit that I want the Vikings to wear what they wore when I was 13, but I just can't see any non-sentimental grounds for preferring the throwback home uni on the left to the current road uni on the right. Better colors, more integrated design, more distinctive overall look, that's strong grounds for calling it the better uniform. I mean, just look at the Packers for an example of how you go about putting stripes on a football uniform. That is how it's done. That was always the problem with the Vikings uniforms: Great pants, great shirt, great helmet, but none of the three really worked well together thanks to mismatched detailing. It's all well and good to prefer the old to the new, as I do in this case, but it's simply ridiculous to hold up these throwbacks as examples of such great uniform design that you'd have to be blind or a tasteless fool not to prefer them.

Of course, I may be a little biased here: I was at Burger King today, and looking at the display of their mini-jerseys, it hit me that the purple Vikings mini jersey was perhaps the second-most-awesome looking one there. I still don't like the actual new Vikings jersey, but it made me think that if the miniature version can look that sweet, then perhaps I've been too harsh in my judgment of the real uni. Catch me tomorrow and maybe I'll be back to hating on the new Vikings unis and pining unconditionally for the return of the old ones! :P

20082614447.png

Lemme say that I am one of the few on this board that DOES like the Vikes new jerseys... which I guess is good cuz I hafta watch them every week. Of course I like the throwbacks, I enjoyed seeing them on the field... but I think the Vikes are right in line now with the modern times, and it's only a matter of time before a majority of the NFL teams update to the modern feel, with few exceptions like the Packers, Bears, etc.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

The thing with this set and the current set is...the set from 2 years ago blows them both away. This set is too plain...the unneeded gray mask, plain white numbers, and the different color looking purples. The new set at least matches the purples better, uses some yellow trims, and that's about it...but like I said, neither are the "better" set.

KISSwall09.jpg

Archived