Patriots Concept

LEWJ

I'm trying to come to a compromise among the eras of the patriots uniforms, without over-doing it, and add some new stuff. The red jerseys, recolored logo, and the pants are all inspired by the early days, the numbers are from the 90s. And the helmet is new. I'm hoping this doesn't look too much like the Texans and/or Giants. The more I look at it though, the more it screams Texans, to me.

[out of date]

C&C Please!

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Not sure if I'm feeling this one. First off the wordmark above the numbers on the away uniform is very hard to read, just leave it blue. I don't think a red jersey and blue pants would look that great on the field, but I think the helmet could work, but just change the facemask from red.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

After seeing, what I think are a lot of simularities to the Texans, I think I'm just gonna totally re-do this. Idk.

What do you think about a white helmet?

Blue Jersey?

Primary Color: Red Or Blue?

Silver or no sliver?

It's going to be hard to do a red white and blue concept that doesn't at least vaguely remind someone of the Texans, Bills, or Giants. Well, no, I take part of that back. No one on this site would do anything that reminded anyone of the Bills' jerseys.

In any case, when I think of the old patriots, I think of the red jerseys. When I think of the new patriots, it the silver that molds their current look. I'd go for some combination of those as your base, while also factoring in the blue. I don't know if you can then get away with a white helmet. Maybe a silver helmet with the old logo would work.

Yea. I look at this today, and tell you the truth, I don't like it too much either haha. I'm thinkin about re-doing it.

I have a couple questions though

1 Sliver or No Silver?

2 This number font?*

3 90s Blue or Current Blue?

4 Primary color: Blue or Red?

5 Is this number font ok?*

dorry didn't know I put that twice lol

1. Silver, but only as an accent color

2. Just not feeling this number font

3. Honestly, I would prefer the current blue

4. I think red would be nice for a change

5. Hmmm....nope, my answer is still no.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

I love the number font, my favorite number font of all the Patriot's jerseys. I'd keep it, you have to tie the era's together somehow. Unless you want to represent the mid 90's jerseys by adding the stripes they had on them, or with the big Patriot logos on the shoulders.

Yea. I look at this today, and tell you the truth, I don't like it too much either haha. I'm thinkin about re-doing it.

I have a couple questions though

1 Sliver or No Silver?

2 This number font?*

3 90s Blue or Current Blue?

4 Primary color: Blue or Red?

5 Is this number font ok?*

dorry didn't know I put that twice lol

1. Silver

2. No

3. Current

4. Blue - Redcoats had red

5. Pick another

I'd stay with the current silver helmet. Looks good...

I never did like red jerseys for the Patriots because the Redcoats were the British.

and i never liked blue jerseys for the lions because real lions are brown

and i never liked green jerseys for the eagles because real eagles are brown and white

and blue for the rams, teal for the jaguars, teal for the dolphins, blue for the bears, et cetera, et cetera..

yes the british wore red, but so did the patriots from around 1960 (their inaugural season) til 1992-ish. It is historically accurate for the team (and when one lists the nations colors, it is most often said as red, white, and blue, so by that there logic, red should be main, followed by white, and blue trim.)

so to my point (if i still have one) color means next to nothing for a team other than that team's identity..

either way, i dont think they should go back to red jerseys for a main, but most definately an alternate (better than the silvers..) i just absolutely hate when people use that logic on the pats wearing red.

This won't work. This would only remind Patriots fans of pre-Dynasty eras. Like the Atlanta Braves, the Patriots current uniforms can mean good teams.

well, coming from a die-hard, life long boston/new england fan (with many friends and relatives the same way), we tend to embrace our teams' histories, even the losing years.. we dont try to forget the bad times at all.. if we did, who would care about ted williams, yaz, pudge? none of them won world series with the red sox, but we dont forget about those years.. i say, if anything, the years of losses made the fans stronger, and the wins that much sweeter..

and the same goes for the pats. even though they never won a super bowl til 2001, i still dont want to forget the past years.. i love to see the team in throwbacks, it reminds me of the teams past, gino capiletti, kicker and wide reciever...

i say never try to erase a team's history, always embrace it.. the good and the bad times.

TDZiMMB.png

I agree with the similarities to the Texans, I believe the problem is in the helmet color. The pats can't have any helmet color other than White or Silver. End of story, well in my opinion. Secondly I agree that the Blue Pants red top does not work so well either. I'd go Red Top silver/white pants. and then with the whites go with red pants.

Whoever mentioned a silver helmet with the Pat the Hiker logo is right, it does work. A local high school team dropped the flying elvis logo in favor of the Pat logo for football at least. There uni's are mainly navy in the Oregon State template from nike. Looks good though.

Well it's not much of a compromise since it is red.

The Patriots used to wear red. <_<

No kidding big guy...I mean that if they wear blue now and used to wear red it's less of a compromise and more onesided towards the red era.

Well it's not much of a compromise since it is red.

The Patriots used to wear red. <_<

No kidding big guy...I mean that if they wear blue now and used to wear red it's less of a compromise and more onesided towards the red era.

Well by your theory, if they wore blue then it wouldn't be a compromise because they wear blue now.

They're gonna have to wear one or the other (unless they decide to wear neon pink or some other useless color). It's a compromise because the the striping is from the current uniforms, the numbers are from the previous, and the red jersey is from the one before. That makes a combination of all 3, or could be considered a... wait for it... wait for it...

COMPROMISE. <_<

Archived