Colorado Rockies' black vests

GeorgesL

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yea, Arizona is wearing their black jersey

Arizona's black jersey >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rockies black > Athletics black (Whether it be the 2000 version or next years)

next year's oakland black jersey? i missed something.

An Oakland team source confirmed Internet speculation that the A's will have a black jersey that will serve as a home alternate jersey next year. The A's had a black alternate jersey in 2000, but next year's will have gold trim and "look much sharper," according to the source.

thanks maj. wow, that's gonna be fantastic!

And the Rockies win anyway. Oh well, gray is just a shade of black. :D

So what's going to happen for Game 3?

I'll have to double check, but I think they were undefeated on the road in pinstripes, too, during this stretch, so wearing those gray jerseys probably had no effect (imagined, or real). The only loss in this hot streak was in the home pinstriped sleeveless, but it got lumped in with the regular home white and the grays as "pinstripes" for the story. But in reality, they haven't lost in the grays, either.

The "unproven" jerseys are the purple (not worn) and the regular home (worn for the first game only, before they realized the streak they were about to go on).

And black is back for Game 3.

Colorado could field a team wearing kilts and pink belly shirts and still kill the competition. They're on a roll regadless of what they wear.

Good god, man, don't give them any ideas. I don't think the Rockies have yet met an ugly uniform idea they haven't adopted. (Though I have seen some excellent black-gray-purple tartans they could wear if they go for the kilts.)

I would go further than InTheEnd -- the Rockies don't have the basis for a good identity with tweaks. No tweaks are necessary. If they would just stick to their regular gray pinstriped roads, their white pinstriped home uniforms (long sleeved), purple cap at all times, and the purple alt jersey, this would be one of the best-dressed teams in baseball, and far and away the best of the 1990s expansion teams. Just that touch of less black, more purple with the purple cap and no black vests and this would be a team as beautiful as Denver itself.

(Though I wouldn't be against some tweaks, like making the purple a bit more red, and adopting a C cap logo, without the R.)

I hope the Rockies have learned their lesson and will wear their real home uniforms when the series goes back to Denver Sunday.

I really love the road jerseys, but I hate the homes. The home jerseys are EXACTLY like the White Sox jerseys, only with different wordmark and front number placement. The pinstripes might be purple (I don't know), but they look black on TV. The numbers are black with a silver outline. Inexcusable. The Rockies primary color is, or should be, purple. Same with the Marlins and aqua. Same with the Blue Jays and blue. They need to stop trying to look like the White Sox.

The worst part of all is how the regular home jersey looks with the front numbers. First of all, I don't think a jersey like this needs front numbers. The Rockies wordmark in its current form doesn't work on a jersey. The letters have the silver slashes in the center, which look white on tv. Having the light marks in the middle of the letters makes them look lighter, and stand out much less. Underneath the letters, they have big block numbers that are solid black with a silver outline. While the wordmark fades into oblivion from any distance, the numbers stand out boldly. The numbers should never stand out more than the wordmark.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

They are wearing their black, and currently winning 6-1.

I hate to say this, cause they swept the phillies, but congarts to the rockies.

Now that makes 3 out of the 4 mlb teams that began in the 90's to reach the world series.

Sadly I highly doubt the other team is making it anytime soon. (Rays)

Has it occured to anyone how the World Series patch is going to look on the black vests?

Thankfully MLB.com gives us an idea:

pMLB2-4174197dt.jpg

Don't like where that patch is located. Looks out of place.

Why not on the black sleeve, of the undershirt?

because they don't sell the shirt, only the vest... can't make extra money on a patch-less vest.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

You'd think they'd make a replica version by now.

Also I always wondered, why is the replica's of vest jersey's have the sleeves attached, thus making it a faux-vest??

I've only seen replicas of faux-vests jerseys with a faux-vest... but then again i haven't been looking recently

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I would love to see them wear at least once this thing of beauty:

COL_4095.gif

The only time I've ever seen the Rockies in person they were wearing this uniform, June 24th of this year.

I think I may have seen these worn in 2003 when the Rox went to Detroit to play the Tigers in Interleague play. Can someone verify if these were worn in 2003?

Has it occured to anyone how the World Series patch is going to look on the black vests?

Thankfully MLB.com gives us an idea:

pMLB2-4174197dt.jpg

:blink: Wow that doesn't look good at all.

Does anyone know the last time the World Series patch was worn on a vest like that, or is this the first time?

Also I always wondered, why is the replica's of vest jersey's have the sleeves attached, thus making it a faux-vest??

I've only seen replicas of faux-vests jerseys with a faux-vest... but then again i haven't been looking recently

All teams that had sleeveless vests had replicas with colored sleeves. The only exception is the White Sox, because they didn't make a replica vest. For the Pirates, and the pre 07 Reds, their replicas have sleeves. It was especially screwed up because the Reds' homes had black sleeves, while the roads had red. It was the opposite of which undershirts they actually wore.
OldRomanSig2.jpg

All teams that had sleeveless vests had replicas with colored sleeves. The only exception is the White Sox, because they didn't make a replica vest. For the Pirates, and the pre 07 Reds, their replicas have sleeves. It was especially screwed up because the Reds' homes had black sleeves, while the roads had red. It was the opposite of which undershirts they actually wore.

Well sometime they dont update the picture's of the jerseys.

I got a royals road jersey a few years ago, the picture had blue sleeves, but it came with the black sleeves.

I was ok with it having black sleeves for a bit, but it would look better with blue sleeves, or no sleeves,. hmm I wonder how much it would cost to get the sleeves removed.

DENVER ? Few of us will ever get the chance to touch history. But as the Colorado Rockies prepare for their first World Series in franchise history, history is coming down to the details.

For 15 years, Denver Athletic has been the caretaker of the Rockies team jerseys.

"We deal with a lot of teams in Colorado, but when you go to the big game and you've got a part in it and you've got to help them out," said Nathan Montgomery, manager of Denver Athletic, "it's exciting and it's important."

Montgomery doesn't need to look twice at what he is doing. Friday he methodically placed each patch under the iron before sending it to the sewing machine.

It is a patch he has never touched, until now. It says World Series on it.

"To tell you the truth, I really didn't, along with other people, think that the Rockies would go this far, but along with everybody else, they've made us all believers so I'm excited for them," said Montgomery.

"Are you kidding me?" said Mick Montgomery, the owner and president of Denver Athletic. He is also Nathan's brother. "This is pretty cool stuff. I mean, who would have dreamt that this would happen in this town? I mean for us to be involved in this is phenomenal. It's huge."

They put the World Series patches on 170 jerseys. They are the same jerseys the Rockies have been wearing all season, but now, the details make them look a little different - a bit more historic.

The patch is on the right sleeve of the jerseys with sleeves, on the hot black jerseys, it is on the upper left chest, a reminder of the reality of one magical season.

"These guys aren't done yet. It's phenomenal. I don't know if this will ever happen again, in my lifetime anyway, but this is fun stuff. This is good," said Mick Montgomery.

The patches will be for sale at the Denver Athletic store in Englewood on Monday.

World Series Patch

15.jpg

071019051002_10-19-07-patches.jpg

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

And considering that Red Sox nor Indians have anything black in their uniforms to wear, we'll be seeing the black vest for every game of the WS.

I severely dislike those unis, but until they start losing in them, we're gonna see them over and over.

And considering that Red Sox nor Indians have anything black in their uniforms to wear, we'll be seeing the black vest for every game of the WS.

I severely dislike those unis, but until they start losing in them, we're gonna see them over and over.

True, true, true. Fashion takes a back seat to the belief that a hideous black vest means never losing a baseball game ever again.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived