Super bowl commercials

IowaFan26

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just watch channel CBS and I get them fine.  Apparently anywhere east of Halifax gets them worry free.

Nobody I know ever knew there was an FCC regulation in place until you told me about it last year.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

East of Halifax eh?  That doesn't leave a whole lot of prime Super Bowl commercial space in the great white north.   *pouts*

It's actually not a FCC regulation, but a CRTC regulation, Canada's version of the FCC.   But they make an excellent point, nobody would watch the thousand dollar canadian commercials on Global, when they could watch the million dollar commercials on CBS/FOX/ABC/etc.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

For the Canadians, if you watch Sportsnet News now, they'll be replaying the best Super Bowl commercials of today. They used the farting horse one in the bumper.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I was watching the rebroadcast... and no, no great commercials. I did see the Donkey-"I wanna be a Clydesdale" commercial, and the Bud-Ref's Explanations ones, but otherwise, not much other than a couple of boring Nissan commercials.
WINnipegSigBanner.gif

There is  a post Super Bowl commericla they are showing on ESPN that is slick.It feature A-Rod, Derke Jeter and Josh Beckte playing whiffle ball inside a house talking about the Super Bowl and some of teh commericals.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

i need to get a Caddi so i can break the speed of sound.

it's really funny how all the car commercials were of speeding, powersliding, and other bad things the DMV and police don't prefer you to do (but we do anyway, haha!).

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

OK... someone explain this to me.. why does ANYONE like the clydesdale one? It was dumb as P to the L to the O to the P

Recap:

I'm a donkey. I wanna be a clydesdale, because they are huge and awesome. I dress like a clydesdale, and try to walk like them. I get to to meet them. I say "heeehawwwwwnk" and now, i get to help pull the sled. Huh?

Dumb.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

This is from AdBowl ranking their top ten commercials from last night's game. They ranked each on a 5 point scale.

1 Budweiser ? Donkey Dream 3.9060

2 Budweiser ? Dog Fetch 3.9054

3 Bud Light ? Sleigh Ride 3.8072

4 Frito Lay ? Dentures 3.5911

5 Chevrolet ? New Chevy Pickup (Soap) 3.5242

6 Budweiser ? Referee 3.5076

7 Pepsi ? The Bears 3.4909

8 White House Office of Nat. Drug Control 3.3579

9 Anheuser Busch ? Tim McGraw Designated Driver 3.3273

10 Bud Light ? Cedric's Spa Treatment 3.3247

Another fun site to check out is Super Bowl Ads.com. They have results on commercials from the past six years, including poll results on which ones were the best.

sig09.jpg

All of the freakin' Cadillac commercials were TERRIBLE. Like that one advertising the new convertible with the three cars meeting at the intersection, flying towards each other surrounded by WATER? WTF? It's like they hired some French indy film director to make these. I say, good for them though. Ugly cars deserve horrible commercials so no one will buy them.

The only ones I really cared for at all were the AOL/Chopper commercials. No one's trying anymore.

I thought the farting horse one was the funniest, and half the people at the party I attended (myself included) shouted  "Beefareno!" in response.

Frankly, my favorite commercial was the IBM ad featuring Muhammad Ali.  My wife can attest to the fact that I had goosebumps.

I'm in favor of saying NO REPEATS on the superbowl. If it has EVER aired bfore, no go for the SB. buy two ad slots? make two ads. Don't play it again.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

All of the freakin' Cadillac commercials were TERRIBLE. Like that one advertising the new convertible with the three cars meeting at the intersection, flying towards each other surrounded by WATER? WTF?

wasn't this in the Matrix movies last year?  i haven't seen them, but it looks like it would of been...

*Professor Frink (the Simpsons)* "with the woo-shing, the swi-shing, an' the ahhh do-ieee"

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

Farting Horse was good. Cedric was good again, The Donkey was ok, Supply Mafia was cool...

It was an above average super bowl for commercials.. there were alot of good ones, not too many bad ones...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

CC97

It's actually not a FCC regulation, but a CRTC regulation, Canada's version of the FCC.   But they make an excellent point, nobody would watch the thousand dollar canadian commercials on Global, when they could watch the million dollar commercials on CBS/FOX/ABC/etc.

In Calgary you can get a US feed for all the major networks, so you get all the Super bowl commercials just fine

ManchesterCity_10Sig.png

I must have missed that monkey commerical when I went for a snack break.

budweiser or bud light. i'll look for a link. usatoday.com has all of 'em.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/front-admeter.htm  the center right area shows each brand.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

Archived