Urban Baseball League

leopard88

Well the league only needs a team called The Black Faces or The Burnt Corks and we'll be able to hear martin luther roll over.

Martin Luther has no idea what you are talking about. fooligan, indeed.

I decided to let that pass. Me and my silly desire to play nice.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Well the league only needs a team called The Black Faces or The Burnt Corks and we'll be able to hear martin luther roll over.

I decided to let that pass. Me and my silly desire to play nice.

(but in German... Ein Minuten, bitte...)

philly.png

Martin_Luther.jpg

Thank you for taking care of this idiot.

jongarlanduj6.jpg

Martin_Luther.jpg

.. you're calling Martin Luther an idiot?... (this is why the comma is useful at times ^_^)

I saw, I came, I left.

Great, more injecting race where it doesn't belong. It's just baseball, and that's the kind of divisiveness that quite bluntly breeds resentment in a lot of white America. There's no need for a "rebirth" of the Negro Leagues, because the original was necessitated in the first place for all the wrong reasons. Oh well, it won't last long anyway.

Not wanting to breed resentment in white america is not a good reason to not do something. This country would never have made much progress without breeding resentment in white america.

Likewise, breeding resentment in white America is not a good reason to do something, either. Hell, breeding resentment in anybody is probably not a good way to endear yourself. I'm not saying that's what DeShields and Boyd are doing here, but too many people seem too eager to piss off their neighbor to score some imaginary win. Leave the Negro Leagues where they belong: in the past.

I don't know, breeding resentment in white America is kind of fun...

But anyway, I definitely appreciate your point. But I'm not sure that an urban league as an homage to the Negro leagues is such a bad thing, as terrible as the reasons for the original Negro Leagues were. Certainly it could be done better and with classier and more respectful team names, as has been pointed out.

Martin_Luther.jpg

.. you're calling Martin Luther an idiot?... (this is why the comma is useful at times ^_^)

Actually, a comma wouldn't have helped anything. He was calling fooligan an idiot. A comma would've had him calling fiasco an idiot.

Actually, a comma wouldn't have helped anything. He was calling fooligan an idiot. A comma would've had him calling fiasco an idiot.

ok.... so what does that make Martin Luther?

I saw, I came, I left.

Dead!

:D

The founder of the religious sect I was baptized into.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived