Charlotte Bobcats Arena court question

VandyDelphia Mike

Compare these three photos. One from a Bobcats game, the other two from UNC/Davidson in Charlotte.

071113_30.jpg

capt.820bbd2d7a2d4089b43b99a94af6a654.n_carolina_davidson_basketball_nccb108.jpgcapt.3a98f69e5c0f428eab4f0d7db47fc556.n_carolina_davidson_basketball_nccb106.jpg

I get that the Charlotte arena may host college games, and the fewer lines the better for aesthetic purposes. If it's two separate courts - why all the Bobcats markings, and the Bobcats website on the sideline of the college court? It seems like a tremendous amount of trouble to go to when the arena isn't home to a college program full-time.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Maybe the only interchangeable parts of the court are the outer edges and the inner part where the Bobcats logo is, is the only pieces that are shared with both courts.

The panels for a portable floor are generally 4' x 8', so it is that hard to replace the panels for college specs.

I can't study this picture because that entails looking at the Bobcats court, which makes me sick.

But stomaching it as long as I can, I see that both courts have the two-tone across the arc, and it looks like a real pinch in the college court... I can imagine that they have interchangable pieces that aren't in the same dimensions (i.e. not rectangular, but maybe larger pieces with the curve of the arc), and it might be different because it's a new arena.

I don't know, it's a mystery. Really good find though.

I think it's pretty obvious that they do not have entirely seperate (but nearly identical) courts for the pro and college games. There are just a few pieces that change out.

Now, I did wonder while watching the UNC game why they didn't just go ahead and replace the Bobcats logo in the center with a generic jump circle and/or change "Charlote Bobcats" on the end lines to just read "Charlotte"? It's like they did it kind of half-assed.

I think it's pretty obvious that they do not have entirely seperate (but nearly identical) courts for the pro and college games. There are just a few pieces that change out.

Now, I did wonder while watching the UNC game why they didn't just go ahead and replace the Bobcats logo in the center with a generic jump circle and/or change "Charlote Bobcats" on the end lines to just read "Charlotte"? It's like they did it kind of half-assed.

Do it half-assed....The American Way!

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

If the Bobcats own the building (and I don't know if that's true), why wouldn't they want their logo and name all over a court that was going to be nationally televised?

It's marketing.

And that IS the American Way.

Good point. The city of Charlotte actually owns the arena but the Bobcats "operate" it which means I guess they can put anything on the court that they want.

If the Bobcats own the building (and I don't know if that's true), why wouldn't they want their logo and name all over a court that was going to be nationally televised?

It's marketing.

And that IS the American Way.

Good point. The city of Charlotte actually owns the arena but the Bobcats "operate" it which means I guess they can put anything on the court that they want.

correct.

and Davidson (the home team) did have the white rectangles with red/black logos on the court.

besides, it all may be moot in a few weeks if/when TimeWarner Cable announce naming rights and they rename the building, court, etc

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

Archived