Winnipeg v Saskatchewan

Lee.

Go the Bombers.

Especially since Greg can't spell "Grey Cup".

You'd be surprised of what Greg's capable when he gives a crap . . . probably won't bother to capitalise it, though - and God forbid Andy Fantuz has a good game, because GMac won't shut up about it 'til June. ;)

Normally, I'd be for Saskatchewan, Kerry Joseph, and the lunatics that attended the Eskimos game (who probably still have soakers), but I'd like to see Dinwiddie rise to the occasion and make a contest out of it.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Go the Bombers.

You'd be surprised of what Greg's capable when he gives a crap . . . probably won't bother to capitalise it, though - and God forbid Andy Fantuz has a good game, because GMac won't shut up about it 'til June. ;)

Normally, I'd be for Saskatchewan, Kerry Joseph, and the lunatics that attended the Eskimos game (who probably still have soakers), but I'd like to see Dinwiddie rise to the occasion and make a contest out of it.

Blow me... lol... When did I misspell Grey Cup? Totally lost me there... as for the "soaking" I was there and I'll never for get that as long as I live, not to many other stadiums in any league will have people hiding under the stands with just cell phones for light singing and chanting...

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

If this were an American game, it'd be Grey Cup XCV.

/got nothing

/no dog in the fight, but will definitely be watching

I hate to sound like and idiot, although it usually doesn't stop me, but where can I find the game on TV? I'd like to watch it.

http://www.cfl.ca/index.php?module=page&id=314

I watch it (the CFL) via streaming video on the web myself, thanks to a site someone hooked me up with a while back.

nav-logo.png

Well, I was hoping for the BC Lions to make it back, but alas, it was not to be.

I am thinking the Riders will pull it away, if you had said to me these two teams would have meet in this final two weeks ago, I would have said the Bombers. But it's going to be a daunting task for the Big Blue with Kevin Glenn out of commission.....

UBwef0L.png

Go the Bombers.

Blow me... lol... When did I misspell Grey Cup? Totally lost me there... as for the "soaking" I was there and I'll never for get that as long as I live, not to many other stadiums in any league will have people hiding under the stands with just cell phones for light singing and chanting...

For those of us Yanks that can't get much CFL coverage in the states...what is this soaker incident you are talking about?

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

Go the Bombers.

For those of us Yanks that can't get much CFL coverage in the states...what is this soaker incident you are talking about?

Picture it, Sicily 1953.... wait wait wait thats not right...

Dateline Regina, August 18th, 2007... The Riders are hosting the hapless Edmonton Eskimos at beautiful Mosaic Stadium at Taylor Field (I know i hate it too)... The night before I drove through the worst storm around Saskatoon I have seen in sometime on my way home from jasper but the forecast for game day was pretty pleasant... it got cloudy by kick off at 8 and about second quarter it started raining lightly at first fortunately the girl i was with was paranoid enough to bring an umbrella... so it was all good they played on and the rain stopped... then about half way in the third quarter it started raining again... the riders were down... it started raining harder then near the end of teh quarter it was coming down really bad edmonton fumbles a punt attempt sask recovers deep in edmonton territory the officials direct the teams into the locker rooms cuz its monsoon conditions... then all of a sudden the sky lights up like its noon then nothing but black... basically the entire down town of regina was hit by a black out... and no one was leaving fans were cheering some took refuge under the stands while others stayed in the driving rain... they sang they chanted and over an hour of phone calls between game officials and the cfl head office did they decide to continue the game once the power came on... the riders and eskimos came out to a drenched but yet still fired up crowd and finished the game with the riders getting 3 unanswered scores to take the win in the final frame... most of the country never saw the end of the game because an executive in toronto decided that the rest of canada could continue to watch the crappy movie they had on, only the saskatchewan markets got to see the remainder of game not even the opposing market of edmonton... teh rider radio crew went above and beyond during the power outage by calling back to the station on a cell phone to keep the broadcast going because fortunately the station still had power...

and now some youtube clips

and cbc's feed

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

... most of the country never saw the end of the game because an executive in toronto decided that the rest of canada could continue to watch the crappy movie they had on

Forgot about that. I wasted a couple of hours waiting for the game to resume so I could score it for the TNFF.

That whole incident reminds me of a Riders game I was at in Ottawa sometime in the late 80's - early 90's. An electrical storm interrupted the game and blacked out part of downtown, but being Ottawa, most of the fans ran for cover at the first hint of rain and never came back to their wet seats. :D

OH that game back in August? I was like wtf when the rain and lightning came on.. I though the game was suspended for sure but found out the next day and was pissed... I do remmy there was a repeat of that game shown as a result of the angry calls from viewers or so?

Anyways... let's hope the Grey Cup game will get the fireworks going good.. wooo...

Speaking of Ottawa, last I heard someone was working on bringing the team back for maybe 2009 or so .. but under another new name!!! not the Renegades as was used from 2002-2005... so.. wouldnt be surprised if the old Rough Riders name return somehow...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Did I mention I'm going?

It'll end up costing me nearly $2000 all told for 3 nights (almost $1000 airfare, $350 Grey Cup ticket, $40 Vanier Cup ticket, $360 hotel... and I haven't had a bite to eat or bought my Raptors-Bulls' ticket yet), which is ludicrous for anything but this.

A long time ago I promised myself if the Bombers ever made it, I'd be there to see it. Last time they were in a Cup, I was 15, and the last time they won I was 5. So now I've got to pay up. Fortunately I'm young, single, my degree's under my belt and I'm getting paid decently.

I almost bailed on the plan when Kevin Glenn got hurt. But then Milt Stegall came on the TV screen, and I remembered that Kevin Glenn was never the biggest reason I would be going, even if the Bombers' chances at victory are theoretically diminished without him out there.

So if the camera pans by section 241, row 9, seat 8, look for the guy with a blue #85 jersey and a blue face (from yelling, of course - face paint is for children).

Oh, and my brother dreamed the other night that Jamie Stoddard, #88 for the Blue crew, caught the game-winning pass on a broken play with no time on the clock and the Bombers down by 6. As for me, I'm just hoping for a replay of the Banjo Bowl.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I wish I could go. My days of attending major sports events like Super Bowls, Grey Cups, big fights, Stanley Cup finals, etc., are pretty much over now that I'm approaching 40 and have a wife and kid.

I'm not complaining or anything... just wishing I could drop everything and go like I used to.

You'd be surprised how many family men and women drop everything in life and go to Grey Cup; in any city but Toronto, the game is secondary to the festivities.

Also, if it were anyone but Phil going, I'd advise to bring an extra liver, but he's a Mennonite; they don't drink, all they do is gamble ;)

Welcome to DrunjFlix

So if the camera pans by section 241, row 9, seat 8, look for the guy with a blue #85 jersey and a blue face (from yelling, of course - face paint is for children).

You'll be sitting right next to the scoreboard, and the windows restaurant... think left-centre field for baseball.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

I hope that the 'Bombers will win, as I dislike anything that has to do with the 'Riders. That, and I love the Blue Bombers uniforms, and I really hate anyone from Regina. When we went to Canada for vacation last year, we drove thru their, and they all seemed really mean for some reason. It might of just been me, but either way, it should be a competitive game.

nhlvquebec2mw0.pngnhlpittsburghmo1.pngmlsnewenglandei8.pngnflbaltimoreff1.pngncaaohiostatepx4.png

Interesting Baseball fact: In 1960: Baltimore, Milwaukee, Cincinnati, and Pittsburgh had 2 AAA affiliates, while Los Angeles had 3 teams...and the New York Yankees had the Kansas City Athletics.

Interesting Hockey fact: In 1974, the Buffalo Sabres draft Taro Tsujimoto of the Toyko Katanas with th 183 pick in the draft. It was later revealed that Taro didn't exist, but Taro is still listed as an offical draftee of the Buffalo Sabres in their Media Guide.

Saskatchewan is going to win after the Bluebombers quaterback broke his wrist against the Argos, if that didn't happen then the Bluebombers would win

There's a reason they still play the games on the field... Labour Day was a narrow victory by the 'Riders, Banjo Bowl a blowout for the Big Blue.

Dinwiddie under centre makes a big difference, but he's an unknown, and that's both an advantage and a disadvantage. His inexperience didn't seem to hurt him too much against the vaunted Argos defence, and although Saskatchewan has an entire week to prepare for him, they don't exactly have a wealth of game film from which to distill his tendencies and weaknesses.

Oh, and keep an eye out for our very own GMac's signature on these very boards. He lost a bet two years ago on a TNFF game between my Wolves and his Plowboys, and now he's going to pay for it at the... best... possible... time... B)

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

You'd be surprised how many family men and women drop everything in life and go to Grey Cup; in any city but Toronto, the game is secondary to the festivities.

Also, if it were anyone but Phil going, I'd advise to bring an extra liver, but he's a Mennonite; they don't drink, all they do is gamble ;)

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised. Back when I used to go to Super Bowls (thanks to a cousin who worked in the original Browns front office), I'd get into the Commissioner's Party and a bunch of other events - and I invariably had a better time at those than at the game itself.

But the real question is if Phil gambles on other people's drinking...?

nav-logo.png

Phil....dang ya in Toronto already for the Vanier Cup and also the Grey Cup!?!? dang I would have loved to be there to root for both the Bisons and Bombers too.. ahh merde.... it's cool to know someone from here is watching the 2 games live... dang...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Archived