Nike + IIHF; how long?

Mat

Does anyone know with the announcement of the sale of the Bauer division of Nike, how long Nike will produce the official IIHF jerseys? How long the contract is for?

(off topic, but does anyone know how the sizing on these jerseys works?)

Canada is getting a new jersey for the World Juniors. Thats the only confirmed country that I know of at the moment.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Does anyone know with the announcement of the sale of the Bauer division of Nike, how long Nike will produce the official IIHF jerseys? How long the contract is for?

By sizing, do you mean the Swifts or the authentic sizing like 48, 52, etc.?

If it's the former, buy the same size you would normally. The length will be screwed up if you get anything else. If you are going to be wearing it over pads, then maybe go a size up. You will have a longer jersey but regular space in the elbow pad area, which fits very differently than traditional jerseys.

If one goes by the big sale on IIHF jerseys that River City Sports is offering right now, I'd say the contract is ending pretty quick....

swift-box-us-cz-sw.jpg

Homer%20Simpson%20Sabres.jpg

Canada is getting a new jersey for the World Juniors. Thats the only confirmed country that I know of at the moment.

Where did you see this news?

I wonder who will have the IIHF rights now that Nike is selling Bauer. Hve the IIHF rights been sold?

Juventus.png

Where did you see this news?

I wonder who will have the IIHF rights now that Nike is selling Bauer. Hve the IIHF rights been sold?

I have my sources. I believe Nike is still supplying them, they are just changing the designs because, well, they can. I was not told anything about another supplier.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Oh god, I hope RBK doesn't touch the international jerseys. The NIKE swift template minus the vertical sock striping is the a far more superior template than the RBK piping crap template. Futhermore Nike has a history of fine jersey desings..(pre swift) for the international game. And Nike's soccer kits are just drooool...

Oh god, I hope RBK doesn't touch the international jerseys. The NIKE swift template minus the vertical sock striping is the a far more superior template than the RBK piping crap template. Futhermore Nike has a history of fine jersey desings..(pre swift) for the international game. And Nike's soccer kits are just drooool...

Choosing between a Nike Swift and a Reebok Edge is like choosing between a heart attack or a stroke.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I have heard that since the 2008 World Championships (in Canada) will mark the 100 year anniversary of the IIHF, each team will be required to wear a vintage jersey for at least one game.

Setting aside the question of whether this means that Russia, Latvia, Ukraine and Belarus will all don the CCCP red, this surely must indicate that the hated Swifties will not be worn throughtout the entire tournament.

Either that, or Nike Ugliness is about to be raised to a new level.

I simply cannot see this jersey accomodating any kind of vintage design.

• 2 weeks later...

umm... i'm pretty sure canada won't unveil new uniforms until the 2010 olympics... at least that's how it's been the last 3 times.

they're unveiled sometime in the summer or fall before the winter olympics... i really doubt they would bust out new jerseys without even hyping anything or even mentioning it - not good for sales.

I think Nike is now holding off for some reason... they were supposed to have the new sets by now but I think something went wrong and its been pushed back. There will be new sets long before the 2010 oympics, I just don't know at the moment when the new date is for the unvailing. My source is not wrong, Nike could have just changed their mind due to their selling off of the Bauer division.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

My source is not wrong.

Has your source ever been right? :P

Hey now... I have been right about half of the stuff! Its not my fault Nike and Reebok have changed their minds on some things. ^_^

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

My source is not wrong.

Has your source ever been right? :P

Hey now... I have been right about half of the stuff! Its not my fault Nike and Reebok have changed their minds on some things. ^_^

I guess not all of Nike's recent hockey output is garbage--the Minnesota Gophers just switched back to Nike and Nike didn't force them into getting Swifts (YET). The primarys stayed the same, but with the Swoosh. The thirds harken back to the 2002 thirds with the cursive "Minnesota," though they are slightly different. I guess if the Gophers were actually good this year, people might have noticed. I'm just glad because the Nike replicas are much better than the Easton or Mission ones.

DABZCIVWWCYYWKQ.20071105211614.jpg

RYBIHAWRNDXVTSD.20071213192921.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

• 1 month later...
I think Nike is now holding off for some reason... they were supposed to have the new sets by now but I think something went wrong and its been pushed back. There will be new sets long before the 2010 oympics, I just don't know at the moment when the new date is for the unvailing. My source is not wrong, Nike could have just changed their mind due to their selling off of the Bauer division.

I spoke with the owner of a local sports merchandise store, and he told me that the new Nike IIHF jerseys will be coming out for the World Championships in May, so those of you wishing for Reebok to take over are out of luck. I think Nike will probably hold on to the jersey production aspect of it's hockey operations and only sell the "Bauer" part of the company. For what it's worth, the technology behind the authentic swift jerseys works (I own two of them, well three if you include a practice jersey), so if they could only do something about the aesthetic part they'd have a winner. Let's see what they come up with. I'm guessing they'll be out sometime in early April.

Archived