George Mitchell Report

OB33

Here's one question I have about the lists credibility.

Rick Ankiel, Troy Glaus, and I think it was Gary Matthews, Jr. had all been connected to HGH within the last year or so. They each had varying reasons or denials. The MLB announced very recently that these three players would not be suspended because there was not enough evidence.

Well now, this list may have Ankiel's and Glaus' names on them. If there wasn't enough evidence to suspend them, what's the amount of evidence needed to implicate them in this report?

Just would seem strange to me.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's the leaked list, still being confirmed, from wnbc new york:

Brady Anderson

Kerry Wood

There are far, far more, but the leaks are being clarified. Stay tuned.

No Twins, save for Matt Lawton, who tested positive while a Yankee.

D'oh! And, of course, Juan Rincon--briefly the most notable postive tester.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Here's one question I have about the lists credibility.

Rick Ankiel, Troy Glaus, and I think it was Gary Matthews, Jr. had all been connected to HGH within the last year or so. They each had varying reasons or denials. The MLB announced very recently that these three players would not be suspended because there was not enough evidence.

Well now, this list may have Ankiel's and Glaus' names on them. If there wasn't enough evidence to suspend them, what's the amount of evidence needed to implicate them in this report?

Just would seem strange to me.

I see what you are saying. This morning on Mike and Mike, Buster Olney (I think) was telling a story of someone who had written a check to that Mets Clubhouse guy and the player said that it could have been a tip or for a food run or something, but that he had never bought steroids. If this (unnnamed) player is on the list for this reason and this reason alone, then it seems like a witch hunt.

Hopefully there is something stronger than that to back most of it up, otherwise, I'll be compelled to assume that there is a minority of accused players that are innocent and therefore, assume that of each one.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

This list isn't a case-by-case of eyewitnesses admitting to have seen these players inject or whatnot, this list I believe is compiled of people who have paid to acquire it. Obviously that's still very damning evidence, but I believe the main pipeline connecting these names to steroids are courtesy of the money trail.

UPDATE:

MLB has told WNBC (list leakers) that there are errors on the last. The report will be on ESPN or you can listen to it on your local sports talk radio stations. I know that 670thescore.com will be streaming it.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Frank Thomas

I would be shocked to find The Big Hurt's name on the list. Frank's always been a big guy, and had noted struggles with his weight through his career. He's always been more pudgy than cut and monstrous.

If Bonds, McGwire, and Sosa aren't on the report, it's a waste of time, effort, and money. And I just can't wait for the Bud Selig Excuse Parade that will follow, where he'll say in so many words, "Major League Baseball is not here today to talk about the past."

Frank Thomas? I really doubt it. Look at his power numbers. Career high in homeruns? 43. In an era where Brady Anderson hit 51 with the help of steroids how many would a guy who could hit like Thomas and be that size have hit if he were on steroids? He's been injured a lot, and he's had some down years. I may be way wrong but I don't think Frank Thomas' numbers look like those of a steroid user.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

I've got WFAN streaming now. They just said they're not getting a list.

Surprise surprise....

(serves leakers right)

Oh...and those media types who say they will not consider anyone listed in this report for the Hall of Fame are pretty much cowards and taking the easy way out, rather than making a judgment call on each player like they are supposed to do with or without steroids.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

In general I feel that if they are not going to begin to test for HGH..this list means nothing. What is "Baseball's" solution for the problem?

If the list is true... it makes Bonds' scenario look like only HE was targeted. We can all agree that Bonds got larger and showed signs of massive growth. Belle, Pudge, Boone, Anderson, Clemens, Bagwell also showed these "same signs". Again, baseball is really not doing themselves any favors.

Archived