Official AFL season 2008 thread

kingroadz

I know I didnt start the other 2 threads, but someone had to. its that time again when we have a look at the changes in the upcoming season. We have already seen Melbournes new strip and logo for 2008, but was having a look at the new Puma collar design on club jumpers. Im not a fan but i suppose with the new fan-dangle uniforms coming out it was only a matter of time til it happened in the AFL. here are some i found:

swans2.jpg

swans.jpg

hawks.jpg

eagles.jpg

bombers.jpg

artest.jpg

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
St Kilda and Geelong are with ISC

Melbournes gone to Reebok

Is Brisbane still with Puma?

Yeah they are but i couldnt find a pic of the new jersey, but i know they are goin to the same design. it would be silly for them to only change 4 out of 5 to the new design.

artest.jpg

I'm assuming that top Swannies is merely a training guernsey. and is it just me, or is the white stripe on St. Kilda thinner than usual?

yeh, that new collar seems like it'll be an acquired taste. on Sydney's game jumper, as well as Essendon, it looks great...however on the training jumper above it, the collar looks like garbage (but then, so does the rest of that jumper). It looks passable on Hawthorn, and actually works pretty well for WCE.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I'm assuming that top Swannies is merely a training guernsey

Definitely is.

Adelaide's red menace is no more, replaced with the bastard child of said jumper and the Crows' old preseason strip...

(ignore Hart's 34, that's the home strip)

possiblecrowsaway08.jpg0,,5784717,00.jpg

I've said it before and I'll say it again: those Adidas side panels look ridiculous on Adelaide.

I thought it was the arena football league too, but those adelaide jersey look awful.

Everything about that franchise is awful.

Port Adelaide will have Bianco as the new major sponsor on the front of the jumper for home games and on the back for away games. It also appears the old Reebok logo will be used on the front of the jumper instead of the R'bk design worn last year, unless of course this is a mock-up.

6ozj2b6.jpg

I thought it was the arena football league too, but those adelaide jersey look awful.

Everything about that franchise is awful.

Port Adelaide will have Bianco as the new major sponsor on the front of the jumper for home games and on the back for away games. It also appears the old Reebok logo will be used on the front of the jumper instead of the R'bk design worn last year, unless of course this is a mock-up.

6ozj2b6.jpg

I think the Reebok teams will have the old Reebok logo on their jumpers. I've seen Melbourne's and they're using that and I think the Kangaroos and Fremantle are doing the same thing based on some of their 2008 merchandise.

I saw, I came, I left.

• 1 month later...

The league has announced that Geelong will be the first team to wear a gold league logo on their jumpers in recognition of their status as reigning premiers.

0,1658,5866575,00.jpg

All Geelong players (regardless of participation in the 2007 Grand Final) will get the gold logo on their match day jumpers, but replicas will carry the standard red logo.

Geelong have their new 'old' logo on both of their jumpers, the Away jumper you've probably seen.

Geelong-uniforms-2008.gif

Richmond also have a new logo, celebrating 100 years, on all of their jumpers in 2008.

Richmond-Home-2008.gif

Brisbane will wear Fitzroy jumpers in Melbourne games.

Front-Fitz.gif

And sorry Matt, that thinner White stripe in the middle of the StKilda jumpers is in every version I've seen so far.

It appears permanent.

You'll also notice the black striping on the collars and cuffs is also missing.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Would look better being silver seeing that is the colour of the premiership cup, but still it's a ridiculous concept. The premiership winning team unveils the flag at their first home game of the following year which I think is enough because really it's time to get on with the season at hand. I wonder if they will make the badge gold on the premiership badges if Geelong are to make it again?

Oh and any word in heritage round this year Mero? Surely they will put something like this on being the 150th celebration year and whatnot.

Would look better being silver seeing that is the colour of the premiership cup, but still it's a ridiculous concept. The premiership winning team unveils the flag at their first home game of the following year which I think is enough because really it's time to get on with the season at hand. I wonder if they will make the badge gold on the premiership badges if Geelong are to make it again?

Oh and any word in heritage round this year Mero? Surely they will put something like this on being the 150th celebration year and whatnot.

Yes, it will even be called Tom Wills Round.

So it's going to be the earliest jumpers for each team.

And most likely, some teams will not participate, or will be wearing the same jumpers as previous years.

These are only my concepts for the round, but some are going to be pretty close.

Wills-game1.gif

Wills-Game2.gif

Wills-Game3.gif

Wills-Game4.gif

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Archived