Revolution FC

Krona

This is a sexy logo.

I hate to say it, but I second the request to change the cream to white. With the cream, everything just mushes together, and doesn't pop.

Actually, what you could do is keep the cream on the inner-outline, and on the outer-outline, change it from white to cream.

I'm not sure about the name change, as well. With that in mind, I'm not a fan of European names for North American teams. It's not called the MLF...

For the wordmark:

NEW ENGLAND

REVOLUTION

you get the idea.

GREAT job, overall.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

Here's the white version I worked up as well as a different lettermark in the shield:

Revolution-Crisp.jpg

Revs-side-by-side.jpg

I tried the cream as an antiqued color. Think tea-stained. I used a brighter red and some grey on this and I agree it pops a lot better.

The top of the crest was intended to look like a colonial era sign, but it has a smidge of tri-corner to it. As for the name, it wasnt really the euro sound for me as much as Revolution FC sounds pretty cool. I haven't really tried a quartered shield, and was most concerned with each quarter being filled, but not too much

Wow that's fantastic. I love the whole design. I agree the white version of the logo is definitely better, but I do like the cream and would like to see a little worked in somehow. Also, just a suggestion, maybe try horizontal or wavy red stripes for the bottom right of the shield. Just curious what that would look like. One more thing, what's that font called for the numbers on the kits? I have a similar one but I don't think it's quite right, thanks, and great work!

This is a really cool concept. I think the current Revs logo is getting kinda dated, and also it doesn't really re-size well for different uses.

I hope you don't mind but I had an idea for a secondary logo to go along with urs and whipped it up quick for you to see. sorry its a little sloppy:

nefc_alt1.jpg

nefc_alt2.jpg

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Revs-side-by-side.jpg

The white version here is a piece of brilliant. A few suggestions, if you don't mind:

- Take the silver out of the ball area, just leave it without the inner lines. It's the only place you have the silver, so it looks out of place.

- Change the "FC" surrounding the R to "NE," as they've used "New England Revolution" far too long.

- Find a way to make the red more prevalent in the striping pattern in the lower right. Maybe even just inverting the stripes, so that the patten ends with the red, rather than the white.

Overall, this is a solid, solid concept. I love the top, the fact that it mimics the revolution-era caps while the whole shield has that "old-tyme" shop sign feel you said you were going for. This is miles better than what they currently use, especially the wordmark (even if it is a bit on the simplistic side).

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Very nice, very nice. I really like this concept as I never really liked the NE crest. I personally prefer the white version also. I like it more because on the kits the cream and white don't look good together in my opinion. Also I'm not sure how the MLS font works but I know that in the premiership only a few colours are used on the number font and I don't think cream is one of them. Anyway just my two cents. As I've said, good work on this I can't wait to see the final product.

AtlantaThrashers.pngManchesterUnited_10Sig.png

Also I'm not sure how the MLS font works but I know that in the premiership only a few colours are used on the number font and I don't think cream is one of them.

The cream numbers were intended to be more of a gold, as is the third kit, ala boro's change this season.

this is a really nice conecpt, much prefer the gold colour on the badge, think it give it more class. the shirts are great too, especially the hooped one.

the whole concept gives the team a much clearer sense of identity, something i think most MLS clubs lack.

Archived