Brian Billick Fired

Nick 1733

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just announced on ESPN... Thoughts?

Thoughts? Surprised but not shocked. I'm curious now to see if Rex Ryan gets serious consideration for the job.

Mac, is it me or is there something slightly ironic about the fact that Baltimore's old team more or less knocked Cleveland's new team out of the playoffs? Maybe "ironic" isn't the right word, but I think you get the idea.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

It's about friggin' time.

(For the record...I think I still hold on to the belief that the Ravens hired the wrong guy as their head coach way back in whatever year Billick was hired. I was thinking they should have stayed in-house and promoted Marvin Lewis instead of bringing in Mr. Offensive--and, to hear him say it, LITERAL--genius. But how ironic is it, though, that the offensive mastermind was brought into to spark the offense, yet that "O" ain't done much of anything, while the defensive mastermind--Lewis--got the job in the 'Natti and yet that defense ain't really done no better there, either?)

Either way it goes...good luck on your head coaching search, Baltimore Ravens front office.

(And now...Mike Singletary's name is REALLY about to begin flying around.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Very surprising, I didn't expect this after he had just signed an extension last offseason. But you could tell the players didn't like him. Plus he didn't make any progress with the offense in nine years with the job. The offense has really held the Ravens back for so many years. Last year, we would have beaten the Colts even with an average offense. Hopefully a new coach will be able to fix that problem. With that said I do thank Billick for taking the Ravens to a new level, and winning the city its 2nd Super Bowl.

I'm not sure what's out there yet, but currently I'd like to see Rex Ryan promoted. He seems like a good fit. Unless of course a future HOF coach like Bill Cohwer (I've heard rumors, but don't think its likely) is willing to take the job. Also I'm hoping that an improved offense doesn't in turn destroy the defense, giving us the opposite of what we currently have.

(And now...Mike Singletary's name is REALLY about to begin flying around.)

SSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHH.....

Not so loud. I don't want anyone to notice him. That way, once the Rams finally wake up and realize who their coach is, they can fire his @$$, and hire Singletary.

Too late. :D

That being said, about time. Not only did his offenses suck, but he finally lost his locker room. Anytime that happens as a HC, you got to go.

I can't say that anything in sports has me happier this year then clicking onto the Baltimore Sun and seeing this:

17285622ho9.th.jpg

I have truly disliked Billick since about his second season. This has bee a long time coming.

Good Riddance "Genius".

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

I don't remember where I heard this (probably on one of the 500 football games I watched this weekend) but they were saying that Steve Bischotti went around and asked The Ravens players if Billick "had lost them" and the majority said that yes he had. That's probably what did it. Either way, the guy was way overrated. If that team had ever had even an above average offense they would probably have a couple more rings.

Good riddance. I wonder which pre-game show he'll end up with. My bet is he ends up on ESPN.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

I wonder which pre-game show he'll end up with. My bet is he ends up on ESPN.

I hope none. He has the personality of a dry washcloth, he doesn't even rate wet.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

Maybe the Dolphins owe him one and should give him a call. ;)

I could see them going after him, although, whether he accepts the job is something else.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

So Brian Billick was so bad ("HOW BAD WAS HE?") that he got himself <<BLANK>>ed.

Nice job, Brian.

HAHA! Too funny!

Believe it or not, my dad, when he got out of high school, wrote questions for Match Game, for a dollar per question accepted. Big money! :D

Don't make fun of that job, because he did it with current writer for Mad Magazine, Dick DeBartolo. :P

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

not a surprise, the thing that surprised me the most is that he lasted this long, hell i woulda fired him after getting beat by the friggin Dolphins!

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

not a surprise, the thing that surprised me the most is that he lasted this long, hell i woulda fired him after getting beat by the friggin Dolphins!

While you jest, that was probably the death knell.

Archived