2008 MLB BP Caps

Royals Insider

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was at a Finish Line yesterday and saw Dodgers and Cubs BP caps on sale for $19.99. Thought maybe a change was in store (either color changes or overall abandonment, even though I know neither team was on the released list).

I think they're just on sale, since apparently the Finish Line's basically bankrupt, from what I've heard. (Note: I work for a Finish Line out here)

This is what changed I think the teams should do to their bp hats

Atlanta - I actually like their current bp hat, take away the side flaps and its fine

Cincinnati - WHITE hat with red wishbone c, maybe with a black shadow, maybe

Kansas City - replace the current bp kc logo with the normal one and give it a gray/silver brim

Minnesota - Red hat, with white M logo outlined in navy with a navy bill

San Diego - just get rid of the flaps

Seattle - rid of side crap and give it a sexy teal brim

Tampa Bay - make the whole hat graident, jk its already been shown so meh.

Kansas City - replace the current bp kc logo with the normal one and give it a gray/silver brim

I believe the Royals complained last year about the silver/gray flap, mentioning that it wasn't even one of their colors. I'd guess that would prevent it from getting a bigger role this year. I'd expect it to be replaced in some way by the powder blue (or maybe gold).

I believe the Royals complained last year about the silver/gray flap, mentioning that it wasn't even one of their colors. I'd guess that would prevent it from getting a bigger role this year. I'd expect it to be replaced in some way by the powder blue (or maybe gold).

You are exactly right. I look for all of the silver to be removed for 08 and just replaced with royal blue.

You are exactly right. I look for all of the silver to be removed for 08 and just replaced with royal blue.

Hmm ok, how bout a blue bp hat with a light blue brim.

Also remember the first set of p jersey graphics showed other teams with silver as well (including the phillies) made no sense

The original document that had the list of changes for each team was a bit vague in relation to what the changes were for the BP caps (I am looking at a printed copy of it right now). Most of them on that list at the top of this thread say "Modification to batting practice cap" or "Modification to batting practice cap trim". I would think that would mean the logo, the trim around the brim, or the removal of the side panels (to match what the Angels did last season).

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

• 4 weeks later...

The New Orleans Zephyrs (AAA minor league team) has changed to the 3930s for their BP hats. I picked one up and noticed that the front had the mesh, previous 3930s I picked up for MLB teams didn't. Is that something that was changed when the BP hats were updated last year?

And for those wondering, yes, I did remove the mesh, though it was a slight pain in the tuckus considering the mesh and the plastic threads holding it in are all black. Make sure you do your surgery in good light.

kU6ns.gif

and how is Seattle's new?

The e-mail I received stated that the M's are getting a new BP. That was the picture that was with the preorder option for the new cap. But you are right, now that I looked at the M's pro shop. I have no clue what the difference is. They look the same.

Alouettes_roadsign.pngBlueJays_roadsign.pngExpos_roadsign.png

and how is Seattle's new?

The e-mail I received stated that the M's are getting a new BP. That was the picture that was with the preorder option for the new cap. But you are right, now that I looked at the M's pro shop. I have no clue what the difference is. They look the same.

I think maybe the piping is different. Was it teal before?

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

Archived