2008 NFL Playoffs

rainmaker17

Is it just me or is watching the Patriots about as exciting as watching paint dry? With Nantz and Simms acting like they're calling a funeral procession and the absolute lack of joy in everything New England does, this game, while competitive, is not terribly exciting. Maybe I am just footballed out or something but it sure seems like the crowd, the announcers, and the home team have given this thing the atmosphere of a PGA event. Ho-hum and go Jaguars.

It's reached the point with this team that I am completely apathetic to when they play. I am resigned to them winning it all, but since I will never recognize them as the greatest ever, it doesn't really matter. For the record, most of the game I watched Kansas smack Nebraska, and played Age of Empires II instead, since I had slightly more interest in that.

However...the fact that I decline to watch playoff football when I have the opportunity really is indicative of my apathy-this season is the first time I recall it happening.

I'll contrast that with the Seattle-Green Bay game, which was simply enjoyable to watch.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Rodney Harrison's a thug. Anybody who denies that has severely rose-colored blinders on.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just want to express my hatred for Rodney Harrison now. Probably the dirtiest player to ever play since it was illegal to be dirty.

As if I didn't have enough reasons (rational AND irrational) to hate the Patriots and everyone involved with them, the fact that they support that a**clown is enough.

It's ashame he's also good, too.

He's the dirtiest player I've ever seen play the game, hell, he'd probably be considered dirty if he played back in the 50's when guys were allowed to clothesline.

I'll see your Rodney Harrison and raise you the following...

Bill Romanowski (conveniently forgetting he's a former Bronco too)

Kevin Mawae

Conrad Dobler

Jack Tatum

Warren Sapp

need I go on, haters?

How many of them deliberately ended their opponent's starting QB year with a cheap shot to the knee in the preseason?

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I just want to express my hatred for Rodney Harrison now. Probably the dirtiest player to ever play since it was illegal to be dirty.

As if I didn't have enough reasons (rational AND irrational) to hate the Patriots and everyone involved with them, the fact that they support that a**clown is enough.

He's the dirtiest player I've ever seen play the game, hell, he'd probably be considered dirty if he played back in the 50's when guys were allowed to clothesline.

Kevin Mawae

Conrad Dobler

Jack Tatum

Warren Sapp

need I go on, haters?

How many of them deliberately ended their opponent's starting QB year with a cheap shot to the knee in the preseason?

How about paralyzing a player with a shot to the head in the preseason?

Or ending a player's season with a blindsided cheap shot?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Kevin Mawae

Conrad Dobler

Jack Tatum

Warren Sapp

need I go on, haters?

How about paralyzing a player with a shot to the head in the preseason?

Or ending a player's season with a blindsided cheap shot?

Tatum hit hard.

Sapp's a bit of a thug, but I don't recall him regularly going out of his way to cheap shot players.

How often were the above voted the "dirtiest player in the NFL?"

Today, we are all otaku.

Sapp was not a dirty player, and neither is Mawae.

Jack Tatum well he was just disgustingly dirty and it fit in because the Raiders were all dirty.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Both Sapp and Mawae have been on the list of the current dirtiest players in the league, and have been for years. Mawae has a big reputation for taking out knees of defenders trying to get past him. And Sapp has taken cheap shots and it just a loudmouth fatass whose best days are behind him.

And what about Roy Williams, the King of the horse-collar tackle?

Again, I'm not saying that Harrison isn't a dirty player. But those currently complaining about him are some of the biggest Patriots haters on this board, and their comments just sound like sour grapes.

Both Sapp and Mawae have been on the list of the current dirtiest players in the league, and have been for years. Mawae has a big reputation for taking out knees of defenders trying to get past him. And Sapp has taken cheap shots and it just a loudmouth fatass whose best days are behind him.

Again, I'm not saying that Harrison isn't a dirty player. But those currently complaining about him are some of the biggest Patriots haters on this board, and their comments just sound like sour grapes.

I will openly admit that I hate the Patriots, and have for years. I hate the Red Sox, I hate the Celtics, it has nothing to do with sour grapes. How could it be when the Broncos OWN the Patriots?

Also, I find Roy Williams to be a dirty player too, but only because he continues to use his horse collar tackle regardless of the rules.

I have never in all my years of watching football seen a dirtier player than Rodney Harrison, and this goes back to his days with San Diego.

My hate for Harrison stems from when he took Trent Green's knee out in the preseason. Since then I've noticed so many other dirty hits by him.

When he signed with the Pats it just added fuel to it. I've thought he was the dirtiest player since his Charger days.

You honestly believe that :censored: you just typed?

If someone mentioned that a guy on my football team was dirty, I would be proud of that and reply "If you don't like how a dirty player plays, either deliver a cheap shot of your own or watch a different sport.".

Right. But being out West, you would have seen Romanowski many more times. Romo was dirty. He was constantly cheap shotting people and trying to injure them. He was also a steroid-riddled bigot.

To say that Harrison is dirtier than Romanowski is mind-boggling at best.

If someone mentioned that a guy on my football team was dirty, I would be proud of that and reply "If you don't like how a dirty player plays, either deliver a cheap shot of your own or watch a different sport.".

Look who wrote the comments and ask me that again. It's not the comment, but the credibility of those who delivered it.

Um. I don't know what to say to that.

Cheapshots have no place in this game.

Is it just me or is watching the Patriots about as exciting as watching paint dry? With Nantz and Simms acting like they're calling a funeral procession and the absolute lack of joy in everything New England does, this game, while competitive, is not terribly exciting. Maybe I am just footballed out or something but it sure seems like the crowd, the announcers, and the home team have given this thing the atmosphere of a PGA event. Ho-hum and go Jaguars.

It's reached the point with this team that I am completely apathetic to when they play. I am resigned to them winning it all, but since I will never recognize them as the greatest ever, it doesn't really matter. For the record, most of the game I watched Kansas smack Nebraska, and played Age of Empires II instead, since I had slightly more interest in that.

However...the fact that I decline to watch playoff football when I have the opportunity really is indicative of my apathy-this season is the first time I recall it happening.

I'll contrast that with the Seattle-Green Bay game, which was simply enjoyable to watch.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Rodney Harrison's a thug. Anybody who denies that has severely rose-colored blinders on.

Ummm... up to this point, why? Oh yeah, I forgot, you're all jealous.

And Rodney's not a thug. He's a hard-hitting downright gangsta who happens to sometime hit guys after the play. So he's got some problems. So does your team. SHA-ZAM!

Right. But being out West, you would have seen Romanowski many more times. Romo was dirty. He was constantly cheap shotting people and trying to injure them. He was also a steroid-riddled bigot.

I saw Romanowski play plenty along with Harrison (Chargers) and Harrison is STILL a dirtier player than Bill was. Granted Romo is also a horrible person in general (unfortunately his name will always be connected with the Broncos Championship teams).

Especially watching the Pats games lately, he's constantly trying to deliver a late hit, or an unnecessary hit. He's going for guy's heads when they're being tackled and trying to whip the QB back on his head when he's already got him stopped.

Refresh my memory....why was Harrison suspended at the beginning of the season again?

----------------------------

Jealous? Hardly...I simply think the immovable object of the 85 Bears trumps the irresistible force of the 2007 Patriots. Content yourself with #2 on the list.

I for one will content myself with never living in the "hub of the universe". Going from its title, the gravity must be something fierce.

So does your team.

O/T You think I'm unaware of this? They need their owner to be like Bill Wirtz in late September 2007 unload the team to someone who isn't a penny-pinching shrew, fire the front office, learn to actually scout or pony up the cash for free agents, and generally stop being one of the league's joke shop operations.

Today, we are all otaku.

I hate it how, whenever anyone says anything bad about the Patriots, someone says we're jealous.

We are not jealous. Supporting the Patriots, however, is like watching "Remember the Titans" and hoping that anyone but the Titans wins. There are sanctions in the sport of football that have been defiled by the arrogance of the Patriots and their fans, and basically the reason why so many people hate them.

For one, the video taping.

For another, running up the score (i.e. going for it on 4th & 2, up by 20, 2:00 remaining)

For another still, outrageous arrogance (see above)

For another, a combination of Randy Moss's stupid post-game sweater vests and arrogance

For another, the constant media obsession (see SportsCenter, where even in the Patriots' bye week, they were the most covered team)

For another, Coach of the Year to Bellichick, only because voters in every market save Green Bay, Tennessee, Dallas, and Tampa Bay don't know who else to vote for, so they revert to the team they know most about (see above)

And finally...

For the reason that the NFL set it up for them to win. Evidence: Baltimore had them beat, but the official called a timeout that should not have been called, as well as another bad call down the stretch, to keep New England in it.

And worst of all, now all of their fans, who subconsciously know their team is full of cheaters and dirty players, brag incessantly about them.

And you're tired of that? Well, you must just be jealous.

Archived