2008 NFL Playoffs

rainmaker17

O well, time to look to next year. I would like to see the o-line upgraded, maybe try and sign Allen Faneca. Hopefully the offense can stay healthy throughout the whole year and the defense can build of off this year. The big question is will Holmgren be the coach, I say yes but if I'm wrong maybe Jim Mora Jr will get some consideration for the head job.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it just me or is watching the Patriots about as exciting as watching paint dry? With Nantz and Simms acting like they're calling a funeral procession and the absolute lack of joy in everything New England does, this game, while competitive, is not terribly exciting. Maybe I am just footballed out or something but it sure seems like the crowd, the announcers, and the home team have given this thing the atmosphere of a PGA event. Ho-hum and go Jaguars.

BB52Big.jpg

JAGS! JAGS! JAGS!

I disagree with you, infrared, this has been a good game, not great but good, I'm enjoying it mainly because it's tight, and Jacksonville is playing great D against the Pats, and have put together some good drives.

14-14 is great news. The missed field goal could have big implications on this one.

Since I haven't heard a reference to the record...

Going into tonight, the all-time completion percentage record for a playoff game is 22/25 (88%) with Phil Simms in Super Bowl XXI. (Go figure, once I go to type this, they say something.) Tom Brady is 23/24 (95.83%).

LvZYtbZ.png

JAGS! JAGS! JAGS!

I disagree with you, infrared, this has been a good game, not great but good, I'm enjoying it mainly because it's tight, and Jacksonville is playing great D against the Pats, and have put together some good drives.

14-14 is great news. The missed field goal could have big implications on this one.

I didn't say the game wasn't good. I think the atmosphere around it is a bore.

Anyway, this is where the Patriots pull away.

BB52Big.jpg

Since I haven't heard a reference to the record...

Going into tonight, the all-time completion percentage record for a playoff game is 22/25 (88%) with Phil Simms in Super Bowl XXI. (Go figure, once I go to type this, they say something.) Tom Brady is 23/24 (95.83%).

It's a well known fact that commentators and their producers scoure message boards looking for interesting stats that the real fans know.

Brady 25/27 for 92.5%

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

JAGS! JAGS! JAGS!

I didn't say the game wasn't good. I think the atmosphere around it is a bore.

Anyway, this is where the Patriots pull away.

When I saw the Patriots play Dallas in October I couldn't get over how smug their fans were. Not loud, not really trash talking, just uber-cocky about their team. Every score was received with kind of a yawn and an "of course" attitude. They're so convinced how unbeatable they are they've transformed into these joyless bores. It amazing how a long-suffering region can go from pitied to congratulated to hated in such a short span of time. This isn't targeted at everyone in Pats nation, just the ones who know who they are.

newsig.jpg

I just want to express my hatred for Rodney Harrison now. Probably the dirtiest player to ever play since it was illegal to be dirty.

As if I didn't have enough reasons (rational AND irrational) to hate the Patriots and everyone involved with them, the fact that they support that a**clown is enough.

It's ashame he's also good, too.

I just want to express my hatred for Rodney Harrison now. Probably the dirtiest player to ever play since it was illegal to be dirty.

As if I didn't have enough reasons (rational AND irrational) to hate the Patriots and everyone involved with them, the fact that they support that a**clown is enough.

He's the dirtiest player I've ever seen play the game, hell, he'd probably be considered dirty if he played back in the 50's when guys were allowed to clothesline.

He's the dirtiest player I've ever seen play the game, hell, he'd probably be considered dirty if he played back in the 50's when guys were allowed to clothesline.

I'll see your Rodney Harrison and raise you the following...

Bill Romanowski (conveniently forgetting he's a former Bronco too)

Kevin Mawae

Conrad Dobler

Jack Tatum

Warren Sapp

need I go on, haters?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I'll see your Rodney Harrison and raise you the following...

Bill Romanowski (conveniently forgetting he's a former Bronco too)

Kevin Mawae

Conrad Dobler

Jack Tatum

Warren Sapp

need I go on, haters?

I don't know about Mawae, but I know the rest are/were very dirty players. I do not like Romanowski one bit, regardless of the fact he played for the Broncos.

The difference is Harrison goes out of his way to try and injure players and end careers.

Archived